“Perfect 10!”

Ranked #52 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Perfect 10!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My 2 friends and I stayed here from a recommendation for a friend and they were spot on! Everything was fantastic, from the friendly staff to the rooms and amenities. It was like a home aways from home! I cannot say enough wonderful things about David, Atul or any of the other wonderful people who made our stay most enjoyable. The location was fantastic....we walked around the area and anywhere else we wanted to go was only a short tuk tuk ride away. Breakfast is served on an outdoor patio where we would sit for hours as we enjoyed coffee and a full breakfast. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Devna. If you are able to stay here, DO IT!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My wife and I spent four nights at Devna and had an excellent experience there. The artwork in the lobby is great. While we were not close to the Metro, taxis were easily available to take us to most of Delhi's sights, and the people at Devna were happy to arrange transportation for us. In addition, the Purana Qila (Old Fort), Humayun's Tomb, and the amazing National Gallery of Modern Art, were within walking distance. The neighborhood in which Devna is located is quiet and safe (and very wealthy).

At the hotel, the breakfasts in the courtyard were excellent and the staff was always ready to help us. We happened to have a minor medical emergency while we were in the neighborhood of Devna, and our proprietor himself came out to take us to get help. Overall, our experience staying at Devna was outstanding

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I spent two nights here with my two children at the end of a two-week tour of Delhi, Agra and Rajasthan. It was by far the nicest place we stayed in India (of eight hotels). I cannot recommend it enough. Peaceful setting in a safe area (gated road with a watchman) with plenty of green space nearby. About 20 mins' walk to Humayan's Tomb. The decoration is lovely and the room has everything you need: comfy beds, heating, hot water, safe, wifi plus a fridge, folder of local recommendations etc etc. My kids said 'wow' when they saw the huge TV in the room! The staff and owner are wonderful - friendly, helpful and attentive. Breakfast in the courtyard garden was good. I can't think of a single fault or criticism. I will definitely stay here if I come to Delhi again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Beautiful and little place to stay few days in Dehli. The owners and staff make you feel welcome. Devna is situated in a quiet and peaceful area. We felt at hime...thank you Devna and hope to come back soon.

kamil and kayla

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Devna is nestled in a relatively quiet and calm neighborhood amid the din and chaos of Delhi. It's a great option if you're looking for a good home base for a few days exploring this city. The staff went above and beyond to help us when our travel plans fell through, and were always game to answer our questions. Breakfast is buffet-style in the pretty front garden surrounded by trees, birds, and the distant din of Delhi.

Room Tip: The three rooms upstairs are the best - they're bigger, better lit, have higher ceilings, and li...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Linköping, Ostergotlands Lan, Sweden
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This place is as close to perfect as it gets; small-scale, friendly, warm and personal. It's situated in a quiet and peaceful area of Delhi, in a beautiful building with carefully selected interiors.

The staff and owners really make you feel welcome and at home. I was invited to an Indian wedding with short notice, and the owner gave me useful advice on my outfit and even gave me a beautiful anklet that I could wear.

If you're interested in cultural events like music, theater, art etc. I'm sure you can get excellent tips at Devna.

I could have given this place a five star rating if it hadn't been for what happened on the early morning I left. I had left a rather generous tip in my room, but upon leaving the night portiere asked for tip. I told him I had left my tip in the room, but he insisted. As I was in a hurry for the airport I decided to avoid any fuss and gave him some. The next thing was the car, arranged by the hotel. I thought that I had already paid for the drive on my hotel bill, but the driver argued that I was supposed to pay him. Again, as I was in a hurry, I did, and then also he asked for an extra tip (I know, it's India, but when I book something through a hotel like Devna I expect everything to be professional from beginning to end). There was obviously some sort of misunderstanding, which I don't hold against Devna, but it gave a sour aftertaste to what could have been the perfect stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2014

In addition to being located in a very nice part of Delhi, this charming small hotel has a lot of character, is beautifully furnished and - most importantly - is staffed by some of the friendliest people we had the pleasure to meet in all of India. Thanks again to the entire Devna team.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family