“Second Visit - Not Disappointed”

and 1 more site!
Vandana's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #71 of 1,095 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
“Second Visit - Not Disappointed”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Two years after staying here on my first trip to Delhi, I called again to arrange a stay. They were very helpful in setting up my stay, arranging for transport, advising on getting around, and ordering dinner when we ate in. The breakfast served was plenty. It has a very family atmosphere. Also seems to be the place of choice for longer-term renters in Delhi for research, so you are likely to meet interesting people. It is up on 3rd floor, so if you don't do stairs, this isn't the place. But otherwise, it works well for a Delhi visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jimbobka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Almere, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at Vandana's BnB with my family for about 4 days. Located in an unsuspecting and quiet neighborhood, this was a family house with a park right in front of it. The room was clean and tastefully decorated with everything you could ask for. Staff was very friendly. Ms. Vandana herself is an accomplished cook. In addition to the delectable Indian breakfast, we also had the pleasure of dining at her place and truly enjoyed it.

If you are looking for a homely experience in Delhi, look no further.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Prem M
rochester, ny
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at Vandana's while in India four years ago and again two months ago. I typically stay a couple of days in Delhi on my way to and from the hilly region. I have to say that Vandana's is the best guesthouse (B&B) I've stayed at - anywhere!! I have traveled to different parts of the world (Mexico, Canada, Europe) and extensively in the U.S., and I feel more comfortable at Vandana's than anywhere else. The rooms are nicely decordated and extremely clean (and that's saying a lot given my irrationally high Western standards!!). Visitors also have access to all other areas of the house - living room, dining room, which are equally as lovely. And the rooftop garden is absolutely beautiful!! For meals other than breakfast, I often ordered take out and ate in the dining room or on the roof - fantastic!! They also have wireless.. a definite benefit!

Vandana and Pradip, and their son Kush, made me feel at home and were always available and more than willing to answer questions or help with suggestions for dinner, directions, etc. I spent four days at Vandana's when I was in Delhi last (compared with only a night the first time), so I became more familiar with the family. They are truly lovely people. The staff are also very good and helpful, and they made (with Vandana's help) a wonderful breakfast and chai!! The same staff was there the last time I was in Delhi four years ago, and I was happy to see them again!! I miss all of them since returning to the U.S.!

I cannot recommend Vandana's highly enough. For me, there is nowhere else to stay when I'm in Delhi. I only wish she would come to New York and open a B&B!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank denise s
Croydon, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have been staying at Vandana's quite a few times over the past 6 years and each time has been a very comfortable, homely experience. Now I feel part of the family. Location is excellent with lots of greenery around, rooms are very good, staff are very helpful, security and cleanliness is very good and the breakfasts are substantial and tasty. As hosts, Vandana and Pradip are warm and friendly and make sure that one has no hassles and have even helped organise car bookings when needed. It remains my first choice on every trip back to Delhi!!

Room Tip: For total privacy, the rooftop rooms are ideal, while 1st floor rooms are great if you are with kids...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Patna, India
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Vandana's is such a lovely find in the midst of busy Delhi! My husband and I absolutely love it. The property is beautiful and well maintained. They have a great rooftop garden that is the perfect place to spend the mornings and evenings. Breakfast is tasty. And, Vandana and Pradeep are wonderful people. We spent nearly a month there when our first daughter was born, and they were such a blessing to us! Vandana's is our go-to place for our stays in Delhi and we highly recommend it!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pune
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Vandana's family make perfect hosts for our Delhi trip.
We lived there for 4 days. The rooms are good. We took a few dinners at there and the food was very good.
The location is good, it's quite surrondings.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I recommend Vandana's based on our 3 night stay last week. We had a change of plan and needed to stay with them an extra night. They were able to accommodate our family with 2 young kids which we all appreciated. They also made our kids some pasta following a late night arrival. Many thanks!

• Stayed January 2014