“What to say? Perfect!”

Ranked #1 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Zurich, Switzerland
“What to say? Perfect!”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We loved every moment of our stay at Leela Palace, New Delhi. Their airport pick-up and drop-off at the airport is second to none and the smooth transitions were very much appreciated. Once reaching the hotel, we were treated to a really fabulous traditional welcome with garlands and bindi and from then on wherever we went in the hotel the staff all knew our names and greeted us with a smile. Our Royal Club room was beautiful and completely luxurious, right up to the butler asking if he should run the bath. We thoroughly enjoyed our happy hour drinks in the Club Lounge and the snacks were delicious. There was a wonderful selection of tasty offerings throughout the day in the Club Lounge, as well as some exotic teas and jars bursting with sugar coated almonds, fruit jellies and many different coloured sweets. The décor, whilst extremely lavish, is equally tasteful. There are countless displays of beautiful fresh flowers. Breakfast in the Qube was certainly one of the best breakfast buffets we’d ever experienced. We loved the heated rooftop pool and the great views over Delhi. The picnic basket with a cold flannel, ice cold water and fruit sticks was a very thoughtful refreshing touch. For our last stop in India on this trip, Leela Palace was perfect and we’ve promised ourselves that we must do it again soon.

Room Tip: The Royal Club was a big treat with its Club Lounge and all of the wonderful offerings there.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wotwosee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 8 April 2012

From your entrance to the hotel, the staff could not be more accommodating. Friendly, welcoming with a definite expertise in customer service.

The rooms are large with extraordinarily comfortable beds....mmmmmm, sweet sleep and on top of that enormous bathrooms with fantastic soaker tubs and seperate power shower.

Would recommend the Library for cocktails (Passion Fruit & Cranberry Martini) and the Qube does an excllent breakfast (Waffles and fresh fruit).

Room Tip: So close to the Dilli Haat that it would be rude to miss this excellent opportunity to shop for Indi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Northamptonshire
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I must say I have been thinking over the last week what I should write as my feedback for this hotel; and as I sit here on the last day of my 8 week stay here I can truly say that this has been the best city hotel experience I've had in my life. For me a place is the people and that's exactly what makes the Leela Palace so special - the people. From the very initial reservation contact many months ago (Manasi has a special mention here) to all the staff I have met and come to know over these last 7 weeks, everyone has been so polite and nice. Nothing has ever seemed too much trouble and they've been so welcoming that you feel completely at peace at this hotel.

This brings me on to my next point which is that of peace and relaxation, my trip here to Delhi was for business and even when the hotel was completely at it's guest capacity you never feel the rush and noise like you would in other hotels (not only in Delhi but in most of the other 5 stars hotels located in major cities). For me this was of the upmost importance because it meant I could focus on my work and even when having lunch or coffee meetings in the lobby you are at ease.

Based on what I've already wrote this hotel would receive 5 stars in my mind, but it would be an injustice not to also mention the hotel itself which is magnificent, when you first enter the hotel upon arriving you know immediately that you are in for a very special experience (the meet and greet is a very nice touch). The art, decor, furnishes are all of the most exceptional standard and presentation. The attention to detail is flawless and the entire hotel is spotless and clean, clearly the management here have a clear grasp on the entire operation.

The gym and spa are also worth a mention, since they too exhibit a real ambience of serenity and since the gym is not open to external memberships (like other hotels) that too give a very personal feel.

On the food choice & restaurants again, exceptional. The Qube serves an excellent buffet breakfast which you should not miss (they even have a real honey comb to scrap off your fresh honey from...) and that serves food all day until 1am. Other restaurants like Jamavar (Indian) are excellent and although I did not sample the delights of the new Japaense restaurant Megu and the French/Italian restaurant Le Cirque I hear that they too are exceptional.

The Library bar has a great feel to the place and has one of the best collections of fine alcohol I've ever seen with some real rare whiskeys for the discerning connoisseurs. I myself prefer Vodka, but was pleasantly surprised to see the excellent collection that is kept in the Library (likes of Kauffman, Roberto Cavalli etc). In the evening right opposite the Library bar outside there is a very nice seating area, more 'loungey' and relaxing where I spent quite a few evenings. I would definitely advise guests to visit this area to absorb the unique experience offered.

On the top floor the rooftop pool presents another breathtaking experience with panoramic wide views of Delhi, the pool itself is presented superbly and is visually pleasing to the eye and just as nice to swim in (it's heated too). With the WiFi access at the rooftop, it became a slight guilty pleasure of mine to occasional work pool side during the day. Judging by some of the other guests there too I think they too felt the same way!

It's worth mentioning the Internet connection which in India can always be a hit and miss affair, I'm pleased to say at the Leela the Internet connection was very fast and stable. I was able to make video calls without interruptions and even during peak usage times I never had any issues.

The bedrooms are spacious (Deluxe rooms & Royal Cub rooms) and the bed is very very comfortable. You even are presented with a pillow menu in case you have special requirements there. The sleep quality you get at this hotel is brilliant. The bathrooms are exceptional and the the bath even has an inbuilt tv against the wall. In room entertainment is great with a wide choice of channels and an iPod controller (normal tv remotes are so 20th century!).

The hotel take feedback very seriously and although for a long term guest you can sometimes be overwhelmed by the survey cards you are asked to fill in, you come to understand that it is important for the continued improvement of standards and experience of the hotel. I only recall once when I had a negative comment about service in the restaurant and straight away the restaurant manager engaged with me to apologise and assure correction action. That for me is a sign of an institution that has it's house in order and that is a credit to the senior management of the hotel who are running a very slick operation here.

To summarise I will hold the experience at the Leela close to my heart and I will leave here feeling that I made the absolute best decision to stay here when presented with many options in Delhi. Having stayed at other 5 stars and visited others in Delhi I can say that this is clearly ahead of the others. I am already making plans to return to Delhi on business and I would not consider any other hotel. Moreover I'll be sure to recommend this hotel to anyone considering a stay here in Delhi.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PookeyUK
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We spend 1 night at this hotel and were overwhelmed by the staff, interior, food, rooms, bar, ambiance, etc., etc.!

A perfect experience and we can only recommend this hotel! Thank's to the whle Leela Palace team for the wonderfull stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 April 2012

“Over the top style, impeccable service, rather a Four Seasons George V meets India. Luxurious is an understatement; but it is tasteful. I took seven of my executive team to Delhi in the final stages of a joint venture we are creating. We were all pleased with the business meeting space and thoroughly enjoyed dining one night at Le Cirque (within the hotel). I adored the spa – impressively large and well laid out with excellent local and international style treatments. Just opened last year – I’d bet this place becomes the hotspot of the town. I will likely be back with my family.”

Room Tip: We were told this is the most expensive hotel ever built in India. One must like this “style” and no...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed at the Leela for a week on business, I can normally be critical but there was not one thing to complain about. Beautiful property, excellent staff, comfortable rooms and delicious food. It is pricey but for once you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Services excellent. Room was nice and comfortable. Fruit basket, chocolates and biscuits to spoil the guest. Breakfast included and full range to choose from. Airport pick up also included in rate and check-in was a breeze. Guest relation officer met me at the hotel entrance and did the check in in the comfort of the room. Newspapers of choice also provided. Location of hotel in the diplomatic enclave and security is good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business