“What will the full potential be like?”

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Room:
The room was awesome. It had the opulence of a true 5 star and there was no pretense about it. The room was well laid out and there was a good use of space. I was in a double room with a colleague and facilities were adequate. The ipod remote control was really good. I found the lighting system control of the room easy to use and convenient.
The few areas of improvement that I think would be appropriate to mention here was the the phone connection was awful. I had to adjust the connection of the phone wire and the phone everytime I had to make a call. Also no free internet! Anywhere in the world a decent hotel comes with free internet.

Service:
Excellent service!

Business centre:
The overall experience of the business centre was good. There were a few glitches in the sound system a couple of times. The staff at the business centre needs to be trained to respond in case there is a system fault. The service here did not match the standards by far of the hotel.

Food:
Great breakfast menu everyday for 3 days. Room service was excellent! Full marks to taste and presentation. Though the staff said that they would be back to clear the room at a particular time, it didn't happen. It was cleared when the room was made the next day.

Facilities:
I was a bit dissapointed that the swimming pool was not ready at the time. Guess it will have to be another time around.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank StolenFrog

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I booked four luxury rooms in the hotel. On arrival I had 3 employees in my room checking me in which was frantic. I asked for an extra bed for a child in one of the rooms and was promised it straight away. All rooms were given only 1 key. We came back a few hours later and no extra bed was there . I called and they told me its impossible to add an extra bed to my rooms category as it doesn't fit anywhere (rooms are small) I went down to reception and they asked me to upgrade and pay the difference . Or move to the next room . I showed them my reservation and that it noted an extra bed. And told them I would upgrade but I'm not paying the difference or packing and unpacking. That's when they somehow managed to fit an extra bed in the room. During my 2 nights there. Rooms took more that. 3 hours to be cleaned once service room sign is on. Overall terrible. Concierge is terrible too

• Stayed: November 2011
5  Thank Abdullah_AlAli
Tamir_Kobrin, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2011

I read with interest your feedback and comments. I sincerely apologize for the manner by which your concerns have been handled by my team. In the quest to exceed and cater to the needs of our guests, unfortunately, we have dropped the ball. I do hope you will give us the opportunity again of experiencing our hospitality and trust that we will ensure that proper training and learning will be the result of your feedback. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

The Leela Palace is one of those hotels that is truly 5-star for every experience. Every amenity can only be described with superlatives. Standard rooms are like suites. The bedding is fantastic. The welcome and check-in is what you would expect from a world class 5-star hotel. I have stayed in all of the top hotels in Delhi and this truly stands out.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This hotel deserves it's number one rating on this site for hotels in Delhi.
I have stayed in several hundred 5* hotels and this is one of the best.
The large rooms are sheer opulence, the bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
The air con in the room is very quiet and keeps at an even temperature.
The room even has 3 sets of curtains which allows the room to be completely dark if you so choose when sleeping.
I would recommend you have a breakfast included deal as the buffet was excellent.
The hotel is also in a great location, not to far from Connaught square, or the trendy bars of Hauz Khas village.
There is also a great bar/pub for chilling out in after a long day

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms in this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Stepneydave
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed in The Leela Palace Hotel for 5 days. Overall I'm fully satisfied with the hotel. Rooms are clean and tidy. Nice restaurants inside the hotel. The only disadvantage I've faced was the pool, that didn't work due to some construction works. I'd definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay in Delhi.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Anufrius
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Wow, I realize this is a new property, but staying here on first night and first trip to Delhi spoiled us for the other hotels. Beautiful rooms, spacious bathrooms and attentive staff. Don't miss the breakfast buffet. All they need is a club level.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I Stayed at this property on the 4th & 5th of October 2011. An Amazing property right at the heart of the city. Good Connectivity. Great food & exceptional service!

Couple of things in the room that were impressive

A fabulous welcome with in room check in
Every room has butler service
The in - room controls have been synced to an iPod (with a dock) in the room.
A small LED Screen right in front of the Tub
Plush interiors & Good Linen
I was busy working so I had a fairly simple dinner in my room. Good food in simple words.
The breakfast spread @ The Cube had a wide selection & was really good.

A worthwhile experience !

A place I would recommend for sure.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business