Wood Castle
Hotel Gulnar(New Delhi)
Hotel Cosmo(New Delhi)
  • Room Service
1,161 results
All reviewskarol baghhot waterindian breakfastmetro stationtaxi driverquiet streetclean roomsresidential areano liftfirst stophome from homereception areatrain ticketschaitravel agentgreat hospitalitybudget hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2010

This hotel is just 100meters from the train station. The area image was dirty and unsafe but this hotel was safe.
The room had a big double bed with spacious attached bath, Refrigerator, Colour television.One of the best services was internet.
Taxi with a reliable driver and running Hot & Cold water made the stay comfortable. Well, just by any chance if I would find the room unclean, I thought I could ask the staff to clean it the way I want. They cleaned it and changed the bedsheets and it felt even better. It is on the inside from the main street but the telephone operator guides 24 hours.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank seemahenna
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I stayed at the Wood Castle last week. Very clean and comfortable hotel. Decent breakfast. The hotel provides a pick service for Rs. 800 about $20 - take it. It will save you a lot of trouble trying to find the place. Quiet neighborhood which is rare in a city like Delhi.

Highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean comfortable place.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank l0vetotravel15
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This hotel gives you everything that a spoiled European needs while being in India (for the first time) - calm, cleanness, hot water and a hospitable treatment. I did not really spent much time in the hotel apart from the actual sleeping so that I can't comment on the food and hanging out in the reception.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Pavel I
Reviewed 16 May 2010

What more can I say and add to what is already mentioned below in all these other reviews. These reviews are less than a true reflection to what this newly and happily established hotel offers. Travelling to Delhi was the first time for me and my nephew, we did not know what to expect. After trawling for several weeks for a good hotel, which when travelling we stay at 4/5 star hotels, we kept coming across Woodcastle and am sure like you, we all were shocked to see that one hotel in Delhi with 100% positive reviews, we took a chance and booked there. My sister contacted the hotel prior to us arriving to ensure we had a taxi ready to collect us, which there was. Check in was easy, nice and warm welcoming. We met with Javed at the hotel who helped us sort out a taxi driver for a daily charge for sightseeing around Delhi and our trip to Agra. It was not until the evening that we met the hotel owners Rajesh and his business acquaintances that our holiday in Delhi truly began. Rajesh is truly the live and soul of the hotel and his personality reflects this. Rajesh was what made this holiday for us, he ensured that we had everything we needed and if we wanted anything more he ensured that we had this. Whilst this trip was a short stopover, I wished I could have stayed longer only because the hotel became my home. Every evening Rajesh would like everyone to enjoy a drink with him and have some snacks. It was my nephew’s birthday on the 12th and they kindly decorated his door with balloons and in the evening we enjoyed the best meal at Pirates of the Grill, highly recommended. Rajesh made the evening with his jovial mood and enlightening personality. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and like to keep in weekly contact with them via facebook and occasional phone calls. Also by emergency my family had a 1 night stopover in Delhi due to airport problems and after one phone call to Woodcastle they ensured that my family were looked after. For this I cannot thank them enough and for all their support with the flight difficulties my family were experiencing. I look very forward to the new Woodcastle West hotel opening in 2011. I have definitely decided to return to my second home in Delhi in October for a longer stay. I really miss my Woodcastle Family and cannot thank them enough for the fabulous and excellent stay I experienced. This truly is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in throughout my yearly travels and to me without a doubt this should be a 5 star hotel in Delhi only you will know after you book and experience this hotel for yourself.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank NIKKIKK77
Reviewed 8 May 2010

From the minute we walked down the stairs into the reception we were greeted by Rajesh with the biggest smile. We were checked in with no fuss and then shown to our room.

The room was perfect, the bathroom was spotless, with a shower with great flowing hot and cold water. It really was ideal - and the price was spot on.

Everyone who works there became friends within the first day, and were so respectful and helpful we were really impressed.

There was nothing that was too much effort for anyone. They could arrange drivers at the drop of a hat, for a fair price. Food was available whenever we needed it - and was delicious. It is served in the common living area downstairs, and so you get to eat it in a relaxed and informal atmosphere, where you can share your experiences with others, and get tips for the next day. We stayed up late every night talking with the staff (our new friends) and it was a real honour to spend such quality time with "real" Indian people as opposed to tourists or Indians who live abroad.

We travel a lot, and this is definitely our favourite place. We WILL be going back to Delhi - not just to visit the city, but to see Rajesh and co too.

OH! One more thing - they respect your privacy so much that nobody enters your room - not even to clean it - unless you ask them specifically. So when YOU are ready for your room to be reset, a quick word with any of the staff and it will be done with no fuss whatsoever.

The ONLY bad thing about this place is there is NOTHING wrong with it - Rajesh KEPT asking me to think of something so he could improve it - but honestly, they have a winning formula. So if you're unsure where to stay - Wood Castle, EVERY DAY! (That sounds dead cheesy, but it is TRUE!).

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple