“Lovely stay in the treetops”
Review of Tree Tops

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Tree Tops
Ranked #37 of 1,086 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Nanjing, China
“Lovely stay in the treetops”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Tannie and Murad were welcoming hosts during our stay in New Delhi. Their home provided a welcome relief after a day of sightseeing in the hussle and bussle of Delhi. Tannie cooked an amazing dinner for us on one of our nights. Both of them have traveled extensively throughout India and are willing and able to pass on their recommendations for future travel. We stayed in both 'tree top' rooms during our visit and both are well equipped, clean and have a wonderful outlook onto the terrace and surrounding parks and greenery. We would thoroughly recommend Tree Tops to any visiter to New Delhi.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Tannie and Murad were very welcoming hosts. We really enjoyed the home atmosphere and the homemade breakfasts with chats around the table. Tannie and Murad have traveled all over India and the world so they are wonderful sources of advice and stories. Murad is an author of several historical books and Tannie is a cookbook author so they have lots of interesting tidbits to share. The home itself is quite beautiful with plants all over to make it feel green and airy (a rarity in Delhi!). It's a short tuk tuk ride over to Hauz Khas Village, which quickly became my favorite neighborhood in Delhi with its hip restaurants, coffee shops, boutiques and bars. The price of the rooms is very fair also. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jaisalmer
Reviewed 18 June 2013

we stayed again in treetops, because we love it! we can't imagine to stay anywhere else than at tannie and murad. it's a wonderful place. it's an oasis in a big city. calming and relaxing.
and our hosts are very helpful, lovely and interesting people, with a great knowledge.

the rooms are beautiful and clean. the whole place is very beautiful and individual. so much to see, so much to discover, and so much to learn. or to enjoy the balconies which have a lot of flowers and trees. they are very tranquil.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RenateJaisalmer
Daejeon, South Korea
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I enjoyed staying at the home of Tannie and Murad in New Delhi.It was a very comfortable room and Tannie help me with my travel plans to Agra and also helped me with transportation in seeing some of the sights in New Delhi. Tannie was always helpful with my travel plans and staying in her home was much better than staying in a hotel it added to the warmth of staying with a Indian family and made the experience of staying in India more enjoyable.
I highly recommend staying here it was delightful.
Richard J. Farrer
Iksan, Korea

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Richard F
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Yes, terrace plants, flowers, and nice furniture are all good, but after all it's the people who make or break your stay, not the amenities.

We arrived in Delhi after a 7 hour train delay, so by the time we got to the house it was close to 2am and we were exhausted. I kept Tannie posted and updated via email, and her assistant waited for us outside the house and helped to carry our luggage upstairs.
We were shown into the top room and assumed this was the room we had reserved for the price we discussed. The room was lovely and clean.

The next morning we met Tannie and Murad at breakfast, and she told us that in fact, the room we slept in was the more expensive room, and NOT the room at the lower price we reserved(with an email confirmation!) and she actually had the nerve to ask us for the higher rate! When we balked at this, she relented, and said that 'well, since there were no other guests at the house that week she will "let" us stay in that room for the lower price'. We only had two more days in India so we decided to let it go.

The other issue was that Tannie and Murad had to go out of town that afternoon, due to illness in the family. We were completely alone in the house for the remaining two nights of our stay. There were no other guests and it was very weird to be there by ourselves.
While I understand that things happen unexpectedly, we would've appreciated Tannie to alert us to the fact they would be away. Since they had train reservations and no guests booked for that week, I assume they had known about this trip somewhat in advance. Basic courtesy towards paying guests is to inform them about changes like this, as soon as they can, so the guests may re-consider plans and make changes if possible. This behavior shows neither great hospitality nor consideration, just greed.

My husband and I are independent and well traveled but come on, you're still in someone else's house in an unfamiliar city, things happen and you sometimes need assistance or need to ask something. For the very expensive rates that they charge, we felt it wasn't worth it.

Room Tip: Confirm the room rates, twice if needed.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Granada28
London
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stayed two nights here as part of a 2 week trip round northern India. Tannie and Murad make you feel like you've come home! It's in the city but far enough away from the dust and noise to make it relaxing. The apartment is beautiful, with a large terrace to relax on. Tannie and Murad are extremely knowledgeable about India and its culture, and are fascinating to talk to. Hauz Khas village is nearby and has lots of good restaurants and bars.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CrossLondon
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Tannie and Murad are wonderful hosts! They made me feel so much at home that I always returned to Tree Tops whenever I was in Delhi. I was traveling in India for 6 weeks. I've seen wonderful places and amazing hotels but staying with Tannie and Murad was one of my best experiences!
Tannie arranged tickets to Agra, organized a driver that took me on a 4 hours Delhi city tour, she also pre-booked all my transfers to the airport. When I felt sick, she even arranged a doctors appointment and went with me. She showed me how to cook a traditional Indian meal and even took me to the Country Club on a day when I had no plans.
The house is beautifully decorated with antiques. All rooms are nice and clean.
The food is excellent and at the end I even did not dine out anymore as I preferred the dinner and conversation with them.
Hauz Khas is a nice and safe neighborhood, the metro is 2 minutes walking distance only. Airport max 30 minutes by taxi.
I can really recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo