“An excellent hotel”

Ranked #1 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“An excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel has some of the best trained and delightful staff I have come across anywhere in the world. They are all concerned with giving their Guests the best possible experience and care deeply that you enjoy your stay at the hotel. We booked a Club room and from the moment we were met off our flight and escorted to the waiting car, until the moment we had checked our bag in on departure, the staff were exceptional. Our room was spacious, luxurious and spotlessly clean. In the Club lounge, drinks and snacks are served by personable and welcoming staff. We ate in the Indian restaurant, where once again, we experienced fantastic service but felt that the ambience and food quality did not do the hotel justice. We happened to mention this to a member of staff back in the Club lounge a little later in the evening, when asked about our dining experience. Within a few minutes, we were asked if we would spare a few minutes to have a discussion with the Executive Chef to express our thoughts about where improvements could be made . This is a testament to how much all the staff care about their Guest's experience and their concern for the reputation of the hotel. The Leela Palace was truly a 5 star experience and I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 849 which had great city views
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for the glowing feedback of your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi. We are grateful for your highest recommendation of our Royal club accommodations and its staff services.

It is our earnest endeavor to listen to our guests and improve in the indicated areas to continue delivering the best-in-class services and magical experiences. Our Executive chef joins me in thanking you for your time to share your feedback in person.

We eagerly look forward to welcoming you back soon and experience the changes made.

With best regards,
Louis Sailer,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed one night at The Leela at the beginning of our tour of the golden triangle. It is a lovely hotel, and we had a very comfortable, quiet, well furnished room. The staff were friendly and helpful. There was a mix of guests; business and tourists, which was nice as it can be somewhat disconcerting to be surrounded by suits when in holiday mode.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I am pleased to read your kind compliments on our staff services and stay with us.

Thank you for choosing us as the starting point to your golden triangle tour and I hope you had an exciting journey through India.

I look forward to welcoming you back again and hopefully for a longer time to experience our palace in all what we have to offer.

With warmest regards,
General manager
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

A 4-5+ star hotel must be compared to its peers and this one definitely is wonderful. The reception was professional and prompt, the service staff there when needed, the rooms wonderfully appointed - everything worked as it should. A true luxury hotel with one exception.
We had dinner the first two night of our stay. We ate in the two main restaurants; the rooftop and the main floor. Both were not acceptable, the food was old and tired, tiny portions at excessive prices. Dinner was else where thereafter. Breakfast on the other hand was fine; not fantastic but acceptable.
A final note: the roof bar makes a superb dry martini.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi and for your wonderful review.

While it is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our accommodations and staff services along with the dry martini at the Le Cirque bar, I am concerned to read your feedback on the presentation of the dishes and experience.

Please be assured that we have taken your notes very constructively and will put them to use in the launch of our new summer menus.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Leela Palace New Delhi in not too distant future.

Cham, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I usually stay in The Imperial when I come to Delhi, but this time opted for the Leela Palace. On the positive side the staff are excellent, efficient and friendly. The bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious, well decorated with great attention to detail, and most importantly the bed was comfortable - I had a great sleep. The breakfast was excellent and fresh juice bar was particularly good. The roof top swimming pool is nice with a modern feel, but it could have been designed to have a bit more depth.

On the negative side, the décor in the Leela can best be described as faux Indian colonial style, which may not be to everyone's taste - it layered on thickly and if you are looking for cleaner and more modern style go elsewhere. I found the position and selection of the furniture somewhat inconvenient, for example the bench at the end of the bed had pointed and sharp edges, when I got out of bed in the early morning I managed to hit my leg on the edge. The prices for the in-house restaurants and car-transfers are eye watering and make Switzerland look cheap. For example, although the Megu Japanese restaurant had excellent sushi, the price made me appreciate the fish had clocked up a lot of air miles to reach my plate. Overall an excellent hotel, with great staff and attention to detail.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Our sincere thanks for giving us the opportunity to being of service during your recent stay in Delhi and the kind review titled “First class hotel and service”.

While I am glad that our staff services, spacious accommodations and the experience at our award-wining restaurants, The Qube and MEGU met with your expectations, I do take a careful note of the other indicated areas.

We eagerly look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

With warmest regards,
General manager
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Relatively new hotel in Delhi, about 40 minutes from the airport and a little south of the city centre in the diplomatic area. Very good check in and nice first impressions of the architecture and design - a blend of classic and modern. Spacious, quiet and well appointed bedroom with very comfortable bed and choice of pillows and linens. Bathroom also spacious and well equipped with large tub (and mirror TV!), and power shower cubicle. Flat screen TV with good choice of channels, and nice modern spa, swimming pool and gym facilities. Indian, international, Japanese, French/Italian restaurants in hotel - breakfast in Qube international restaurant very good, with selection of buffet and made to order hot items. Library bar a pleasant retreat for a drink at the end of the day. Staff everywhere excellent - very helpful, courteous and friendly, and will help with all arrangements (local taxi, airport transfers, information on shopping and sightseeing). Strong spa scents in some areas which can be a problem if you have nasal allergies. Cautionary note: wireless internet only complimentary for 30 minutes a day (even that after some ‘bargaining’ with desk staff and fairly hasslesome to get it to work through the IT people), after which it’s charged at pretty high rates, which isn’t really cricket (so to speak!) at the kind of room rates you pay at the Leela Palace. Overall a very good hotel in the classic Indian tradition with modern amenities and touches, but could do better with the wireless internet (and provide it complimentary), particularly as it’s a high end and high priced Leela hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for the glowing review of your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi and your kind comments on our staff services including our dedicated concierge team.

I am glad that our luxurious accommodations with Delhi’s most spacious bathrooms were to your liking and we appreciate your endorsements of our restaurants and the Library bar.

We have taken note of your internet feedback and will most certainly review any possible causes for the imperfections during your visit.

Thank you again for commenting on your stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Leela Palace New Delhi soon.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I've just returned from a 7 day tour in India. My partner & I stayed in five different 5 star hotels in Delhi, Jaipur & Agra. The Leela Palace beat them all hands down.

Staff was friendly, efficient & beautifully turned out. The rooms were spotless, comfortable and the TV in the bath tub was especially novel. My daughter & son-in-law (who are travelling the world) met us at the Leela Palace as our guests and were made very welcome by the staff. The Door staff couldn't have been more helpful.

One downside for me was The Cirque restaurant, if you are hungry you may want to go somewhere else. I have no complaints about the food but the portions were very small & very expensive. The only other thing is the air fresheners in the hallways which were too strong & made me feel nauseous.

I would highly recommend The Leela Palace - it is now in my top 3 hotels in the world!

2 Thank Margaret S
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
It is rewarding to read this review at the top of the morning. Many thanks for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi with your family.

I am delighted that our accommodations with Delhi’s largest bathrooms and staff services were the high notes during your stay however I do take a careful note of your other observations. We welcome every feedback to be able to constantly improve upon our services and please be assured that the chef and I will have a look at his portion sizes.

We look very much forward to welcoming you and your family back again in not too distant future.

Riga, Latvia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

It is hard to imagine that this hotel was not able to figure out the correct price and included services for 2 days by themselves.

All started with their prearrival confirmation where they confirmed correct price but were asking to pay for airport transfer which was actually included in the room rate.

I have clarified this with the organizers of my stay before the arrival and all seemed to be sorted out. The car was waiting for me and the trip was rather uneventful only if they have sprayed very strong perfume in the car, so I was forced to keep the car window open for at least 10 minutes to ventilate it out.

During the check in I was highly surprised to notice, that the hotel insisted to sign check-in form with Best available rate, and not with the preagreed corporate rate! Despite me giving the contact information for the organizers (what they certainly had), the hotel wasn't able to sort it out during 2 days and again i needed to take personal initiative and provide to them explanations and request to call the contact person so all could be sorted out finally. I guess, only that's why I was allowed to extend my check out time free of charge.

Didn't use their gym or swimming pool, room standard,WiFi not for free even in the lobby, breakfast was Ok, but surprisingly no smoked salmon available what is standard in many hotels. One can get it however, but it must be specially requested. I find it is really odd.

This hotel advertises itself as luxury, hassle free etc. Not in my experience. Will not stay there: simple things as IT system what works and reflects information correctly is a basic thing in any hotel. Apparently not in this one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kasparainens
Thank you for reaching out on Trip Advisor on your less than satisfactory experience. I have taken the liberty to reach out to you you via separate email to find out more about your experience and to better understand what would have possibly gone wrong.

Yours sincerely,