“Family with gluten free diet”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Scarlette New Delhi
Ranked #31 of 1,146 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at Scarlette for a short trip from Mumbai for three nights. We are Germans with two kids and one needs a strict gluten free diet because of a Coeliac disease. So, it is always a bit complicated with traveling. The rooms are wonderful, clean and cosy. You have some luxury things, like wonderful soap and good bed-linens. The breakfast is gorgeous and in the evening we discussed with the cook and she prepared for all of us a gluten-free meal. This was very comfortable for us.
So, many thanks to the whole crew there for this nice and pleasant stay. We will come again.

Room Tip: If you are 3 people, you can take room 3. This room has two rooms, one with a double bed and one wit...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Willibrod

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed at Scarlette during a work trip and absolutely loved it. Everyone there is extremely genuine and helpful. The guesthouse is in a very central area of town but the house itself is a bit difficult to find the first time since it's located in a residential neighborhood. This also makes it a quiet and lovely place to rest and relax. As a woman, traveling alone I felt absolutely safe and welcome to come and go as I pleased. Further, I really enjoyed getting to know the people who work there, especially since traveling for work for extended periods of time can be lonely. Mamta, Azim, Coco, Basanti- thank you all for a wonderful stay! Next time I'm in Delhi I know where I'll be staying!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank JessicaErinW
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

A place to stay if you're looking for personal touches and simple luxuries...
I made my booking through Agoda for Amarya Villa, but because of a booking system error, I was told there was no room available after I had put the payment through. Fortunately, I had also come across Scarlette in my search for a place to stay in New Delhi. Agoda was honorable in booking me into Scarlette at the rate I had been charged for my previous booking, even though Scarlette's tariffs were higher.
It was an utter delight staying at Scarlette, with Pauline, Azim, Mumta, Beshanti and Coco. The rooms were fresh and clean, extremely comfortable, with crisp white linen, homey yet elegant beadspreads and soft furnishings, and beautiful lighting. My room even had a spare single bedroom, also beautifully appointed in the same understated rustic chic. Everything required for a comfortable stay was provided, including heating and toiletries, reliable hot water, hair dryer, books and reading blankets. The only inadequacy was that the curtains in the room were far too sheer, and privacy at night was compromised. Breakfasts were lovely, taken in the sunroom annexed to the living room, which served as an informal guest lobby. The homey feel of the residence was carried through the furnishing of the common areas downstairs as one would a beautifully appointed home, down to candles and a library of books and magazines.
Service was impeccable, with taxis being called as required, and the hosts staying up late to welcome you home at night. Any query was promptly and properly addressed, from logistics to recommendations. Laundry service is available, and the dinner we had one of the nights we stayed was simple and excellent. Nothing here is overwrought, and that is a beautiful thing in a city where the onslaught of stimuli on the senses can be overwhelming. Scarlette is a sanctuary.
It is the sort of place you would relish staying in at on a rainy Delhi Winter's day.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sheilin T
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed a week at Scarlette and it's definitely the place to be in Delhi !
Well located, the guest house is very bright and decorated with a lot of taste.
Many thanks to Pauline for her welcome and the food !!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sogazzo
Reviewed 5 December 2013

When looking at hotels in Delhi, boutique hotels are rare, and we didn't want the large gltzy corporate hotels, with the big buffet dinners in the heart of the busy tourist districts that India seems to love. SO when I found this new little hotel via the world wide web, I thought I'd give it a go. It turned out to be the perfect "soft launch" for our first time in Delhi.

This four bedroomed guesthouse in an upmarket little southern suburb of Delhi, is about 20 minutes from all the mad, loud tourist areas (but it's easy to get cheap taxis, tuk tuk to most places including nearby trendy Haus khaus village). You can easily walk around the area with out being bothered and pestered by "new friends" who want to show you a really good mall ( this constantly happened to us around the more touristy areas of India gate and Connuaght place!).

The Scarlette has a lovely boutique hotel feel,and it's staff are very welcoming. Pauline the owner has impeccable taste and has done a brilliant job of using all the lovely Indian homewares to make a lovely relaxing environment. It often felt like we were realxing in our own lounge. There is free wifi everywhere, and a lovely little sun terrace).

The bedrooms are simply decorated, spacious, and spotless, and the bathrooms were really modern and lovely too. Pauline and Azim, are incredibly hepful, and are full of great Delhi tips and advice.

The food was lovely - not just lovely scrummy Indan food, there was also European on offer s too. Mamta the chef, is a quite a character as well as a v. skilled cook). My husband and I particularly liked the cake fo the day, and were astounded by her perfect lemon drizzle poppy seed cake. The breakfast was lovely and plentiful too.

We initially stayed three nights in total at the Scarlette hotel, and then changed our accommodation plans to stay here again for our final night in India as we loved it so much.
This was the perfect base for our time travelling around India, and when we returned from Agra, and Jaipur, it felt like we were coming "home".

I would have no hesitation recommending this place to others. If I ever return again, this is where I'll be staying.

Bravo Pauline, you ar e doing an amazing job!

PS - the hotel masseuse is brilliant - and great value.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 2 and 3, both were lovely. (Room 3 has a second room attached so perfect for fami...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rubyChicken
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the Scarlette. Nothing to say but worth the price! It is quiet a drive to old and new delhi but close to a metro station and the staff helps out with taxi and a driver. Airport pickup worked well!

- lovely furnitured
- helpful and charming staff
- clean and quiet
- light and spacy

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank florianschweer
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed one night at Scarlette Guest house last October, and I must say that it met more than my expectations. What a delight to come back to this quiet and lovely place after a long and tiring day, full of rickshaw honking and Delhi's stree bustle!

My room was very comfortable (the bed is awesome!) and clean. The bathroom is too, and you will feel quite at home as the room is not too overloaded with unneccessary and overwhelming decoration that you find in other Indian hotels. Pauline (the very welcoming owner of this place) explained to me that it was a deliberate choice to keep things simple but great, and I felt comfortable with only a few antiques and ancient Indian photographs hanging on the wall. As the hotel is in a quiet street in a quiet neighborhood, I really had a good sleep there.

The living room is warm and friendly, the multiple windows offer a lot of brightness. That's an ideal place to start you day with a delicious breakfast served by the always-smiling staff here, and planning your day visits, picking-up a few useful tips and advices from the staff or Pauline. Tip: there is shelves full of tourist guides and books. Some of them are slightly outdated (don't worry, monuments do not move!), but you will find great guides to visit Delhi and the region.

It's great to also have a little breaktime of Delhi by enjoying the little rooftop or a café on the terrace. Best stay in Delhi so far!!! Will come back there with my friends or family without hesitation!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends