“Stay at hotel le Roi”

Ranked #127 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Ahmedabad, India
“Stay at hotel le Roi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

The stay in the hotel was very comfortable. Very good room with excellent service . The front desk person should have been more courteous. We were on a holiday trip to Gangtok. The hotel location is in a good place,near to New Delhi railway station.We will always remember the stay in the hotel even though it was for a short time. We will always recommond this hotel for others

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Lesmahagow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Was wary when the taxi stopped at this hotel but this is my first time in India. I did not fully realise the culture shock I would experience .the street at the entrance to the hotel might at first put you off .I don't think the road is even tarmacked . But put that aside! when you walk into this hotel it is as near westernised as can be . You feel safe and that is just how the Indians are in that area.the hotel is clean the breakfast is well sufficient ! the rooms cleaned daily and the ensuite is clean and does not smell .I had room at front and yes you did hear street noise during the day .But if you go to bed as I did between 11 and midnight most of the noise had quietened down and I slept ok .Except for Sunday when the Hari Kristna's paraded past at 6 in the morning .The hotel restaurant catered for me beautifully and catered for my every need I was wary of getting the dreaded 'Delhi Belly' so I stayed with the hotel restaurant throughout my stay and my 'Belly' fortunately was 100% By the way I can recommend their Indian red wine called 'Four seasons' I had a few bottles of it .When I had problems with the door lock a guy in a baseball cap who just happened to pass my door helped me. I was later to find out he was the owner of the hotel ! no airs and graces but very assertive none the less and a golf addict !!! He was telling me later that evening in the restaurant that he was in the middle of constructing a Rooftop Restaurant .The air condition is from a central point to all the rooms so it is silent and you also have a fan if it is not too warm . There is Wi-Fi in the rooms also. Yes I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to the British traveller.

Room Tip: If you open the windows at the front you will see the real India Rickshaws , Tuk Tuks people working...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I booked 3 deluxe rooms in Nov for 3 days ... 2 rooms were good but 1 very bad (#402)
Hotel is good with good rooms and facilities
But my parents room faced lot of problems and thus am very unhappy
- There were a lot of ants in the room which didn't stop coming all 3 days
- The team tried to put in white cement and all stuff but nothing worked
- I asked them to change the room, next room was empty for all 3 days, but no help provided
- The hot water kettle used to leak, replaced... the another piece didn't work
- I called at 10pm for milk for my 3-yr old but never in 3 days they gave me before 11pm
- When asked, why there was a delay, 'they said restaurant is busy' ... Dude, as if I care.

Service needs to be improved big time.

Room Tip: Hotel and rooms are good but you need to be lucky.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Tokushima, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stay here for 3 nights and were surprised to find such a good hotel nearby railway station. affordable in cost, luxurious atmosphere and very near to metro also and save money on local conveyence. breakfast is free and restaurant and bar very good. overall happy to stay

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is O.K and not that near to the station- its about a 10 min walk. The rooms were clean but the water drainage was not excellent in the bathroom as the water came into the room. The reception managers have good manners and can speak English quite well. The door man well although polite undresses all the European ladies with his eye's.

Ladies a tip if you are wearing vest top's make sure when you bend down you can not see right down your top.

We booked a car through the hotel which was quite reasonable and they gave us a free packed breakfast - the free breakfast was part of our package.

They have a restaurant as well next door and the food is quite good so no complain there - but closes at 12 midnight and there is not 24 hour room service.

The last night there was no hot water all night - we complained and nothing happened we had an early morning train and wanted to get fresh - but they did not even give a bucket of hot water when we had requested - they had said they were sending some hot water up and did not. When we came down to reception we got told that the generator had gone. The stay was quite good until then! The hotel is not bad for that area - however there are so many in that area and probably even better!

Ask for filtered water if you can stomach it - instead of bottled if you can always buy your bottled water from the shops outside much cheaper.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Varanasi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Room and facilities was very good. It is indeed the best budget hotel in Paharganj area. The complementary breakfast was awesome. The staff were very cordial and helpful.I will certainly prefer this hotel for my next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Kanpur, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

It is impossible to believe that a hotel like this can be found in Paharganj...I stayed there for two nights and it was hard to believe that we were at Paharganj. Check in was smooth , rooms tidy and the cafe served delicious food . Only downgrade was that the food was very costly and even a mineral water costed 55rs but that is compensated by pocket friendly room rent , There is no other hotel in Delhi with better value for money trait when it comes to room rent cost. I was always in a fix when it came to finding hotels in good Delhi as I visit there frequently..but now I have found a home there..!

Room Tip: Check the AC of the room first whether it is actually lowering the temperature or not
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple