“First hotel in India”
Review of Wood Castle

Wood Castle
Ranked #21 of 727 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

As my first hotel in India I can tell it raised the bar very high. After a long and delayed flight from AirIndia with 2.5 hours of delay I found my hotel waiting for me as nothing had happened. Even in some western cities I have had the problem of having to rearrange my own transportation after a delayed flight.

So it was great to arrive safe and sound.

The room was amazingly good and clean with all the commodities and maybe a bit more ;)
It is nice and clean, quiet and comfortable. Good hotel to start my trip through India.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Andres A

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Wood Castle was the first hotel we stayed in India after a looong 16 hour flight and right away all my anxiety was removed. We were greeted with warm welcomes, complimentary beverages, and told to make ourselves at home in the cozy common room while we were checked in. A great way to begin our adventure!
I honestly don't have a bad thing to say about this place. It is a great, reasonably priced hotel that treats you right. The rooms were spotless, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the complimentary breakfast was tasty.
The location was perfect too - Delhi can be an overwhelming and crowded city but Wood Castle is located on a relatively quiet street in Karol Bagh - away from the chaos. It's also located very close to the Metro and makes getting around the city a breeze.
We stayed here once again at the end of our trip, and after some less then fantastic (and highly overpriced) hotels we stayed at, Wood Castle really sparkled and stood out for the amazing place it is. We were welcomed back and treated well.
Thank you Wood Castle!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I love this hotel! I felt so safe and so comfortable here! The rooms are modern and so very comfortable. The food is wonderful too! The staff is more than helpful. They recommended all the tops places in Delhi to visit and I was able to navigate New Delhi and the metro system very easily with the help from the staff. They helped me with all my transportation and they were always on time. I can't recommend this place enough! Incredible value and impeccable service!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed for 1 night & our room and the overall experience were much better than expected, even after reading the reviews on here. The location is brilliant, we were able to take the metro in to Connaught Place very easily, and the airport is around 30 minutes way. The hotel arranged a very good value travel to and from the airport (800 INR pick up, and even better value 500INR drop off).
Our room was clean, and so was the bathroom where we had a separately heated hot water boiler in our room, which worked really well & ensured we were able to have hot showers.
The breakfast was also decent, and we enjoyed the food.
The only downside I was aware of was that there is quite a bit of noise on the streets in Delhi, and despite this hotel being located on a residential side street, the fact that it's in a bustling neighbourhood meant that we were woken up a few times by the noise on the street. We were on the 2nd or 3rd floor, so I'd imagine that the noise is significant on lower floors.
All in all though, I think the hotel is brilliant value for money, and well located, so I'd stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Wood Castle is a GREAT hotel. The rooms are super nice, the service is fantastic and they are extremely helpful and offer up a great hotel to stay in. India is a crazy, chaotic place and this was our first stop on our trip. They helped put us at ease and gave us the info we needed to navigate the great city of Delhi. There's a character named Jack that hangs around...just make sure you do your diligence before blindly accepting any price he gives you for any services he offers. All in all, this is a fantastic hotel and I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Steve-O1974
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We arrived let night in Delhi and hotel provided free pick up from airport was very good, the staff we so helpful and genuinely friendly and completely not \what we'd expected after several quite harsh warnings not to trust anyone. These guys really do think of you like family! The rooms were big, spacious and good value and Kamal the driver was an absolute legend. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank mariauk83
Reviewed 27 December 2013

we stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel is very much affordable with good and helpful staffs. The rooms were great. The bed sheets were amazing. The location is perfect. It is located in convenient place. Nice..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends