“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #33 of 1,061 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Mauritius
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed for 3 nights at Rockwell plaza...hotel is in excellent location, right amidst the busstling shopping areas in karol bagh...staff extremely helpful and polite...very good breakfast every morning...omelettes, toast, juice, fruits etc...hotel is very clean and well maintained....lots of restaurants, shops and all facilities nearby...metro is just 5 mins away...we were very happy with our stay and would definitely come back again...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Varsha7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gibraltar
Reviewed 1 August 2013

the best hotel in delhi .....contact naraI stayed for a week in early December 2012 and had a great time. My room was really nice, I only saw mine and the staff were really helpful, especially Narayan. I was travelling alone and the staff gave me good advice abt places to see and organised a trip for me and seemed to care about my safety. Its not the cheapest but from my experience I would rather pay more for the security and location that they offered.yn g.c. for more information

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank kiaranarayan
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I did not select this hotel, as it was part of a 9 day tour package of India booked through Caper India Tours. Although Caper I would highly recommend, this hotel I would not rate it well.

Rooms: adequate, clean, TV cable good. Inconsistent styles, as some rooms had security boxes in the rooms, some did not. The staff was helpful in assisting me. One room had a fan that blows air in the bathroom. Not a good idea. Keeps bathroom hot. Rooftop bar: Disgusting. Planned to go get a beer there, terrible. Tables dirty and full of grime. Decided to return to room and stay there. After spending 2 one-night stays there, I opted to go elsewhere. After returning for the second evening, I foolishly decided to have their breakfast. Three hours later as we were driving to Jaipur, I had an emergency. As much as I believed the hotel was not clean, I foolishly had breakfast there. I asked Caper to remove me from there for the last two evenings in New Delhi. Personally, I did not have a positive review of this hotel. Many on Trip Advisor did. You decide. As for Caper India Tours:

If ever returned to India, I would definitely deal with Caper India Tours. Contact Mumtaz Khan. Very communicative. Great price for a 9 day tour: Amritsar, New Delhi, Jaipur and Agra for less than $800 USD. Included 3-star hotels, driver, tour guides in cities, and more.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank LAM487
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed here with a group of 20people for two nights (through Djoser travel agency). Not all staff spoke English (mainly the reception) but they were all very friendly and smiley. It's always nice to come back to the hotel after a long day and feel welcome. This hotel is located near a busy market street, which is really nice if you want to go shopping or buy souvenirs. There are nice restaurants, atm's, metro and even Mc Donalds, all very close. It's less appealing at night, as many people sleep on the streets, so it might be frightening for female solo travelers to walk there late at night. I stayed on the first floor and had no problems whatsoever, however my fellow travellers who stayed on the 3rd floor had some issues with water and air-conditioning (staff fixed it the next day). There is also free wifi (lobby & 1st floor). The only downside is the rooftop terrace (not much atmosphere and only water or beer available). With regards to safety and breakfast, very hostel-like, but overall a very nice hotel for Indian standards.

Room Tip: Dont book a room on the ground floor, there is a tv in the lobby (but concierge can turn down the vo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sunflair
Reviewed 18 July 2013

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank GulaboPenny
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights, good value for money. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they arranged for a driver to take me around Delhi for the day, at a good rate.
It is the perfect location to start your trip in Delh,i as for what it is: colourful, noisy,friendly, and magical.
Would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Iara74
the Netherlands
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel a full week in march 2013; for our next visit to New Dehli we do not need to lfind another hotel,we want to go back to Rockwell Plza, for the room on the backside, first floor, for the hospitality, the breakfast, for the reception staff eg., Naryan,Stapal Rana and Rahul Negi and for the location, excellent the Karol Bag street/shops and very close to the metro.
Tineke /Jurjen, the Netherlands

Room Tip: Rooms at the backside are more quiete
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
#99 of 713 in New Delhi
Treebo Royce
#161 of 713 in New Delhi
Treebo Zion Residency
#111 of 229 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to Treebo Rockwell Plaza? Share your experiences!