“Over The Top Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Wilmette, Illinois
“Over The Top Hotel!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed at the Leela Palace in Delhi for three days and I loved every minute of it. The staff could not be more hospitable, the rooms were opulent and comfortable and the restaurants were impeccable in service and food. I had dinner at Le Cirque, the experience was just the same or better than the one in Nyc. Beautiful Room! I really enjoyed the Japanese restaurant, the food was great and the decor was exceptional. The outdoor swimming pool on the top floor which was heated made one of my days in the cool Delhi winter. Overall a wonderful experience!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
We are thrilled to read your kind appreciation of our accommodations, restaurants and staff services. It is a pleasure to note that your experience at Le Cirque and MEGU were upto your expectations. This certainly will be shared with the team including the chefs who take pride in providing the finest gourmet experiences.

We sincerely look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back at The Leela Palace New Delhi soon.

Louis Sailer,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
uk
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We started and ended our 13 day trip to Rajasthan in Delhi. We choose Leela Palace - the rest of our hotels were much less grand - and were delighted. For the price of an average hotel in london, we had an exceptionally comfortable room, fantastic service and great breakfasts. Just a shame we could not stay longer to sample all the hotel's amenities

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms at start and end of holiday. Both were exceptional
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for choosing The Leela Palace New Delhi to be a part of your itinerary in India and for your kind compliments on our features and staff services.

We hope that you will find another opportunity to visit India and stay a little longer next time. Our beautiful outdoor spaces, exclusive spa by ESPA and rooftop heated pool with 360 degree views of Delhi await your return.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights in January. We came to India not knowing what to expect so the high level of service and quality of finishes at The Leela took us completely by surprise.
The staff went out of there way to make us feel comfortable. The food was superb and the gardens were magnificent. Fresh flowers everywhere made it even more attractive.
To top it all off, when we left and got to the airport we were met by Leela staff who handled all paperwork and check in and saw us off through customs. Such a classy personal touch is often missed at most western hotels.
This is by far the best hotel we have ever stayed in.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
It is a pleasure to read the wonderful review of your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi. We thank you for your kind endorsement of the hotel’s high quality facilities and our staff services. We especially thank you for noticing our airport team's contribution towards providing a complete service experience beyond the hotel's premises.

We hope your trip to India was all you wished for and we look forward to welcoming you as our guest the The Leela Place in the not too distant future.

With warmest regards,
london
Reviewed 2 February 2014

EXCELLENT all around. LEELA PALACE is a( seven) 7 star and it deserve to be... I really love the place inside out the building, the location , The awesome quality of food, each dish was very delicious will for sure comeback here again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank roxywads
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi and for taking a kind note of our central location in Delhi’s premier Diplomatic Enclave.

The chefs at The Lela Palace join me in thanking you for your generous praise on our food offerings and we eagerly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My experience in the leela was very nice. I was visited here with group of my friends. they had also enjoyed. The room are very clean and decorated. And the room services staff are well mannered and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sahillucknow
It is a pleasure to read the review of your recent stay with The Leela Palace New Delhi and I am glad that our accommodations and services met with your expectations.

My team and I are looking forward to welcome you and your friends back again.

With warmest regards,
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I checked in at 9 pm on 29th Jan. It was very smooth check in indeed. Sachin made sure that I was comfortable in the lobby and he took my passport and did all the formalities while I relaxed. Very nice of him.
Have no single doubt. This is a palace. Awesome place to be. Regal and a class of its own. My Room was the basic one but spacious and elegantly decorated. Nice sofa and working desk with two chairs.Bed was very comfortable. Cookies and fruits complimentary. Cordless phone at bed side. High grade tea option in the room also complimentary.
Bathroom was huge with lot of mirrors all around. Huge bathtub. Shower cubicle and WC were separate and glass walled. Large basin panel with two wash basins. It was very luxurious bathroom in all respect.
Sachin gave me late check out at 3 pm today. I was awake whole night due the party for which I stayed here. Also I checked in very late and again was having a late evening flight.I called the reception requesting one hour more and to make my check out at 4 pm instead of 3 pm. They flatly refused it. I understand the occupancy problem but still feel that I should be informed with little more respect and not so curtly.
Now at the check out there was shock for me. I was charged INR 300 for 3 hours internet use. I told the check out handling staff (Varun or Arun maybe) that I never logged in. He did not listen and insisted that I used it. I requested him that there might be some error or I can show him my browsing history on my laptop. I think he should have checked his calculation on my request. Alas he was very adamant. On top of my head for INR 300. No issue and I settled it.
I paid INR 500 tip to the concierge.
This made my whole experience of this majestic palace a little bit sour. The end was not well. You can have beautiful palace and top class fixtures and amenities but the hospitality is always judged by the service. People make all the difference.
I have stayed at Oberoi and Hyatt in India and have always admired their top class guest relation. Consistent care and respect throughout the stay where ever we have been to.
I will not return here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your time to review your recent stay with us.

While I thank you for your wonderful compliments on our features and décor, I am sorry to learn of your check-out experience. It is our constant endeavor to improve upon our services and your valuable feedback has been carefully noted. While I assume this was caused by a full house situation we will surely review requests of this nature to find a more amicable solutions for the future.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to showcase the improvements and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This hotel is quite simply stunning. From the greeting by the smartly dressed Sikh gentlemen when you arrive to the excellent array of dishes available for breakfast we had an (almost) faultless stay.

If I was being picky I would say that the gardens should be bigger and the room should be cleaned more than once a day (as it is at say the Cipriani in Venice) but otherwise I really couldn't find anything negative to say. The room was fabulous and all of the staff were amazingly courteous and friendly. The Indian restaurant Jamvar is top class.

My only gripe with the group is that we couldn't book the Leela in Kovalam (it was full) and wanted to go and use the facilities for an afternoon so we could sample them for our next visit. When we'd spent the equivalent of the debt of a small third world country at the New Delhi property (in the Spa and Restaurants) a flat "no" from the management in Kovalam wasn't really appreciated.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Glowing reviews like this serve as a great source of motivation for the team to continue delivering the finest experience to each of our guests at The Leela Palace New Delhi. My team joins me in thanking you for your kind appreciation of the overall hotel quality and food & beverage services.

As a standard all guest rooms are serviced twice daily. We have taken a careful note of your feedback on housekeeping and will certainly work towards making sure that every experience that you have with us remains magical and memorable.

I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate you in our sister hotel due to a sell out situation, but I will be pleased to personally assist with any requests in the future to ensure you would get a chance to at least experience one of our facilities in our magnificent hotels and palaces.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at The Leela Palace in the not too distant future.

With warm regards,