“excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 705 Hotels in New Delhi
Tokyo, Japan
“excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

This hotel is worthy of balancing a price.

In particular, a breakfast buffet is wonderful.
You can have fresh Vegetables and fruit.

This is very precious in India.

The stuff of this hotel is not "an Indian".
They are safe,reliable and sincere.

The location of this hotel is between a city area and an airport.
Although it is not good location, it is unrelated to noise and very quiet.

It is about 15 minutes from a nearby metro station (INA) to New Delhi Station.
From this hotel to INA,it takes 5 minutes by auto.

This hotel is more attractive than the five-star hotel south of Connaught Place, although a price is somewhat high.

Anyway,i recommend you this hotel.

Room Tip: The view from which room is also the same. The view from the room is not so good.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank duval6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

We have just arrived home from a 8 day visit in New Delhi and Agra. In New Dehli we stayed 3 nights in Leela and 4 nights in the Imperial. Both the hotels are five star properties, however Leela is by far my favourite. This is mainly due to the rooms in Leela, they are absolutely fantastic. Cant praise them enough. After being at Leela you will be dissappointed entering a room at the Imperial (cf. my review under the Imperial). The service was immaculate and so friendly. A special thanks to our female butler, the people in the club lounge, the pool guys and the trainer in the gym. The premises are outstanding all over. The only dissapointment was that since we travelled with a child below age 12 we were not allowed in the restaurants (except the Qube). We did not have this problem at the Imperial or at any other restaurant we visited during our visit.

Room Tip: Choose a club room (specially if you go with children). There you get loads of candies for the child...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank 111Fredrik
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I felt like a princess during my stay at the Leela. They greet you by name when getting out of the car upon arrival. Given a blessing upon entry and you don't even see the reception desk. You are escorted straight to your room. The room was more than spacious with a huge bathroom. Turn down service with nice cookies and treats left every night. The breakfast buffet was amazing! If you are looking for pampering and a relaxing stay, the Leela Palace is it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank TanjaF
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

For sheer opulence and gracious charm, no hotel I have ever stayed at can touch it. The Peninsula, Grosvenor House, Langham, Pierre, Nikko, Savoy, Carlton in Cannes,...none of them even come close to the Leela, New Delhi -especially in respect of the awesome attitude and elegant service displayed by the whole staff I came in contact with. Brilliant food, prepared to my precise request, and at great value.. A stunning hotel management achievement.

Room Tip: Club floors well worth the extra charge
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cadilllac
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

From the moment we arrived and were taken to our room for check-in, to our departure, employees are greeted us with 'Namaste', hands in prayer position over the heart. We truly were impressed with this gesture and will remember it forever.

Everything about the hotel is tasteful and opulent. Our room was beautiful and 'state of the art' with an iPod controlling everything (including the Internet on the Sony Flatscreen TV)or the old fashioned way, with separate remotes. Free high speed Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Freshly made cookies, candies and fruit, coffee/tea making service were replenished twice each day. Beautiful linens, goose down pillows and duvet, fine bathroom amenities, completely made us feel at home. Each floor had a butler who looked after all of our wants with grace and charm.

Although we didn't stay on a Club Floor, we did see the Club Lounges. They were truly amazing. Providing 5 different food/drink services each day might be a worthwhile package, when we return.

The outdoor swimming pool, on the top floor shouldn't be missed. It has an outstanding view in every direction.

Amazing floral arrangements throughout the 'Palace'. The designers have made this hotel a place you never want to leave.

The Qube, dining room was beautifully designed. Breakfast buffet offered outstanding choices of the highest quality.

Room service was excellent and arrived within the 25 minutes quoted. Again, top quality food.

My husband and I have stayed at some of best hotels in the world. Nothing, so far, comes close to The Leela-New Delhi. The guests happiness is foremost in EVERY employees thoughts. We were truly treated like royalty and appreciate such kindness.

Make sure to view the photos.

We will return.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Meade66
Hyderabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Room:
The room was awesome. It had the opulence of a true 5 star and there was no pretense about it. The room was well laid out and there was a good use of space. I was in a double room with a colleague and facilities were adequate. The ipod remote control was really good. I found the lighting system control of the room easy to use and convenient.
The few areas of improvement that I think would be appropriate to mention here was the the phone connection was awful. I had to adjust the connection of the phone wire and the phone everytime I had to make a call. Also no free internet! Anywhere in the world a decent hotel comes with free internet.

Service:
Excellent service!

Business centre:
The overall experience of the business centre was good. There were a few glitches in the sound system a couple of times. The staff at the business centre needs to be trained to respond in case there is a system fault. The service here did not match the standards by far of the hotel.

Food:
Great breakfast menu everyday for 3 days. Room service was excellent! Full marks to taste and presentation. Though the staff said that they would be back to clear the room at a particular time, it didn't happen. It was cleared when the room was made the next day.

Facilities:
I was a bit dissapointed that the swimming pool was not ready at the time. Guess it will have to be another time around.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank StolenFrog
Kuwait City, Kuwait
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

I booked four luxury rooms in the hotel. On arrival I had 3 employees in my room checking me in which was frantic. I asked for an extra bed for a child in one of the rooms and was promised it straight away. All rooms were given only 1 key. We came back a few hours later and no extra bed was there . I called and they told me its impossible to add an extra bed to my rooms category as it doesn't fit anywhere (rooms are small) I went down to reception and they asked me to upgrade and pay the difference . Or move to the next room . I showed them my reservation and that it noted an extra bed. And told them I would upgrade but I'm not paying the difference or packing and unpacking. That's when they somehow managed to fit an extra bed in the room. During my 2 nights there. Rooms took more that. 3 hours to be cleaned once service room sign is on. Overall terrible. Concierge is terrible too

• Stayed November 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Abdullah_AlAli
Tamir_Kobrin, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 12 November 2011
I read with interest your feedback and comments. I sincerely apologize for the manner by which your concerns have been handled by my team. In the quest to exceed and cater to the needs of our guests, unfortunately, we have dropped the ball. I do hope you will give us the opportunity again of experiencing our hospitality and trust that we will ensure that proper training and learning will be the result of your feedback. Thank you.