“Awful place”

Ranked #220 of 908 Speciality Lodging in New Delhi
Sydney, Australia
“Awful place”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We spent a few nights at Livasa Inn, in February 2014. First of all the staff at reception were absolutely appalling, they were unhelpful, invasive (coming up to our room for no apparent reason), rude and made me feel uncomfortable.

The room itself was pretty nice and spacious but in retrospect, not worth the price we paid for it. When it came to checking out the staff overcharged us 2000 rupees, when we confronted them about the mistake they insisted that they were correct and insulted my intelligence. Ten minutes later, they came to our room, apologetic and gave us back half the amount owed (1000 rupees)

If you thinking about staying in Karol Bagh, New Delhi there are plenty more options available and I would recommend having a look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, ask for a room that faces the back of the building so that you don...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LaurenJM992

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Have been recommended by the people at the airport (they receive a commission by the way), went there, pay up front 3500 roupees, then get into the room check bed and found bedbuds. When we tell the hotel guy, he faked to not understand "oh there is muskito??" pfffff. Asked for refund and finally after 1 hour negociation only get a 90% refund.

Don't go there and if you do go see the room first.

In the picture we can clearly see one bedbud but there was many others plus there was baby bedbud.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ValBelec

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Rishikesh, India
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I arrived in this hotel recommended by the people at the airport. It's a really comfortable place, excellent wifi connection, air conditioning so needed in Delhi and above all, great environment. They're all very friendly and made me feel at home. Food's good too and lots of chai to enjoy!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sundaridevi
Jaipur, India
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed here for 3 days and the overall experience is good ! Firstly its location , then the rooms and the hotel staffs are all very good and polite ! the rooms are well maintained and cleaned everyday ! . apart from this the business center is very good,also the food from the in house restaurant is very delicious too. I would surely stay here again and recommend Hotel livasa to the other travelers.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank nimi_1980
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed with kids and sister booked over 1 month in advance. Was due to check in early as confirmed in email. No extra cost mentioned but when i got there staff was suprised had ti wait over 1hr and kids were very tired. The early check in I assumed that it would be in price, but ended up charging me 1000 Indian rupees extra. Stayed for 3 days. Reception staff was good the rest of the staff were terrible! They kept on coming in and out the room looking around. Expecting tips for everything. Just felt really hassled. We ordered food over the phone and he came to our room to confirm the order?... Wtf was that about. I told him If he wanted to confirm the order he could of called back on the phone to confirm it. Lol! Then they come with the order and stand there watching you until you tell them to go. Just hated it. The room was nice though it's a shame really. Hotel was nice but let down by house keeping and room service staff. Would not recommend for women without a man with them. Hotel suitable for people with men or Chaperones

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jyoti_Thakur
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Hi Dear
wow wow wow ....... the first time i came to livasa Hotel i felt im in my own house ,,,, pple are there too kind too caring .... to lovable ...... Delhi and livasa are the best Memories for me ......... the receptionist are so polite and so caring and always direct you with smile ..... i have a very prestigious memories in LIVASA Hotel .......the rooms are always clean the good smell of lemon and cleanliness are all over ..... i miss you Delhi and i Miss you Livasa ....... Thnx To the Owner Mr Hora .... God Bless you all ....

Jay Hind
LOve you all Nasim Parvin ......

Room Tip: Just drink Out and come sleep in your room safe and sound
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank NasimP
Lyon, France
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Went to see a friend leaving nearby for 5 days in march 2012. To be frank, before leaving to India, I was expecting a very few about the quality of the room, the service, the food and the cleanliness of the room. I was then very surprised to see a 24/7 very helpful staff (one of the guardian was making my day just by smiling at me).The staff is doing is doing their best to please the client. There is no exact time for the breakfast so that you can have it whenever you want. The day before leaving I went to the reception to pay my bill because I was leaving early morning next day: straight the receptionist proposed me a wake up call telling me that my usual breakfast would be serve in my room straight. I was very impressed. No bad surprise with the bill at the end. I particularly appreciated the fact that I felt like home and I was not in one of those hotels where you don't even want to call the reception if you have a question cause you know that you are annoying the receptionist. I decided not to use the housekeeping which made me feel really like home. I used it once and had a little issue on which the staff apologized straight and offered me the breakfast for one of my friend. So generally speaking this hotel has a very very good quality/price ratio. It is also very close to the station (10 minutes walking or 5 minutes - 20 rupees - with a rikshaw). They also give you informations so that you don't get ripped off.

I am going back to Delhi in two days, I will stay there for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends