“Very affordable, friendly, clean & efficient” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wood Castle

Wood Castle
Ranked #13 of 705 Hotels in New Delhi
Cape Town
“Very affordable, friendly, clean & efficient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

After the chaos and general trickery that accompany India, this has to be one of the best hotels I have ever been to across the world. Rajesh and his co-managers are very friendly and warm and always willing to help. The room was in excellent condition and at less than Rs2,000 a night it was a bargain! I stayed nine nights here and if I ever head back I will definately take up Rajesh's offer to stay again. The internet is free and the food is great.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank StephenTCape

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

We stayed for one night - I echo the other reviews on here. Its nicer than many hotels in Delhi seem to be. Staff are friendly and free internet is a plus. Room quite clean, but air conditioning and fan are loud - you come to expect this in mid-range hotels. I see no reason why I would not return to this hotel if I came back to Delhi. One tip, book your own taxis (there are plenty around and the hotel will charge double the going rate).

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gone_To_India
The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

The staff at this hotel are quite friendly and welcoming. Upon arrival, I was offered a drink and friendly conversation. I was shown to a room on the 4th floor (room 303) which was facing the backside of the hotel. There was no window so it was a little claustrophobic, but this also caused it to be very quiet, which was a nice change to the hustle and bustle of outside. My room was quite dusty, the telephone was sticky and the refrigerator did not work (the outlet didn't work properly), so I had the choice of tv versus plugging my refrigerator into the tv outlet which would allow me to have cold water at my disposal (I chose the latter). I was told that the outlet was going to be fixed after I left. The hot water pressure was very poor, but I was told that it had to do with my room being on a top floor and that this was going to be fixed the day I left also (would have been nice to have though when I was there). There is no safe, no room numbers on the doors yet (on upper floors), there is a ceiling fan (that has only two setting: on or off) and there is air-conditioning (very helpful!). The hotel is working on getting things together and when I discussed my comments with management - they were very welcoming of my comments and explained that their goal is to please and so they intend to continue to build and improve. Guests were permitted to use Internet at no charge (very helpful), and it was extremely helpful that I was permitted to print out my e-ticket prior to leaving for the airport. The atmosphere in the lobby/eating area was cozy. People were always hanging around and making conversation with one another. I think this is a nice hotel to stay in for a visit to Delhi - but I think I'd want to stay on a lower floor and in a room on the street side next time.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Blitz17
woodcastledelhi, owner at Wood Castle, responded to this review, 30 April 2010
I owner Rajesh want to bring in your kind notice that the room (room no 303) in which you stayed has a window having a dimension of 8feet by 4feet behind the curtain,I am surprised to see your review saying there was no window in the room.Secondly for shower pressure and fridge complaint as per our discussion I told you at that time it will be rectified after you check out but as per your review you want it to be rectified as and when you are in the room,we can rectified at that time but we did not rectified at that time because it requires few hours and a lot of noise and disturbance in the room.But I want to thank you for your kind suggestion and sincere advice which helped us to give our guests the best.Now both the complaints has been rectified as we installed a pressure pump for bathrooms of third floor and changed the fridge socket.We do expect whenever you visit India you will give us the opportunity to serve you . Thanks Rajesh ,Wood Castle, New Delhi
Helsinki
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

Quite difficult to find this hotel, located in a small residental street. The hotel has only a small name plate next to the entrance door. The street is under constraction, big holes, no asfalt. Reception is under ground level, no elevator. There is a tiny eating area (one table with 4 chairs, so only one room can have meal at a time), room service available but need to eat on your knee in the room, computer for guest use. Room is newly redecorated, nice furnishing, comfortable bed. Aircon is a bit noisy. Fridge in room. Bathroom partly renewed. Unfortunately I saw some 1 cm size bugs running on the table in the room but they did not disturbe me, bite or so. There are 2 room categories, the one I stayed belongs to the lower. Overall, it was OK. I had dinner once, food was a bit disappointing, rice totally cold (from fridge) and dry, chicken korma was not chicken korma but something else, but it was good. The food was served in plastic dishes and were a bit dirty outside. Hotel stuff was nice.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

While searching for an affordable and decent room in New Delhi, I found very good reviews on Tripadvisor. I booked 2 nights. My girlfriend and I arrived very late as usual in Delhi, but the staff at the reception was clearly informed and received us in the nights hours very friendly. The rooms are all very spacious, new and clean with good bathroom. Wood Castle is located in Karol Bagh, at Channa Market and very near is a metrostation, ideal to discover Delhi. The people of the hotel are very friendly and helpfully. A fast internet connection is also available. You'll feel right at home, just one big family.Pick up at the airport is no problem. You can also book directly through their website www.woodcastledelhi.com. We turned back 3 times and were always received as true friends. Highly recommended! Mr Rajesh, owner of the hotel, thank you for the good reception and good luck with Wood Castle. Greetings from Belgium Annie & André

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pillendraaier
ptaling jaya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 3 days. We chose this hotel based on the fantastic reviews on tripadvisor and it lived up to it and more. Efficient staff , excellent food, clean, safe and run by a fantastic hands-on management. My partner was ill on the night we arrived and the owner and his team were concerned, on hand to assist with purchasing of medicine and to provide anything else we required. Value for money. I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a safe haven in Delhi.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rams7
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

When I visited India, I stayed here and it was awesome. The room service was great and the rooms were so clean. The food was excellent (kabab, chicken tikka etc.). The staff was great and very friendly. They also arranged site seeing programs for Taj Mahal and Delhi in general. It was very memorable I had a great time. I recommend this hotel for anyone who plans on going for a visit.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family