“#1 Hotel for Good Reason!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Leela Palace New Delhi

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“#1 Hotel for Good Reason!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I've just returned from a 7 day tour in India. My partner & I stayed in five different 5 star hotels in Delhi, Jaipur & Agra. The Leela Palace beat them all hands down.

Staff was friendly, efficient & beautifully turned out. The rooms were spotless, comfortable and the TV in the bath tub was especially novel. My daughter & son-in-law (who are travelling the world) met us at the Leela Palace as our guests and were made very welcome by the staff. The Door staff couldn't have been more helpful.

One downside for me was The Cirque restaurant, if you are hungry you may want to go somewhere else. I have no complaints about the food but the portions were very small & very expensive. The only other thing is the air fresheners in the hallways which were too strong & made me feel nauseous.

I would highly recommend The Leela Palace - it is now in my top 3 hotels in the world!

2 Thank Margaret S
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
It is rewarding to read this review at the top of the morning. Many thanks for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi with your family.

I am delighted that our accommodations with Delhi’s largest bathrooms and staff services were the high notes during your stay however I do take a careful note of your other observations. We welcome every feedback to be able to constantly improve upon our services and please be assured that the chef and I will have a look at his portion sizes.

We look very much forward to welcoming you and your family back again in not too distant future.

With kindest regards,
Louis Sailer,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Riga, Latvia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

It is hard to imagine that this hotel was not able to figure out the correct price and included services for 2 days by themselves.

All started with their prearrival confirmation where they confirmed correct price but were asking to pay for airport transfer which was actually included in the room rate.

I have clarified this with the organizers of my stay before the arrival and all seemed to be sorted out. The car was waiting for me and the trip was rather uneventful only if they have sprayed very strong perfume in the car, so I was forced to keep the car window open for at least 10 minutes to ventilate it out.

During the check in I was highly surprised to notice, that the hotel insisted to sign check-in form with Best available rate, and not with the preagreed corporate rate! Despite me giving the contact information for the organizers (what they certainly had), the hotel wasn't able to sort it out during 2 days and again i needed to take personal initiative and provide to them explanations and request to call the contact person so all could be sorted out finally. I guess, only that's why I was allowed to extend my check out time free of charge.

Didn't use their gym or swimming pool, room standard,WiFi not for free even in the lobby, breakfast was Ok, but surprisingly no smoked salmon available what is standard in many hotels. One can get it however, but it must be specially requested. I find it is really odd.

This hotel advertises itself as luxury, hassle free etc. Not in my experience. Will not stay there: simple things as IT system what works and reflects information correctly is a basic thing in any hotel. Apparently not in this one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kasparainens
Thank you for reaching out on Trip Advisor on your less than satisfactory experience. I have taken the liberty to reach out to you you via separate email to find out more about your experience and to better understand what would have possibly gone wrong.

General Manager.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

From the rooftop infinity pool to the luxury restaurants. It's was a real delight and discovering all the amazing bits and pieces was an adventure in itself.

If your unused to Indian luxury hotels then the level of service can be overwhelming as there are so many dutiful staff waiting on the guests at all time. But it's something you get used to quite quickly.

Amazing hotel, fantastic memories. Left with smiles will be back!

Pros:
City views

Room decor is beautiful and classic

The food at all restaurants is above par however the food at le cirque during our stay edged out the other more expensive restaurants. Breathtaking.

The deluxe rooms are great and getting the included breakfast is a must.

Service is amazing staff are really helpful and knowledgable. From post to cheap taxi summons they did everything they could do make our stay amazing.

Laundry service superb cleaned the dirtiest fav travel shirt that would have been consigned to the bin otherwise.

Fantastic wine list.

Eagles swooping on the roof while you watch with a mohito is a must.

Spa treatments phenomenal.

Cons:
Any wifi cost is a travesty, how can any hotel justify 200inr per hour?
Roof Pool was a bit scummy for a early morning swim, night pollution in Delhi I suppose.
Wagu steak covered in garlic?

Misc:
Taxi from Delhi airport to Leela palace hotel Delhi - 550 inr - arranged through hotel.

Day booking of driver in a/c car from hotel to Agra and back - unlimited stops, inc tolls and petrol. 6200inr (approx 10 rupees per mile plus tolls) - we didn't arrange through hotel. But ask they might!

Delhi by day - driver inc car and petrol and tolls 1000inr for 8 hrs - not arranged through hotel. 50inr for additional hours.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

I am thrilled to note that you found time to enjoy our rooftop pool and moreover got a chance to see the many eagles gliding in the afternoon’s jet stream surrounding the hotel. It is a pleasure to read that our award-wining spa services by ESPA and menus across our restaurants scored high on your experience.

Our concierges along with our laundry team join me in thanking you for your kind appreciation of our staff services and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

With warmest regards,
General Manager.
Udaipur, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I went to attend a conference organized by PwC at Leela Palace, stayed overnight. Found the conference hall big and ceiling high enough to give us warm feeling, good facilities and services. Tea breaks and working meals served were of high quality. I liked furniture and arrangement in the lobby. Rooms spacious and comfortable. Enjoyed dinner on the Terrace with grand City view.

Room Tip: take a round all over this grand property to feel really royal...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi and for your kind review.

We are grateful for your compliments on our banquet facilities and accommodations.

The Leela Palace New Delhi features the most luxuriously appointed function and meeting rooms in the city and is the ideal place for business.

We are glad that you were able to experience this with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Booked here thru trip advisor recommendation. Place near the embassiies .

Room was comfortable and very clean.

Spa was well appointed, only. The mirrors fooled you and I nearly walked in one.

Heave lemon grass scent in the corridors and my lungs complained such that I had to run out of the corridors into street or courtyard.

No free internet and that was for me is a big negative.

Breakfast spread very good and the bar ,so called library had excellent menu.

1 Thank roadwarrior0
We sincerely appreciate your time to review your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.
While I am glad that you enjoyed our accommodations, the experiences at our restaurant and bar along with our Spa services, I do take a serious note of other indicated areas. My apologies for the spotless mirrors and we’ll certainly ensure to review the area in question.

While Internet is unfortunately not free yet, we are pleased to offer some of the lowest choice options available.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Leela Palace New Delhi soon.

With warmest regards,
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I loved Leela Palace for so many reasons. The welcome is absolutely lovely, they ask you before they put the red powder on you and the area the hotel is in is a quiet oasis. When you walk in the lobby, the furniture is beautiful and the ceilings high which make the space look warm and welcoming. The rooms are spacious and luxurious, we chose rooms on the club level. I wish we could have used the club lounge more, we picked this based on other reviews but I have to admit that because of its hours, we hardly used it at all. I wish we would have taken a cheaper room here but this is not the hotel's issue. The service here is great, the concierge helped me before I arrived and addressed some issues we had while we were there with no hesitation, they were great. Our flight to Jaipur was cancelled and even though they did not assist with booking it, they were quick to help us in booking another flight and also extend our room stay since we had already checked out. We had breakfast in the cube every morning - it was lovely to watch the day start since the whole restaurant is glass with very little lighting. The food was good enough, not spectactular but the service was wonderful. It was too cold to use the pool but I did check it out and it was peaceful and I am sure great to use when warmer. We went to India during a cold spell! I would highly recommend this hotel. We visited others for meals and though they were also nice, we were happy with our choice and if we had it to over, I would choose Leela again.

Room Tip: If you think you will spend time in the hotel, choose a club level room but we were out sightseeing...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PinkGirlNY
Thank you some much for your kind recommendation of the hotel and it is a pleasure to read that your stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi met your expectations.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our special touches including our traditional and personalized Indian welcome on arrival. My team joins me in thanking you for commending our staff services especially at the concierge and your breakfast experience at The Qube that overlooks the plush greens and our iconic DEVI statue.

Sad to hear that you could not fully use the club lounge that offers five complimentary food & beverage presentations along with many other exclusive benefits, I sincerely hope that you will have more time on your next visit to experience all other features including a dip in our the stunning rooftop pool with 360 degree views of New Delhi.

We look forward to welcoming you again in not too distant future.

With warm regards,
Louis Sailer
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Hospitality is something you observe right from the time we step at the porch. Its a warm welcome which greets you. Having done a couple of business events here, I am assured that my clients are in good hands when hosting a meeting at this place. Food is great and the décor and setup is serene, needless to mention. Location is a huge plus point, while away from the busy roads, its still extremely well connected to all of Delhi and NCR.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Midas1977
Thank you very much for posting your kind review. Your observations on our propitious location in Delhi’s elite neighborhood and our constant desire to provide personalized yet unobtrusive staff services along the versatile food & beverage menus are greatly appreciated.

We highly appreciate your support in selecting The Leela Palace as the preferred hotel in Delhi for your guests and I look forward to the chance of meeting you upon your next return.