“Welcome break”

Ranked #34 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Essex
“Welcome break”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

After a lot of moving around Northern India, the Hilton Garden Inn in Saket was a welcome break where we could relax in a clean, modern, well staffed hotel. This was a very Western so recommend if you also fancy a break from the bustle of India but not if you want an authentic Indian experience. We enjoyed it and had a wander around the modern, Western style shopping centre that was attached to the hotel. Ps. only negative was the pigeons that were dipping in and out and pooing all over the pool area - ewe.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
MonishaDewan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Lisa K,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket, it was a pleasure having you with us.

We very much appreciate your kind feedback on the hotel and are pleased that you felt relaxed during your stay. We have taken note of your comments regarding the pigeons and whilst we continue our efforts to minimise their appearance at our poolside, this is unfortunately a common issue in the city.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Monisha Dewan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2012

A great place to escape to, away from Delhi's choatic streets. Great service and location, the Metro is a short tuk-tuk ride away. Great shopping and resturants in the adjacent malls.

1 Thank shazia84
MonishaDewan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
"Dear shazia84

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket, it was a pleasure to be your place of "refuge"!

We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stay here! Tip - have someone with a sign waiting for you at the airport. It is worth the money....we took a taxi, and I'm lucky I had a map of the hotel printed out, and I was paying attention, the driver drove right past the hotel. Craziness.....

The hotel is awesome, great service, the India Grill is delicious! We get free breakfast, Hilton Gold members, and it was the best food of the whole trip. We ended up eating lunch and dinner here too. The staff is so nice, I have never eaten Indian food before, and they were happy to make me special dishes. It is a clean, restaurant, delicious food!

Room is a standard Hilton Garden Inn room, very nice, clean, all you need.

Dear Lorenita2005,

Thank you for your compliments to Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket. It is a pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We very much appreciate your kind words on the team and especially the India Grill. Indeed, we are delighted that your first experience eating Indian food was at our hotel!

We look forward to having you stay with us again, should your travels bring you back to India.

Khartoum, Sudan
Reviewed 23 April 2012

As a Western blonde woman travelling alone this was clearly the wrong choice for me. Maybe it is different if you are a man. I think that the rooms here are totally fine, the location too - quite close to the airport (for Delhi) and inside access to the mall, which is great. However, it was just impossible for me to relax here. Everywhere I went some male staff was following me, talking to me and almost harrassing me. I wanted to use the pool but I was too uncomfortable to wear my bikini as the male staff was staring and bringing their colleagues to the roof. The cleaners came to my room several times and the guards were 'escorting' me. It made me feel very uncomfortable. I also asked staff for help with two matters and on both they gave me the wrong information instead of saying that they didn't know, making me lose precious time.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Elina S
Dear Elina S,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket. While it is good to know that you were happy with the room, I am disappointed to learn that your stay experience was far from satisfactory for you.

It is most important to us that all our guests feel comfortable and safe during their stay but if you felt uncomfortable, please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. Rest assured your feedback is taken seriously, and I will take steps to address your experience and ensure that it does not happen again.

I hope that I can persuade you to stay with us again when you return to New Delhi in the future. Please contact us directly on DELSK_Reservations@hilton.com for all your accommodation needs and we will do our utmost to provide the comfort and discretion you need during your stay.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This was our final stay in India prior to goiing home, and decided not to stay at the outrageous-expensive high-end hotel. And the stay at Hilton Garden Inn turned out to be one of the best "value-for-money" hotel among all of the hotels we stayed in India. Reasonably priced, located next to a new shopping mall, the hotel restaurant offered great food. Excellent & attentive staff. At breakfast, I asked if Egg Benedict is served. Despite they don't usually do as this takes quite a bit of effort to make the sauce, the chef somewhat made his own-version of Egg Benedict for me without the sauce, really appreciate their effort! Last but not least, our flight was after midnight, when we checked with the hotel manager, we were offered to use the facility for a "wash-and-clean" after the day out in new Delhi. Definitely the "Hilton" good standard of service!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
MonishaDewan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear CarCarHK,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket. It is nice to know that at the end of your India holiday, we were able to leave you with a positive impression.

My team is dedicated to providing the best stay experience for all our guests and we are very pleased that you felt well looked after during your stay.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Kickatinalong
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Great staff, excellent facilities, nice room with modern decor and very clean.
The breakfast had an extremely wide variety of foods and choices. It is simply a treat to be a guest at the Hilton Garden Inn because of the staff. The staff are happy and friendly to interact with, and no request was too small.
Had a small issue when trying to check out, however this was rectified to my satisfaction nearly imemdiately.
Having stayed in Delhi many times, this is my new first choice for accommodation !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear JDwalkabout,

Thank you for making Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket your preferred accommodation in New Delhi!

My team and I are most appreciative of your kind feedback. It is nice to know that you felt well looked after during your stay and that you were happy with our service and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Delhi.

Rowland Heights, California
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Recently on my business trip I stayed 3 nights in this hotel and folks this is a great hotel and their staff excellent, wonderful, caring and professional. You will notice this thing once you arrived in this hotel and upto your room. Best buffet break fast in the restaurent, clean room, wonderful service. Way to GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: any room facing to the park.