“Best City Hotel You could imagine!!!”

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Wow!! This hotel as you would expect from the Leela brand ooozes sophistication!!

We stayed here for one night on the way back from our Honeymoon in agra.
I was actually sick for our entire stay from the previous day and needed the hotel doctor which was organised swiftly. The rooms are probably the most advanced i have stayed in, with iPad to control the room, full Jacuzzi bath and excellent room service.

Quite simply look no further if you can afford this hotel, lock it in now!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RyanP
Write a ReviewReviews (3,076)

Reviewed 24 April 2012

It is good place to dine and wine but need some more fun element to make the experience bit more dynamic to user eyes, it has the classical touch to it which is why it is attractive to NRI's and other foreign nationals, if you visit NCR, you definitely choose this as your hotel for best experience.

Room Tip: always choose the room which is near to corridor, it helps you to move swiftly for your meetup with...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I am currently staying at this lovely hotel. I travelled 32 hours to get here and it was the much needed oasis I longed for after my journey. The level of service rivals that of Hong Kong's Regent or Manila's Manila Hotel. From the moment you walk through the door you know you have been transported in time and place to a refuge for those that like the finer things in life.
I woke up at 9 a.m. and went to breakfast at the hotel restaurant and found it nothing less than stunning. The design, cleanliness, staff and sumptuous buffet were not expected. I knew I was in for something different when the waiter asked me if I cared for a Latte or Cappuchino!
I walked through the beautiful garden and went in search of the Spa. I have never seen a more beautiful, clean and complete spa --- ever. I did a sauna, steam and went for a 90 massage. It had a remarkable restorative quality and convinced me I needed to stay in and drink green tea in the relaxation room. (Tibetan Masseuse named Jigme is perhaps the best I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing; ask for her by name.)
I took a nap and watched television, caught up on e-nmail and finally ordered what may very well be amongst the best pizzas I ever had.
The rooms are spacious, wet areas modern and the butler provides daily fruit and cookies.
What more could you ask for. I would recommend this to my best friend.

Room Tip: My room was selected by a travel agent; I am assuming that given it was on the third floor -- it was...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank FilsProdigue
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have had the privilege of staying in top hotel in London, New York, Dubai and Singapore. This hotel beats all the others on every level. For me though as well as the food, the service was amazing, nothing was ever too much & yet it wasn't over the top- just perfection. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sara k
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I travel to Delhi quite often, this is by far the best hotel! The hotel has redefined luxury!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Best hotel you will ever stay in and a joy to come back to after a day touring India. Would be thousands per night if it was in the USA or Australia. Pool is the one of the best parts of hotel. Most rates include breakfast which is first class and enought to keep you going all day

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank steveharris
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We loved every moment of our stay at Leela Palace, New Delhi. Their airport pick-up and drop-off at the airport is second to none and the smooth transitions were very much appreciated. Once reaching the hotel, we were treated to a really fabulous traditional welcome with garlands and bindi and from then on wherever we went in the hotel the staff all knew our names and greeted us with a smile. Our Royal Club room was beautiful and completely luxurious, right up to the butler asking if he should run the bath. We thoroughly enjoyed our happy hour drinks in the Club Lounge and the snacks were delicious. There was a wonderful selection of tasty offerings throughout the day in the Club Lounge, as well as some exotic teas and jars bursting with sugar coated almonds, fruit jellies and many different coloured sweets. The décor, whilst extremely lavish, is equally tasteful. There are countless displays of beautiful fresh flowers. Breakfast in the Qube was certainly one of the best breakfast buffets we’d ever experienced. We loved the heated rooftop pool and the great views over Delhi. The picnic basket with a cold flannel, ice cold water and fruit sticks was a very thoughtful refreshing touch. For our last stop in India on this trip, Leela Palace was perfect and we’ve promised ourselves that we must do it again soon.

Room Tip: The Royal Club was a big treat with its Club Lounge and all of the wonderful offerings there.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple