“Excellent hotel &staff that bend over backwards for you”
Review of Wood Castle

Wood Castle
Ranked #21 of 721 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 2 March 2014

A small, extremely friendly and we'll situated hotel on a quiet back street.
Owners are "super duper" making you feel part of the family, nothing is too much, tea/coffee wake up calls in the morning, got an ailment, no problem...3 pharmacists owning the hotel will take EXCEPTIONAL care of you. A member of our party had a tooth removed before travelling and it flared up whilst at the hotel, one of the owners Rajesh was kind enough to physically take her to get treated
treated.
Laundry service at hotel is SUPER fast and efficient.
Money exchange can be arranged via reception. Wi-fi available at hotel along with a PC in reception area.
Food menu is fairly extensive with something yo suit all tastes (toasted sandwiches, chow main, various Indian quinines vegie and otherwise)
Tuk Tuk ride to shopping area will be around 100-200 rupees (£1-£2) and business cards with address on available in reception.
Rooms are beautiful, well layer out and come with 2 complimentary bottles of water, tv, fridge, complimentary slippers, bathroom is a wet room with a good quality hair dryer and best of all heated beds!!!
Mini bus service bookable via reception very reliable and comfortable, 13 people in our party and 24 cases were carried on the roof covered and secured with ropes and tarpaulin. Drivers took us via Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore, Jaipur then back to Delhi and stayed locally to our hotels at each location.
Reception staff very knowledgeable and will be happy to advise you of anything you may need to know.
All in all the most friendly, attentive and reliably knowledgeable staff and most comfortable, warming and relaxed hotel of our trip

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I have recently returned from staying in the Woodcastle both at the beginning and at the end of my time in India .... I travelled in a group of 13 .... The hotel is situated in a quiet area with shops and all amenities within 5 mins walking ... The staff gave a very warm welcome on our arrival with complimentary drinks for all ... The hotel is spotlessly clean and there is hot water available ... There is free wifi in the lounge area and access to a computer ... The staff are extremely friendly and cannot do enough to ensure that your stay with them is anything but a pleasure .. Nothing is too much trouble at any time ... The food was outstanding with a good variety of dishes to choose from ... A few of us arrived back at the hotel at 10:45 one evening and had not eaten and the staff still managed to feed us even though the kitchen had already been closed ... It was my first stay in India and the staff at Woodcastle were so friendly and accommodating that I felt secure and safe .. I am planning on staying here again in the future :D

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This small hotel on a quiet side street in Karol Bagh is wonderful. The staff is friendly, helpful and caring; the menu is full of both western and Indian food; the rooms well appointed and quite comfortable. There is wifi in the lobby area and stairs, but not in the rooms (seems pretty standard across India) and the location close to the Metro is perfect. It makes a great refuge from Delhi after a hectic day. The middle room on each floor is very small for two people but the two other rooms on each floor are spacious. They can provide pick up service from airport or train station and because they are not right on the beaten path, it's easier to pay a bit more for this service than the pre-paid taxis who can't find this place. We were very pleased and stayed there twice and will return on our next trip.

Room Tip: If you have big bags or two big people, pay a little more for the spacious "ultra-deluxe"...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

India can be a bit of a shock for westerners first up, especially New Delhi. I had stayed in Karol Bagh on previous occassions and I like the area and it facilities. So I decided to try Wood Castle this time.
What a great decision. Its location is great, 5 minutes to the metro, price is more than resonable and the hotel is spotless, friendly, welcoming and safe. Food served at dinner time was as good as many resturants in the city. That said just around the corner 5 minutes walk is the great Alpha Garden Resturant. I will be staying here again. I can also recommend Wood Castle to female travellers who may be travelling alone. You will be secure here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street offer views of daily life in the city at the price of a little noise. Many D...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I ended up staying at the Wood Castle three times during my trip to India. At first I was with friends, and then I was solo. Every time I showed up I was greeted with enthusiasm, and they remembered where I'd been and what the group's plans were.

The rooms are comfortable and very clean. There is hot water, and even electric blankets! It's quiet and friendly and safe.

I would HIGHLY recommend it.

For my budget it was a bit expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Our stay started off a little bit rocky but over all our experience at this hotel was good. The breakfast is decent, the location is great and it's not on the main road so the area is quiet. A big issue we had was that our train into Delhi arrived at 12:30am and we were traveling in a group of 4 so we specifically asked for a big car, especially because we only had 1 cell phone in the group, 1 person who spoke Hindi, and had no desire to split up at that time of the night. But of course, we find out that they sent two cars instead so we weren't initially impressed by their communication skills. And then one morning at about 6:30am, a bunch of men were yelling outside in the hall and one of them mistakenly knocked on my door and ended up waking me for no good reason. They also don't have wifi in the rooms and only in the lobby, and cell service at the hotel is limited.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BRS640
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I bet I sound like a fake reviewer, but trust me on this one. This place is so clean -- the linens are more white than at my house! There is hot water too! And they provide you slippers and 2 free water bottles! It's off the main road so it is very quiet at night. I absolutely loved this place, so much that I decided to write a review. I promised Hassan that I would. What impressed me the most is that even though my group had to leave at 530am, the staff STILL offered free breakfast and made eggs and toast for us at 5am!! And free coffee! And it's so cheap! I couldn't believe it. It's really worth the price. I would recommend this place to my own mother.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends