“Excellent stay for the price!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Le Roi
Ranked #125 of 705 Hotels in New Delhi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent stay for the price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed in the Hotel Le Roi last month and I must tell you that it was a lovely stay. The staff at the hotel was very pleasant and took care of me. The Airport pickup was ontime and during the entire stay they served me well. For the current price offering, I would recommend this hotel to everyone. My special thanks to Mohammad at the front desk. He was very helpful and nice. Thanks you guys!

Akhtar

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was a single female traveller, first time to India for me, but I should have booked 5 star in Delhi, the surroundings look horrific & it can get quiet noisy, but the bookings were done, & the hotel is clean & neat inside, although 2 nights I had cold water problem, I complained to management & they always sent someone junior to help me, by the third night I again had cold water, i went to reception putting up a performance to get attention, because the hotel was taking advantage of me, I complained to a Mohammed who disappeared because his shift was over, the management never took the time to find out if I was okay, very poor service, its not situated in an idealic place, I couldn't walk outside late at night, so like I suggest if u're first time in india, try & book 5 star in Delhi, & management for Hotel Le Roi, don't bother replying to my review, not interested!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PrettyP1979
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was a single woman traveling alone when I stayed at Hotel Le Roi a few weeks ago. I have video footage of my stay because my sister asked me to vlog while I was out there. Here's a link http://youtu.be/_D08SbvZOh0

Basically, to summarize

PROS
1. The inside of the hotel is similar to what you might find at a 3 or 4 star hotel in the US. It's clean, well lit and quite frankly an overwhelmingly refreshing break from the chaos that is daily life in India

2. There's a restaurant next door that is staffed with what must be some of the friendliest people on the planet. I've never felt so well attended to at any restaurant in the world (and I'm not exaggerating).

3. It's one street away from the main bazaar which was such a blessing to me because God knows I did not want to get on public transportation by myself (yes, i'm a scaredy cat like that haha)

4. The travel desk is super awesome! I made friends with Sameer and Rafik and they were like brothers to me in a matter of minutes. They helped me navigate the Bazaar, called Taxis when i needed them, set up my trip to the Taj Mahal. The whole 9 yards. Definitely stop by the travel desk and talk to them. They were really nice to me.

CONS
1. The rooms are not standardized. Some rooms are significantly nicer than the others. I know this because I traveled to Hyderabad for a few days and when I came back, I was placed in a different room from what is shown in this video (http://youtu.be/_D08SbvZOh0).

The room in the video is vastly superior to the room I got the second time around. I promptly asked them to move me to a better room and they obliged. So basically, if you get a room you don't like tell them to move you to a different room.

2. The room service menu is very limited and the folks that answer the room service line don't speak the best English in the world. This turned out to be a good thing for me because it forced me to go out and buy food instead of hiding in my room for fear of food poisoning :)

3. Remember the restaurant next door that I mentioned before? Yeah I think it's a little pricey (for India). An average meal would easily run you 700 - 800 rupees which is about US$12 - US$14.

All in all, I'd highly recommend Hotel Le Roi. If I'm back in Delhi anytime soon, I would definitely consider staying there again. Hope you enjoy my goofy tour of my hotel room. Leave me a comment on YouTube if you want any additional insight on my experience there - http://youtu.be/_D08SbvZOh0

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor and stay away from the ones in the corners of the hallway (i thin...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kola O
LeRoi2, General Manager at Hotel Le Roi, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind review about Le Roi New Delhi.

Warm regards.
Indore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed wirh our family in le roi in the first week of Feb. It is a clean modern and centrally located near to new delhi railway station. Breakfast was good specially pancakes. We will definitely stay in le roI in our next visit to Delhi.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank sanjeetasaluja
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

This place is value for money. The reception staff was very helpful and cooperative.The room is nicely kept. Ambiance is very good. The bed and other furniture was comfortable. The staff was always helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I visited India in february,2014 and wanted to stay near connaught place for one week before I went to hoshiarpur my hometown.My stay was wonderful .The reception staff was very well. coming and helpful.The room was nicely kept, The bed and other furniture was comfortable. The staff was always helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiter, and nice
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Inderjeet B
LeRoi2, General Manager at Hotel Le Roi, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind review and nice stayed with us.

Warm regards.
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed with family for 3 days in this new and luxurious hotel. New condition and comfortable beds.
The staff are great on the front desk and at the restaurant. They helped us out with getting around Delhi.
From the moment you step out of the airport pickup taxi into the sidewalk of the hotel the staff begins their exceptional service. They greet you in their traditional ways and make you feel welcomed. Room was clean and so were the hotel common areas.
The Ie roi has a restaurants within it, le fairway which service almost all the cuisines,the food was delicious and the service was also nice.
STRONGLY RECOMMENDED IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family