“First stop of the tour !!!!”

Emblem Hotel New Friends Colony
Ranked #191 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights on our first stop on our Golden Triangle Tour with Grand Travel Planner. The hotel was very clean, contemporary, and had a huge bed which was super comfy. We had a driver so I can't comment on location. Food was reasonable and good quality. A fantastic hotel in a fantastic city.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank kasutherland

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The restaurant is just beside the First floor reception! Service is very good.Nice rooms... value for money,The staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are pleasant and very clean the staff was good & dedicated. their services was fast & they agree to whatever you ask them. It is a good stay for a very short period.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2014

It would have been definitely a nightmare if I had continued my stay at Hotel Emblem, Gurgaon but for personal reasons I had to shift to Hotel Emblem New Delhi. it was definitely a surprise with over all quality of service and other hotel fundamentals against the Gurgaon branch of the same Hotel.
I had a lot of problem in Gurgaon and wanted to shift to Delhi branch, Mr. Karan Chhabra, the director of the hotel personally called up and apologized, not only that he ensured my smooth swap to Delhi branch and making sure that I have a great time in his hotel. I feel we tend not to report problems and start reviewing about it. I simply emailed and Karan appreciated my efforts for the email which worked as a feedback for him. it is obvious when on business trip one tries to find a budget hotel for a couple of nights and in that budget hotel teh guest and the hotel staff both need to be pro active. If Karan had not responded I would have had shared the negative feedback. I found the interiors of Gurgaon very tastefully done but the staff and service was bad. The interiors of the Delhi branch are just fine but the staff, food, service definitely deserves appreciation. I had booked the hotel directly from the hotel website and this was much cheaper than prices offered by several traveling sites.

Room Tip: Do not take a room facing the main road. the traffic noise can disturb you.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Booked this boutique hotel thru expedia. Small place with about 20 rooms. The restaurant is just beside the First floor reception! Service is very good. I felt the tariff and food costs are on the high side. Same quality is available in Hauz Khas area for 30% less. Also no good eating places nearby. Room is small and neat, with cable TV. Bathroom was not so good. I used the room only for sleep, so it did not matter much. May be I will try another hotel next time!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Of all the places we stayed in India, this was the one I like the least. Overpriced, small rooms, miserable dining room with slow service. Broken shower in room 305, window blinds that can't be opened and hard beds. Friendly enough, but poor overall. Wifi throughout. Would not go there again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed here for a few days prior to doing more exploring in India. The hotel is fairly basic - it's good as a base although it has no bar / alcohol licence. The room I had was comfortable and clean and that seemed to be the pattern for the other guys and gals I was travelling with. The hotel staff are really friendly and helpful, with no shortage of people around if you need any help. They can quickly arrange cars / drivers for sightseeing and the major tourist locations in Delhi are about half an hour's drive away depending on traffic. I recall it's about 45 mins to get to the International Airport.

Breakfast was limited when I was there - no buffet, but the masala omelettes are good. We had one evening meal there and no complaints either.

Overall - it's one of those 'you get what you pay for' places, but if you want a simple yet clean and efficient place to stay then it's OK. The description of a 'boutique hotel' gives a somewhat different impression than what you get in reality. By boutique, I would suggest in this case it means fairly small and compact, rather than 'twee'. Décor is modern and somewhat minimalistic but if your expectations aren't huge then this place is fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have booked this hotel through Hotel.com after speaking with Hotel.com customer executives and Hotel staff. we were told that locality of the hotel is near to my destination and easy to approachable. But which I found not true, It was completely misleading. Nothing was near to hotel locality. even need to travel a lot for metro station. Finally I compensate by paying Rs. 1000 per day to travel. Kitchen service is too bad. we have to wait full one hour for dinner after placing order. Menu is too short for 3 star hotel and breakfast buffet have very limited variety in food. Knowledge of the staff to locality if very poor. I have confirmed for disco during my trip. The day was Tuesday. Receptionist guided me to a Bar by telling this is disco and we find that the same is remain closed also on Monday, Tuesday. We have travelled for one hour to find the same. All over I have paid to get frustrated.
Never recommend Any One.
Please.............

Room Tip: Please check another option. don't go for it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business