“Just Awful. A nightmare.”
Review of Piccadily Hotel

Piccadily Hotel
Ranked #172 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 25 September 2011

When we arrived and checked in no-one even greeted us, they were to engrossed looking at their computers.
The swimming pool was closed when we arrived and I had to have massive arguments with 3 separate managers before I could get a clear answer about when it would be open. I was told it would be "open in 4 hours" but it was still closed when I left a day later. The managers where rude and arrogant.
The people in the spa spoke poor English, when I asked them a question they just said "yes" even though it was clear they had no idea what I was asking.
As a family we had booked 3 rooms and in all of the rooms there were complimentary items missing, (and they forgot to refill the tea/coffee tray). The bath robes were ripped and in poor condition. There was no complimentary shower gel which is pretty tacky for a 5* hotel.
The showers were AWFUL, the water just dribbles out the shower head.
I was also annoyed that room service didn't deactivate the alarm on the clock meaning that on my first morning I was woken up at 5.30am.

When we asked at reception about the distance to a nearby restaurant the receptionist said "there is no way you can walk" whilst the concierge said "it is easily within walking distance". You could not get a straight answer out of any of these guys.

The waiters were pretty useless, they couldn't even pour tea out a pot without dribbling it all over the table and they kept taking our cutlery away without giving us a fresh set.

In summary management staff were arrogant and the rest of the staff where pretty incompetent. I would really not recommend this hotel at all, regardless of whether your stay is for business or pleasure. During our stay in India we stayed in 5 hotels and everyone in my family (6 people, with 4 grown-up children) agreed that this hotel was by far the worst. If you are staying in Delhi I really recommend Le Meridien because we stayed there for 2 nights and it was absolutely excellent. (the staff where so friendly and respectful and the breakfast buffet was awesome). On the last day of our stay at the Hilton the staff tried to make amends for their awful service after our repeated complaints but by that time we where too annoyed for it to have any real impact.

I've also just remembered that the internet (which you had to pay for) kept turning off and unsurprisingly the staff where not in the least concerned.
Also, the location is not very good. It is in a fairly dreary and boring part of Delhi.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Arv99
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us is highly appreciated and the time taken to provide me with these details is of utmost importance to us. We are so sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies that the service provided to you did not meet with your expectations. The different service gaps that you identified during your stay are very concerning especially how our teams handle certain situations.

Although we are a large hotel operation, guest satisfaction is a high priority for us, an area that we repeatedly train on and follow up, in an effort to sustain a high level of service throughout the hotel and allow travellers such as yourself, have a pleasant but also productive and hustle free stay. Your valid points will be shared with our team and I am certain will be of great help to us.

Once again thank you for highlighting the issues to us. We hope to see you back at the hotel soon so that you are able to judge our commitment to excellence yourself.

Sincerely, Rubal Chaudhry, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,320)

Reviewed 23 September 2011

After a long road trip our welcome was an upgrading to an executive floor room derived apparently from my HHonors membership. From then on, the friendly and efficient service received from all the staff: entrance, front desk, housekeeping, and with a special mention, the executive lounge, was always impeccable. The amenities of the room and the décor of the property are amazing. Now, there is a new Hilton in Delhi, but if I return to this city it will be hard to decide booking the new one instead of returning to this property. It will not be easy to exceed the outstanding service and ambiance of the Hilton Janakpuri.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mlgtrips

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed many of the facilities and services provided by the hotel. Feedback such as yours helps to further meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and we greatly appreciate it.

Thank you once again for your patronage of Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

This hotel has everything you want and is good value for money. If you are a Hilton Honors gold or platinum the executive floor is great. The "Magic" button is always at your service to to help you at any time. The staff is friendly and helpful.

The only slightly negative thing about the hotel is location depending upon what you want to see. Downtown Delhi is a good 20-30 car ride and the location adds another hour to the drive to Taj Mahal. We did the one day trip to Agra and it was a very long day 5+ hours each way to the Taj Mahal, granted most of this was because of typical India traffic.

On the location plus side it is close to the airport.

Room Tip: Would ask for a room in the back away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank hawaiifred
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed many of the facilities and services provided by the hotel and that your experience at Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri was enjoyable. The exclusive and welcoming Executive Lounge has been designed to offer an atmosphere that is both relaxed and enjoyable.

It is feedback such as yours, which helps to further meet and exceed the expectations of our guests, and we greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

The Hilton Delhi is just a year old but it is an excellent 5 star option situated close to the Delhi domestic and international airport.

The lobby is very grand and the rooms are very cosy. The hotel is located in the posh Janakpuri area and hence there is everything right from malls to restaurants next to the hotel.

The station is just opposite and hence you can also catch the metro to reach any part of Delhi quickly.

I would definitely give this luxury staying option 5 stars.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank namastecitytour

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the services provided by the hotel and would like to thank you for your positive comments about your experience at Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

I was travelling with my wife on our first trip to India, and decided to go to a good western hotel the last day of our stay.

I made a booking through booking.com, because there was a good price for the night. A couple of days later, I received an email from the hotel informing that my credit card had bounced, and that the reservation would not be held if I did not supply a new credit card. Unfortunately, internet access is not something easy to obtain when you are travelling around India by train, so I read that a few days later, and looking at the total expense of the trip, decided not to provide a new one and therefore lose the reservation. (May I remind you this was a prepaid booking, not a standard reservation).

What is my surprise at my return, when I see that I have been charged for a full night stay. That means after they knew my credit card had bounced, they kept trying to rip me off my money, without my consent.

I have tried to discus this matter with a man called Parul Gera, but he seems to be a machine, because he keeps answering the same things over and over again: hotel policy.

In any place in the world, when booking a PREPAID service, if a card gets rejected, the service remains unbooked. If I book a plane ticket online and my CCard gets rejected, I don't get the ticket, as simple as that. But specially, I don't have to worry about the airline trying to charge my credit card until it goes through!!. That is illegal, and not "hotel policy".

I will take this complaint to the customer care service somewhere else, seeing that it's impossible to discuss any matter with this Hilton hotel in particular.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank yocastus

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

As discussed all necessary measures have been taken to rectify the concern. Hope that this situation has not damaged your confidence in staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Simply exe lent food and a beautiful hotel a must see for every buss traveller in Delhi and great value for money better than most hotels I have stayed in Delhi at great prices. The spa is very nice and the lobby looks fantastic I havent seen a bigger lobby than this in Delhi it is truly a hidden jewel which people should know about.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank KatyBombay
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi Janakpuri.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri was enjoyable. We understand the importance of a hassle free stay on Business trips and will continue to do our best to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable experience.

Thank you once again for your patronage of Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri. We hope to be of service to you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

I booked into the Hilton as a birthday treat from family for 2 nights. I had a Executive Suite. On arrival I was taken to the 9th floor, to their Exec Lounge, where they check you in and show you to your room. My Suite was more than perfect. They advised of the free alcoholic drinks and snacks everyday from 6-8.30pm, which was definately an added bonus. The staff in the Exec Lounge were most friendly and very accommdating. I throughly enjoyed my stay here and on my birthday they allowed me to bring in 3 guests and I only payed extra for 1. I would like to say a personal thanks to Himani - Exec Lounge Manager who further ensured I had a pleasant stay. Thank you to the Exec Lounge Staff for my making my birthday extra special.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank NIKKIKK77

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi Janakpuri.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was glad to hear that the facilities provided on our Executive floor were able to meet your expectations. It is always reassuring to learn that our efforts are being noted by those whom we count on the most, "our guests".

Thank you once again for your patronage of Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri and look forward to welcoming back to your hotel.