“Great rooms and top quality staff”

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 8 December 2012

The Leela in one of Delhi's finest hotels.

I have now stayed in the Leela on a number of occasions and have yet to be disappointed. The rooms are first rate, the service excellent and the food never disappoints.

Strongly recommended as a luxury option in Delhi, just be sure to wake up in time for breakfast.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank DevineInsp
There are newer reviews for The Leela Palace New Delhi

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Fantastic hotel, pure luxury, staff are more than helpful and service is exceptional, I don't think I opened a door during my stay. I choose to stay here after previously staying in the Leela, Goa and the hotel exceeded my expectations, even though they were set high. We were met at the station platform by a member of staff after a long train journey and whisked to the hotel in a new 7 series BMW, which was very welcome after the train! Food in the cube, for breakfast and evening meals was excellent. Rooftop infinity pool is lovely and view for sunset is excellent. We received a complimentary room upgrade and the room was great, especially the bathroom, which has a TV in the bath!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank James C
Reviewed 7 December 2012

This was my first trip to India and so I was really looking forward to seeing the hotel. From the airport pickup I could sense that we had made the right choice. The hotel is excellent, I loved the spacious room, the hotel staff were pleasant and always ready to assist. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone vising New Delhi for the first time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank mubanga c
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I visited The Leela Palace in New Delhi with my family. I can't explain what an experience we had. It was really an amazing fun. We really enjoyed a lot. Everything was perfect. The rooms were lovely and nice. The gym was also good. The service was very nice and quick. The bathroom was so beautifull. The rooms were so comfortable. We really enjoyed a lot and had very good time.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely and spacy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CoolPraveen
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We stayed there for 2 separate nights in January 2012 and we had wonderful experience. Luxurious rooms with beautiful Indian carpets. It's one of the classiest hotels we've stayed in. Very comfortable bed. It's like sleeping on a cloud! The room is not only Luxurious it was hi-tech as well. We can control the TV and check our emails using the iPod docked on our bedside. Upon opening the phone and the large screen LCD TV we were surprised to have seen a welcome message displaying on both of the units' LCD screens. The TV embedded in the mirror in the bathroom is a very nice hi-tech-like touch. The buffet breakfast is excellent as well. You can even ask the chefs to prepare a dish specially made for you. The waiters are always alert to serve you. All of the staff are nice and friendly. When we go back to viist New Delhi, we will definitely be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We arrived dirty with no reservation. The lobby was stunning and the staff at the concierge desk were polite, professional and efficient. The staff made a recommendation for an upgrade which we took and were quickly taken to our room. The room was immaculate, clean, luxurious linens and towels. The bathroom was beautiful with an nice assortment of lotions and potions, bathrobes etc. We took advantage of the club lounge and enjoyed cocktail hour in beautiful rich surroundings whilst sampling snacks and cocktails. Staff were very attentive and polite.
The roof top is stunning, very clean pool and again staff were so polite and efficient. The breakfast was beautifully presented with every choice you could wish for.
We were given a late check out the following day and after we checked out we used the club
lounge for seven hours indulging in high tea then cocktail hour again before being taken to the airport by a hotel vehicle.
This was our indulgence at the end of a three week back packing trip and it was fantastic. Likely the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I did not leave the hotel after I arrived however other friends visited nearby sights and shopping with assistance from hotel staff.

Room Tip: Take the Club room upgrade
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I have never written a negative review in my years of coming to Trip Advisor. I can hear the highway traffic very clearly throughout the night from my room. The room I am staying in has an interconnecting door to the next suite and I could hear what the occupant next door was watching on TV, and can now hear him snoring. Worst of all, there is a private function currently underway in the hotels' bar - they are playing music so loud that I can't sleep. It's Sunday, past midnight as I write this. I don't have a particularly sensitive sense of hearing.

Any one of these three glaring , preventable issues keep me from seeing this hotel as one of the 'best hotels in the world', or even 5 star. If you do choose to stay here based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews posted by other users, it may be wise to note the above concerns and request a suitable room. I will be moving tomorrow.

To be completely balanced, the fitting and fixtures are 5 star, the food is good, the staff are well trained and aim to exceed expectations.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank 342RHill
Tamir_Kobrin, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

I have read your comments with interest.

As we have never before had such complaints or problems in the hotel, I personally, went to guest rooms and suites, which are located above the Library Bar and Africa Avenue, and can gladly report to you that due to the triple glaze glass we have in all the rooms and suites, the noise is completely absent.

Moreover, there are no interconnecting rooms and suites above the Library Bar area, nor, did we have any such function on Sunday night is the hotel.

I assume, you are either mistaken with the location of the property or something else is of a concern.

Gladly contact me to better understand what and where you have stayed so we can learn and improve, if we could have done anything better, from your experience.

Tamir Kobrin