“Beautiful New Delhi Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Leela Palace New Delhi

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #2 of 701 Hotels in New Delhi
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Beautiful New Delhi Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Recently returned from a short 2 night stay at the Leela Palace Hotel, with my husband and 2 children. Booked 2 club rooms, which I thought were good value on the advance purchase rate. Club Rooms include a pick up from the airport and you are certainly picked up in style, as the hotel sent 2 BMW's for the 4 of us! A very nice start. While the hotel is not that far from the airport, the traffic can make it seem an awfully long way. However, the drivers are confident and new the best routes, and its a good way to catch your first glimpses of Delhi. The hotel location is not particularly central and there is not much in the local area, but that said it is not too far from anywhere, provided you time your trip right (as with any city). We had a lovely welcome at the hotel, complete with bindis and tea, and all formalities are completed downstairs before you are shown to your rooms. We had adjoining club rooms - note that if your kids are younger than ours, there are no interconnecting club rooms - I am not sure about other room types. The rooms were lovely, beautifully finished and clean and any requests for anything from housekeeping or other departments were answered instantly. I found all the staff extremely polite and helpful and they are a credit to the hotel. We organised our tour through the hotel - one slight negative is that they do not have a car that will sit more than 5, so taking a tour can mean 2 cars or having to organise a people carrier from outside the hotel. We did all manage to squish into the BMW 4x4, but it is not ideal (let alone particularly safe!). The tour guide provided was excellent. We had a lovely stay in this hotel and I have only a couple of other comments: the whole hotel was freezing! I appreciate we did not visit at a warm time of year (February) and the A/C is no doubt extremely welcome in the hot months, but it was too cold to be comfortable sometimes! My only other comment was the club lounge snacks in the evening were disappointing, especially for a country with such a wonderful variety of foods! But this is me being picky. Overall, we had a lovely stay and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank QueenMargarita
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
We are pleased to read your appreciation of our Royal club accommodations and staff services including housekeeping and the concierge. Thank you for commending our airport transfer services in our in-house comfortable and safe BMW fleet with fully trained chauffeurs and our traditional Indian welcome on arrival.

We welcome your feedback and I will work with the team to address the indicated areas for even better experience in future. You will be pleased to know that our concierge team will assist you in arranging a bigger vehicle to comfortably accommodate upwards to 4 members on your next visit.

We are eagerly looking forward to welcome you and your family to The Leela Palace New Delhi soon.

With the best regards,
Louis Sailer,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This has to be one of the top hotels in the world. Concidering I am a fanatic in rating hotels I always do my homework and spend hours choosing where to stay, only five star, and it can cost.
We where picked up at the airport at 7am in a nice new BMW with water and the most perfect nice driver. A smooth ride into Dehli and bam we were in our Royal Club Room. No waiting, no standing in lines, just up to our palace like room, showered, invited to have breakfast. What a start!! The rest of our four night stay went on just like that. We loved our room, the bed, sheets, bathroom, service twice or more daily. Water fruit, even an anniversary cake were delivered. The club floor with afternoon tea, drinks in the evening with small little nibbles, perfect. The best crew any hotel could have. Now maybe you think I own the place which is not true, but the more I think about The Leela the more I understand what an example of excellence it is.
We ate at Le Cirque one night but my favorite was The Cube both for breakfast( they taught me to try Indian dishes and I was sold for the rest of the stay. In the evening there is a very special atmosphere at The Cube and the variety and quality is outstanding. The spa very professional.
I could go on and on raving about The Leela and evrything is true and if I do not come back there one day I will miss it. I hope the entire Leela crew reads this because you should be very proud of your work you did for me and my wife. Our anniversary was pure divine, kind regards Annika o Mats

Room Tip: Go for the Royal Club
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you so much for your glowing comments. My team and I are very proud to be bestowed with such a positive and detailed review and thank you for your appreciation of every little detail. We are glad that our staff was able to perform at their highest throughout all facilities and that we were able to ensure a wonderful time at the hotel for you.

The team at The Leela Palace New Delhi sincerely thank you for sharing your feedback and I certainly look forward to welcome you and partner back again in too distant future.

Yours sincerely,
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I have just had an amazing five day stay at this hotel. What a treat ! It is immaculate, and was a wonderful retreat after sight seeing in chaotic Dehli. It is beautifully decorated,( LOVED the wonderful flower arrangements everywhere ) the club room was good value, the staff fantastic and the attention to detail superb. The highlite of our indian holiday. Sorry Oberoi!M

Room Tip: Perks from the club rooms justify extra expense
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are very pleased to read your kind comments and review. We truly appreciate your compliments and are glad that you recognize the dedication of our florist team.Our members at The Royal Club are happy to know that we met your expectations and your mention of an “Incredible Experience” is a great honor to us.

My team and I look forward to welcome you and your partner soon again.

With warmest regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel does justice to it's 5 star rating. From the second we arrived, the hotel staff were incredibly welcoming. The staff made us feel so comfortable! The location isn't very central but no other hotel in Delhi is as luxurious as this. The room was gorgeous and the bed was super comfortable. They even have a pillow menu!

The breakfast was really yummy and so was their Indian cuisine restaurant.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi. My team and I are delighted to read your kind appreciation about the hotel and your accommodations including the special touches. I am glad to note that you had a wonderful time at the hotel and our service teams at The Qube and Jamavar thank you for your patronage.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With kindest regards,
Worcestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This has to be one of the best run hotels in the world !
I cannot fault anything, the service is fantastic, the people are so friendly and the actual hotel is faultless.
I was working and my wife stayed in the hotel for the week.
Great pool terrace with a heated pool.
Highly recommend the Library bar, great team in there.
In my view the best restaurant is Le Cirque.
A hotel that you have to stay at one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
It is a pleasure to know that both of you enjoyed your stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

Thank you for your wonderful compliments on the Delhi’s only rooftop temperature-controlled swimming pool and our restaurants with well-appointed open-air seating and the staff services.

We certainly hope that you will find some time on your next visit to join your wife to experience all our facilities and amenities and we look forward to welcoming you both back to The Leela Palace in the not too distant future.

With warmest regards,
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

If staying at the Leela do try Le Cirque restaurant and ask for a table overlooking the kitchen. What a lovely well trained team. No shouting from Chefs, it all happens quietly, amazing. The steak Florentine is so good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind review and our culinary team of LE CIRQUE, New Delhi extend their appreciation for being our guests.

We hope that you return soon, to experience the many versatile open-air terraces ensconced in the Lutyen’s inspired architecture this spring that are available throughout The Leela Palace New Delhi.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

With kindest regards,
Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband travelled for business. I experienced the spa on two different occasions and it was excellent. The food was amazing at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The overall experience exceeded our expectations. The live quartet on Saturday evening was enchanting and our room had a lovely view of the garden. From the many fresh flowers to the friendly yet professional greeting each time we left and arrived, I was sad to leave after five days. The tour guide organized by the hotel was exceptional and we experienced New Delhi in a memorable way.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The title ““The best of everything at the Leela” says it all for me and my team. We are truly grateful for the glowing compliments on the overall hotel’s décor, accommodations and staff services.

I am delighted to read that your experience at our award-wining spa and the dedicated concierge team were the high notes on your stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

Departures are indeed sad however we eagerly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,