“Too good___” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 705 Hotels in New Delhi
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Too good___”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Superbbbbb experience, very classy.. I was there for more than a month so i had a great experience in HILTON. It was really up-to the mark. The Cleanliness, room service, rooms, sleep quality, location as well as food was awesome. All people are very friendly & good. So overall experience was good being in a 5 star~~

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sohiniangel
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, 1 July 2012
Dear sohiniangel,

Thank you for posting your kind review of Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket. My team and I are very happy to know that you felt well-looked after throughout your month with us.

We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Monisha Dewan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Checking out from this Hotel today. We have been staying here a total of 9 night. It's been just great.
The location is good, close to shopping malls and just a short trip ( for beeing dehli) from markets and other intresting place in the city.
Excellent breakfast and food in the restaurang. Very very friendly and service minded straff.

It's been a great stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear travler72,

It is a great pleasure for my team and I to know that you have left the hotel with very good memories from your stay with us.

Thank you for your encouraging review and we look forward to seeing you again, should you return to New Delhi in the future.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Three of us today, March 23 tried the lunch buffet at India Grill, Hilton (Saket). While overall experience was good in terms of cleanliness and surrounding, there were lot of bloopers from the staff. Even the food was also not that impressive as expected from a brand like Hilton.

1) The 'cold' section was virtually empty, with hardly any salami or sausages. (We were looking forward for the meats, but were disappointed at the sight).

2) The chef at the live counter (Italian) was in a world of his own. Was difficult to access him. Skipped having any and ended up eating Indian.

3) The staff seemed more eager to clean up the plates, sometimes not asking whether one is done or not.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank sammy991
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear sammy991,

I am very sorry that your experience at India Grill was far from what you expected.

We understand that among the many expectations of our hotel, food is very important to all our guests. We very much appreciate your honest and constructive feedback and assure you we are taking your points seriously. My Food and Beverage team will take steps to assess their processes and improve the food and service shortfalls you encountered.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Wales, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I first reviewed this hotel about a year ago. Since then, I have stayed there six or seven times. After a total of about 30 nights, I am very impressed.

As other contributors have noted, the staff are fantastic -- even by the usually-high Indian standards. I don't go to the restaurant that often (I'm not disciplined enough to make it to breakfast most days) but whenever I do, the staff greet me by name. Often they remember that I want food without dairy in it before I remind them. As another reviewer said, they do South Indian food very, very well.

The hotel is very quiet and I always sleep well there.

My Indian friends and colleagues make fun of me but I would much rather stay here than any of the 5 stars I know in Delhi. It may not be chic or have cachet but it's an excellent hotel. I only worry that it will become too popular!

Room Tip: Be careful about rooms near the lift on near the sofas on the third floor living area
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear MarkCWales,

Thank you for your continued patronage of Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket, we are delighted to have you as our regular guest.

I am very pleased that my team have delivered for you the warm and personalised service, which have highlighted your many stay experiences with us, as have the food and comfort level of the hotel. It is certainly most rewarding for them to receive your kind compliments and know that you have felt well-taken cared of during your stays.

We look forward to welcoming you back once again and to being of service to you when you next return.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

I travel to India frequently, particularly Delhi. I've stayed in a number of reasonably priced hotels and found problems with many of them until I came across this one. First, the location is good and not to far from central Delhi, nor getting over to Noida. Also in regards to the location is a nice mall (DFC Place) that is attached to it where you can quickly try different restaurants, watch a movie, or shop.

More importantly are the rooms. Perfectly cleaned and in the HGI style. Housekeeping is PRECISE. Everytime after cleaning I noticed they positioned everything in a standard order. The bed is very comfortable too.

Every staff member is trained extremely well. They all ask how things are going and if you need anything. Almost too much, but I'm not going to complain about that.

There are more great things about this place: 1) they did not try to rip me off when trying to get a cab. Many hotels will only facilitate a house cab or not even allow third party cabs at the door. Here they helped connect me to Meru and get a cab quickly. 2) the pool is fantastic. clean and a great place to hang out when you have time. 3) the gym and business center are nice and well maintained.

I would particularly like to thank a few people who really helped facilitate my trip: Aman at the front desk is excellent and I greatly enjoyed speaking with the security staff in the front.

Will always go back here when in Delhi.

Room Tip: My room, 508, had a great view. All rooms ending in 08 should have the same.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Keith A
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Keith A,

I am delighted that you have made Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket your preferred hotel in New Delhi. It is always very rewarding for my team to know that our guests enjoy their stay experiences with us.

We really appreciate your feedback and insights on our facilities and service. I have shared your kind comments with Aman and the Security and Housekeeping departments, who together with the rest of my exceptional team, are dedicated to ensuring the comfort and well-being of all our guests.

Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Lahore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Well this was again a trip planned for business and I didn't take a risk to change hotel as am actually in love with the location of this hotel plus the staff which is more than welcoming and helpful. Buffet breakfast and dinner were amazing...such a huge variety to choose from :) I guess they can little bit improve on house keeping though but overall their strengths over-shadow such short comings so overall a nice choice to stay in Delhi. Internet is free there and is very good too.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MonishaDewan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Cancerian76,

Thank you for posting another delightful review of Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket. It is very nice to know that your recent stay was just as pleasant as your first!

Your feedback is truly appreciated and most of all, provides us with insights on not just our strengths but on where we can improve. I have shared your comments regarding our housekeeping with my team and can assure you that they will certainly take steps to improve on and uphold the high standards expected of our hotel.

We certainly welcome you as our regular guest and look forward to your next visit.

Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend (May 26-29) and had a wonderful time. Every single person that we came in contact with at the hotel (and in India for that matter) was polite and very helpful. I also really liked the fact that the employees of the hotel spoke near perfect english so it was very easy to communicate with them. The pool area was very nice especially after a long day in 115 degree Delhi heat. In the evening they set up a bar and had 2 for 1 beers. Also, the hotel had a 'pantry' which had drinks/snacks at normal prices so you weren't paying resort prices for a bottle of water/coke.

What really made this hotel stand out was the restaurant that is on the second floor, also attached to the mall. The food may have been over priced by India standards but it was very clean and the waiters were by far the best I've had anywhere in the world. If you asked them a question about anything, they would go out of their way to find an answer. We even had them bring us lunch to the pool one day which they happily did.

The location of the hotel is also pretty convinent given we were in Delhi for just 3 days and one of the days we did an Agra trip. It was a quick 35 minute ride by a/c taxi (Muru) to/from the airport which came out to be ~500 RS ($9.50 US) and when we explored Delhi we went by Tuk-tuk which was never more than 80-200 RS ($2-4 US) depending on the distance. I'd avoid the hotel taxi as it was rather expensive compared to the local alternatives that you can get on the other side of the mall.

My only suggestion about a trip to India would be to buy your souvenir's at Cannaught Place in Delhi and avoid buying anything in Agra. You will easily pay 5-10x more in Agra. We learned the hard way but luckily were only out about $40 each.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank gbryan84
Dear gbryan84,

It is a pleasure to know that your three days at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket were most enjoyable.

Thank you for your kind feedback on our service and especially of India Grill. I am delighted that our food was a highlight during your stay. It is also very encouraging for my team to realise that their dedication to providing good service contributes positively towards our guests' stay.

We hope you will return to India for another holiday and stay with us again in the future.