“wonderful!”

Ranked #70 of 1,061 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“wonderful!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed here 2 nights and really loved it. A bit hard for taxi drivers to find initially, but once you find it then you're good. Breakfast is good, decor is very well done yet homey, very clean, owners are so personable, kind, warm, accommodating and very welcoming. Roof has lovely garden sitting area. A lot of care is put into this place and into the guests. I will come back! Warning: don't go to ayurvedic places for kerela massage- unsanitary, reuse the oil, unskilled massage therapists, felt so disgusting to me... wasted 3600R on just over an hour... first and last time to such a place. But I digress... love Vandanas!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed here for a week and the hosts went out of their way to help, whether getting a taxi or ordering food. The room was large and comfortable, looking out to a park, but also convenient to Hauz Khas (10 min by auto rickshaw), Defence Colony (15 min) and Lodhi Gardens (20 min). It was clean and comfortable. Laundry service was quick. You feel like you're in someone's home - because you are! - but it never feels like you're imposing. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor open up to the garden/roof deck, but I was on the 2nd floor and my room h...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed at Vandana's for 5 weeks recently, and actually started feeling at home in this big busy city. To begin, the home is very comfortable, very clean, and very safe.As others have mentioned, the furnishings are indeed comfy and the entire family as well as staff were eager to make my stay pleasant. I was travelling alone and felt so looked after by Pradeep and Vandana. My computer crashed, and that day Pradeep had someone come to the house to repair it. I needed money changed, and that day Pradeep had someone come to the house and take care of it. I needed some gov forms completed and Pradeep's son took care of it. i have never experienced this level of incredible assistance in any of my travels. My spacious room looked over the grassy terrace. I has acess to a fridge and a microwave as well as plates and cups. Every morning the young men would prepare a hot breakfast just the way I requested, and even packed it for me when I needed to leave early. The house is located off the main street and is very quiet, yet it is only a 5 minute walk to catch a taxi or tuk tuk. The neighborhood is safe and centered around a small park. I was able to get to work in the central part of the city in less than 20 minutes by tuk tuk. Overall I highy recommend this B & B to singles as well as families. It was a delight to stay here.

Room Tip: The terrace rooms are excellent...private, quiet, and comfy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I spent a couple of weeks at Vandana's and I loved it. I felt so at home. My room was large and beautifully furnished. The bed was super-sized and very comfortable. Vandana and Pradeep were warm and welcoming and the two young men who work there were accommodating and very helpful. On both Dawali and Christmas Eve, when I happened to be there, Vandana and Pradeep made us, the guests, gorgeous Indian food. I felt entirely at home. I loved it there.

Room Tip: The top rooms on the roof are very private. The rooms in the main apartment are right by the living...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Barbara S
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I had a couple days in Delhi - this was an ideal place. It was well decorated, very homey, and the family that owns it are lovely people and show great hospitality. It is simple, but great if you plan to be out and about. There is an outdoor area on the top and a comfortable sitting area in the living room. The only downside is three flights of stairs and it is a bit off the beaten track so some taxis may not know where it is. But it isn't too far from the main road and taxis to major markets and sites.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jimbobka
bangalore
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed exactly 1 night: getting in late after a tiring train journey and leaving fairly early the next morning to catch a flight back home...and in just that short little while Vandana, Pradip and their crew showed us exactly why there are so many wonderful reviews of their b&b here...a lovely hot dinner even at that late hour, served with smiles and warmth, extra pillows and blankets for the kids...and a nice simple and satisfying breakfast in the morning before departure...highly recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
San Diego
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I have been staying at Vandana's Bed & Breakfast for over three years now. It is simply the best place to stay in Delhi. The rooms are immaculate and very comfortable, with dependable Wi-Fi and desk that make it easy for me to work as needed. Hosts Vandana and Pradip are welcoming and eager to provide any assistance I might require. The south Delhi location is very convenient to the city and airport, and the rooftop terrace garden is stunning--a beautiful place to sit and have my morning cup of tea.

I travel about 60-70% of the time for my work in the social development sector, and Vandana's Bed & Breakfast is the standard by which I now compare everything else. I look forward to each visit and feel as though I'm coming to stay with good friends.

Room Tip: Room #7 and 8 open out to the rooftop terrace garden--really lovely.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business