“second time this year - fabulous!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wood Castle

Wood Castle
Ranked #13 of 701 Hotels in New Delhi
from wales
“second time this year - fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

I stayed in Woodcastle in February for 6 nights and again a week ago for 7 nights, it is simply the best affordable place to stay in Delhi. The rooms are clean and modern, there's plenty of hot water, free internet use in the reception area, lovely food, friendly staff, laundry service which is great, infact I cant fault the hotel. If you'd like your room cleaned or fresh towels you have to ask them as they wont enter your room unless you do - your privacy is paramount to them. Santos, the manager is very friendly and helpful - nothing is too much trouble. We spent many a happy evening sat in the reception area chatting and eating with the owners, they are really nice guys. They even have a tourism rep on hand - Javed, who is really great, got me better prices than I'd found online. My husband was ill during our stay, nothing to do with the hotel I might add, and the owners were brilliant - being 3 pharmacists they got him medication at no charge,even rung our room the next morning from their work to check on him and he was back to normal, amazing service! Thankyou dear friends Rajesh , CP Singh and Mr Kamal, we cant wait to come back and spend time with you again. Big hugs Richie & Andrea

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank adaviesFromWales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

I stayed at this wonderful, friendly hotel for 6 nights while in Delhi in April.
It is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best deal in Delhi: well situated near the Metro, great neighborhood (trust me, it grows on you!) and very well-priced for Delhi.

On top of which the owners are charming - very helpful, very concerned that their guests feel at home, comfortable and like one of the family. They are concerned to maintain the quality of their hotel and the quality of the experience of their guests. They succeed admirably.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Pat067
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

our trip was short and packed with places to see. logistically we went east, west and south using new delhi as our stopping point. i do not suggest just grabbing an aiport taxi to the hotel since it is hard to find when a random driver does not know the roads in the neighborhood... remember to check your email and confirm your arrival, they do offer airport pick-up.
the rooms were very clean, comfortable and just what we needed. by indian standards a 4 star hotel... if you want the carlton-ritz, as far as rooms go... stay somewhere else, then again... you'll be treated like a stranger. the key to woodcastle is their desire and commitment to help make your stay while in delhi comfortable, memorable, worry free.
i had issues with my american bank and my american cell service -nothing worked... they were very kind in helping me sort all this out.. i did have some issues in trying to call outside of india, but i think that was just something that was going on with the lines that day.
once, mr. rajesh realized i had landed there the day of my birthday he pulled out all the stops in helping me to celebrate while away from home and family. we had food coming out of the kitchen non -stop! we met his wife and son and later javed helped us organize the logistical part of our trip from delhi to jaipur to agra... they were above and beyond accommodating with the whole transaction.
we keep in touch through facebook and i have recently become friends with other hotel guests through the social network. we all enjoyed our stay, enjoyed our treatment and can't wait not only to go back to india but to see our extended family at woodcastle.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank caracol70
Tomisato, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

This hotel is just 100meters from the train station. The area image was dirty and unsafe but this hotel was safe.
The room had a big double bed with spacious attached bath, Refrigerator, Colour television.One of the best services was internet.
Taxi with a reliable driver and running Hot & Cold water made the stay comfortable. Well, just by any chance if I would find the room unclean, I thought I could ask the staff to clean it the way I want. They cleaned it and changed the bedsheets and it felt even better. It is on the inside from the main street but the telephone operator guides 24 hours.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank seemahenna
SF Bay area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

I stayed at the Wood Castle last week. Very clean and comfortable hotel. Decent breakfast. The hotel provides a pick service for Rs. 800 about $20 - take it. It will save you a lot of trouble trying to find the place. Quiet neighborhood which is rare in a city like Delhi.

Highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean comfortable place.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank l0vetotravel15
Pilsen, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

This hotel gives you everything that a spoiled European needs while being in India (for the first time) - calm, cleanness, hot water and a hospitable treatment. I did not really spent much time in the hotel apart from the actual sleeping so that I can't comment on the food and hanging out in the reception.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ircing
LEICESTER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

What more can I say and add to what is already mentioned below in all these other reviews. These reviews are less than a true reflection to what this newly and happily established hotel offers. Travelling to Delhi was the first time for me and my nephew, we did not know what to expect. After trawling for several weeks for a good hotel, which when travelling we stay at 4/5 star hotels, we kept coming across Woodcastle and am sure like you, we all were shocked to see that one hotel in Delhi with 100% positive reviews, we took a chance and booked there. My sister contacted the hotel prior to us arriving to ensure we had a taxi ready to collect us, which there was. Check in was easy, nice and warm welcoming. We met with Javed at the hotel who helped us sort out a taxi driver for a daily charge for sightseeing around Delhi and our trip to Agra. It was not until the evening that we met the hotel owners Rajesh and his business acquaintances that our holiday in Delhi truly began. Rajesh is truly the live and soul of the hotel and his personality reflects this. Rajesh was what made this holiday for us, he ensured that we had everything we needed and if we wanted anything more he ensured that we had this. Whilst this trip was a short stopover, I wished I could have stayed longer only because the hotel became my home. Every evening Rajesh would like everyone to enjoy a drink with him and have some snacks. It was my nephew’s birthday on the 12th and they kindly decorated his door with balloons and in the evening we enjoyed the best meal at Pirates of the Grill, highly recommended. Rajesh made the evening with his jovial mood and enlightening personality. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and like to keep in weekly contact with them via facebook and occasional phone calls. Also by emergency my family had a 1 night stopover in Delhi due to airport problems and after one phone call to Woodcastle they ensured that my family were looked after. For this I cannot thank them enough and for all their support with the flight difficulties my family were experiencing. I look very forward to the new Woodcastle West hotel opening in 2011. I have definitely decided to return to my second home in Delhi in October for a longer stay. I really miss my Woodcastle Family and cannot thank them enough for the fabulous and excellent stay I experienced. This truly is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in throughout my yearly travels and to me without a doubt this should be a 5 star hotel in Delhi only you will know after you book and experience this hotel for yourself.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family