“Recommended”

Ranked #372 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Ladies and gentlemen, to make your vacation or business trip to Delhi complete I thoroughly recommend that you stay at this fantastic hotel.

Janakpuri itself is a district of "old Delhi" an typically Indian.

It was a 30 minute cab ride from the airport, the door staff greeted me in the traditional manner and were very polite and helpful.

Check in was fast and well managed, the room key and the little holder they put them in was already waiting for me and they even took me to my suite to make sure I was happy with it.

The suite was very spacious and well appointed, it even had fresh flowers and fruit, a really nice touch.

I paid less than £90 per night for a 3 roomed suite for a 6 night stay, great value.

Well managed and such a friendly hotel, well done all, see you soon

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt G
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri

Thank you for taking time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We sincerely appreciate your positive comments about the hotel. I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Sincerely, Rubal Chaudhry, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Markham, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

Lovely hotel, spacious comfortable room. Quiet, calm atmosphere. Choices in the restaurant were varied and delicious. Restaurant staff were efficient except in offering morning offee. They did not understand Westerner's need for coffee with their breakfast!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Beaverskins24
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you for your constructive feedback and observation. I was glad to hear that you were able to enjoy various facilities provided by the hotel. We have shared your feedback with the team and can assure you of our best moving forward.

Thank you once again for staying with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Delhi.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

This hotel was our first in 3 weeks in India and it was one of the best during our holiday. Wow, from check-in till check-out. We booked 3 suites for 7 people and everyone said it was excellent.

Check-in and check-out was smooth at the executive floor. While waiting for our rooms the staff offered us cold drinks in the executive lounge.

The rooms were spacious and the interior was nice and modern with separate sleep-and living room. The bath room was big and there was everything what u needed. Lovely shower and separate bath, 2 sinks. The bed was amazing, very comfortable.

During our stay my mother celebrated her 50th birthday and from back home I sent a mail to ask if they could arrange something. And indeed they did. The hotel had sent a big and lovely cake along with beautiful flowers. Very nice service.

Breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks in the lounge was really good. And the service here was better than most hotels in Europe. Room service also very nice. The hotel has 8 restaurants we used only 2 of them and both where very nice. There was only one thing at the restaurant on the ground floor we ordered for 7 people and the brought food for 6, we didn’t ordered something else because u had to want long before u got it. They apologized many times and they offered us lovely and many many desserts, on the house of course.

The swimming pool was a very nice feature after a long day in Delhi.
If I return I know where I’m going to stay….

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Robbyrs
Middleburg, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

This Hotel is beautiful, but new. The only thing that I thought needed adjusting was the breakfast. They did not replaced the empty trays of food. This hotel was the best we stayed in India.

The people from India are so nice, and they try hard to please. We are so spoiled and fail to see others trying to do their best. I would like to make a comment about the people I observed at the hotel: Generally, most of us are rude when things don't go our way; we don't realize that when we misbehave, in other countries, people are judging all Americans' by your behavior.
The metro station was accross the way from the hotel. I did not ride it since we only went there overnight.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank floribel071
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri

Thank you for taking time and letting us know your views regarding your recent stay with us.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the facilities and services at the hotel and would like to thank you for your positive comments about your experience at Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri. These are certainly going to be very encouraging and motivating especially for the Team.

We hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Upon checking in I was whisked up to the executive lounge (it was just 8 pm). As there were a couple others checking in, I walked over to see what evening eats were out. Nothing. I asked about the evening happy hour and was told 6 - 8 pm. This was repeated the second night at 8. On the third night at 6:30, I asked why they weren't serving and was told it was held downstairs. Gee, thanks.. I found the desk area very small and the TV was in the way when I wanted to work. I do like that the Hilton and many hotels now have the electic coverters of all different sizes right there in the wall. They have a nice pool, but again, I felt the air was too sick to go outside on my off hours. The fitness center was small, but did have nice equipment. I went into the spa and read the menu, but it didn't have a clean feel to me so I passed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank trekker954
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you for taking out time and sharing your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies that the service provided to you did not meet with your expectations. Your constructive observation will be shared with our team and I am certain will be of great help to us.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We wish you a pleasant week ahead and look forward to your next visit.

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

We were attending a wedding in New Delhi, and stayed in this hotel. Opened in 2009. Private entrance into the hotel, drive up to an impressive glass fronted hotel. Large lobby with a huge chandelier taking the pride of place. Staff are very helpful but not always great at following through with your instructions. Needed to ask a couple of times for prices of airport transfers. Nice cocktail bar in the foyer, along with an informal coffee lounge, as well as a good restaurant. Rooms are large and modern, very clean and comfortable. Metro station conveniently situated opposite the hotel,.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank toralkeshwala
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the services provided by the hotel and would like to thank you for your positive comments about your experience at Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri.

Thank you once again for your patronage of Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

I had been to the hotel last month for a company meeting for which we blocked the banquet hall, around thirty rooms and a restaurant. The reception desk was pathetic. They must have had a crash course in stone walling and acting deaf and dumb when we all were asking for our legitimate rooms. They kept us waiting for their so called senior staff to come who was unbelievably arrogant and rude. The whole meeting was affected by callous mismanagement at the hotel. At cocktails to our horror they served expired beer. Again nobody from top management came ahead to take any responsibility. Kindly check on the date on the bottle wherever you are there. I dread whenever i think of that horrible stay.

• Stayed September 2011
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you so much for providing all necessary details.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused. Would like to assure you that this is not indicative of the standards that the hotel maintains and the issue has been highlighted to the concerned departments so that corrective measures can be taken.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back.