“Terrible”
Review of Livasa Inn

Livasa Inn
Ranked #249 of 970 Speciality Lodging in New Delhi
Reviewed 28 July 2014

One of the worst hotels. Got this recommended at airport by makemytrip, possibly because of commissions they get. Don't pay the money before you see the room. The rooms were ugly, bugs. Receptionists try get additional money for this or that in addition to what you are supposed to pay.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Raveender K

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Upon checking in, I noticed immediately that the staff lingers around the room expecting a tip. They continually found reasons to come by the room or try to persuade me to buy beer, so I kept the door locked whenever I was in the room and felt terribly uncomfortable. As a solo female, they continuously tried to intimidate me into paying extra. One man tried very hard to get me to get in a cab with him to go to the travel agency office under the guise of giving me a free map. When I told him I wasn't interested and intended to find my way around without any tour groups, he condescendingly informed me, "this isn't America ma'am and you are a woman". The other desk agent tried to overcharge me by 1000rs for a car to rishikesh using that exact same line inferring that any other (cheaper) methods would endanger my life. Turns out the yoga ashram I was headed to could send their driver to get me for much, much less. An entire month in India and this was by far the worst experience I had as a solo female traveler. The air conditioning worked great and TV was nice, but there were bed bugs and sheets with holes. Not recommended for any reason.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Boop322
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The staff here were very friendly (although one did try a bit too hard to make us buy some beers from the bar) the rooms were decent and the location was good. Its a basic hotel but for the price I would say its a good choice for a short stay-i.e. has water security and air con.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louise F
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We spent a few nights at Livasa Inn, in February 2014. First of all the staff at reception were absolutely appalling, they were unhelpful, invasive (coming up to our room for no apparent reason), rude and made me feel uncomfortable.

The room itself was pretty nice and spacious but in retrospect, not worth the price we paid for it. When it came to checking out the staff overcharged us 2000 rupees, when we confronted them about the mistake they insisted that they were correct and insulted my intelligence. Ten minutes later, they came to our room, apologetic and gave us back half the amount owed (1000 rupees)

If you thinking about staying in Karol Bagh, New Delhi there are plenty more options available and I would recommend having a look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, ask for a room that faces the back of the building so that you don...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaurenJM992
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Have been recommended by the people at the airport (they receive a commission by the way), went there, pay up front 3500 roupees, then get into the room check bed and found bedbuds. When we tell the hotel guy, he faked to not understand "oh there is muskito??" pfffff. Asked for refund and finally after 1 hour negociation only get a 90% refund.

Don't go there and if you do go see the room first.

In the picture we can clearly see one bedbud but there was many others plus there was baby bedbud.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ValBelec
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I arrived in this hotel recommended by the people at the airport. It's a really comfortable place, excellent wifi connection, air conditioning so needed in Delhi and above all, great environment. They're all very friendly and made me feel at home. Food's good too and lots of chai to enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sundaridevi
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed here for 3 days and the overall experience is good ! Firstly its location , then the rooms and the hotel staffs are all very good and polite ! the rooms are well maintained and cleaned everyday ! . apart from this the business center is very good,also the food from the in house restaurant is very delicious too. I would surely stay here again and recommend Hotel livasa to the other travelers.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo