“would highly recommend”

Ranked #15 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Bournemouth
“would highly recommend”
Reviewed 18 November 2010

1st time in New Delhi, stayed for 3 nights at the Wood Castle, the owner and staff could not have been more helpful, what ever help you needed they gave. The rooms are spotless, cleaned every day, clean towels, food lovely, feels like home from home.
would recommend to anyone

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bournemouthJane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Wood Castle really was one of the best experiences on my travel to India. The staff once you entered, was sitting in more of a living room than a hotel lobby, and talked to you like your family and distant relatives that you haven't seen in ages. Though we were in Delhi for only one evening, I had wanted to briefly see the India Gate, and was arranging to see it by cab.
The kind and hospitable owner, took an interest in us and decided to personally take us himself along with another friendly traveller/guest for a night sightseeing tour of India. Tell me, where in the world would you find that kind of service and hospitality?? It really made my visit to Delhi a very happy one. The comments are correct, Wood Castle is not a hotel, it is your second home in Delhi, India, and i would love to return back to it one day.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank piratemaki
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Arriving in Delhi after a long flight this place was the perfect remedy, a lovely clean hotel with fantastic staff, we were given complimentary drinks on arrival and the staff made us feel most welcome.
The location is good being a few minutes walk from the Metro station and also close to the market area of Karol Bargh. The staff again were helpful in recomending a good local restaurant that was very good value and served great food.

Breakfast was very good, I had the indian breakfast my partner the continental and both were very good.

Al in all I would be happy to recommend this hotel to anybody...

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DanLeeds1980
bangalore
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Hi,
I am Arif from Bangalore.
First of all let me thank trip advisor for providing so many frank reviews.
I stayed at wood castle with my family. I was surprised to see the level of commitment of the staff. The reshmi kabab was the best i have had in my life. I am a regular to class restaurants in bangalore but the taste provided by woodcastle beats everybody.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank affibangalore
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2010

The guys running this place were very hospitable. I had a couple drinks with them when arrived and before I left. They arranged a cab to take me to Agra and back to see the Taj, and another to tour around delhi seeing the sights.

After checking out they let me keep the room till I had to leave to catch my flight (which was vary late evening). That was just really nice of them, especially since i had spent the day touring around and was fairly tired.

I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone whose looking for an affordable place to room in Delhi. I'd also recommend you let them send a cab to pick you up from the airport. The extra $5 (compared to grabbing a prepaid taxi from the airport) is well worth it since the airport cab driver may not take you right to the hotel (i got dropped in the general area and had to make it there myself).

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank neverbee
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2010

I had booked for an accommodation and came back with an experience!
The rooms, the staff, the service and food were excellent. True to the Indian spirit of welcoming guest and to make them feel warm and comfortable is embedded in everything that Wood Castle does for you. I was there for 5 days and I observed how the staff diligently ensured the well being of every customers. Every need was met- be it day or night.
The ambiance of the room is perfect and not over indulgent; fridge, air conditioner, cable TV are provided. Bathrooms – clean and well maintained. Electrical outlets conform to international standards (no adapter required).
Common lounge and dining area provides an excellent atmosphere to indulge in a few beers and whiskey and make new friends from across the globe.
Kudos to Rajesh, Singh, Javed, Santosh and rest of the Wood castle family for making my stay a brilliant one.
I entered as a stranger and left as a friend.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Baresh
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Stayed one night at this hotel..

Positives:
Staff and owners were brilliant - very friendly, happy to help with anything, loved to have a chat and even offered us free drinks and snacks
Comfortable room including all mod cons - hot water, good TV, comfy bed and piece and quiet - just what you need to escape the chaos of Delhi
Good breakfast
Excellent value for money in delhi - £35 a night we paid.

Negatives:
Location is a bit out of the way of the traditional tourist locations.
Couldn't find the TV remote!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple