“Best hotel I ever been”

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
“Best hotel I ever been”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

First of all best breakfast ever outside my kitchen , very good and friendly service , we got for free late checkout. Hotel super new and very good maintained.

All very perfect but here some points for improvement :
WiFi must be free i think
Most of people today don't use iPod , so why docking for iPod only ?
Too cold all over hotel , even in the room with ac off , cold air is coming from corridor.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rafi T
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
We are greatly thrilled to note that we fare as the ‘best hotel you have ever been to’, following your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

My team and I thank you for commending on our features and staff services.

While all our accommodations do have personalized temperature control systems, I would like to apologize if the temperature comfort level did not meet with your expectation.

While we do offer our guests the best possible internet packages until the wi-fi charges becomes free of charge, we sincerely appreciate your kind understanding.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you and your family back to The Leela Palace soon.

Louis Sailer,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 26 April 2014

There hotel location is great - not far from airport or city center . Idea for business and pleasure . the room is huge , bed is very comfortable . Full breakfast . Everything is excellent . And the best Spa in Delhi

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind review titled ‘great hotel’, I am pleased to read of your endorsement to our centralized location for business and leisure travellers alike.

My spa team is delighted with your praise and is already looking forward to weave another magical experience for you.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace in the not too distant future.

With kindest regards,
Melbourne
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We recently spent 3 nights at the Leela.
The first thing that strikes you when you arrive is the opulent reception area - stunning!
This luxurious decor extends throughout the entire hotel.
Our room was beautifully appointed, very spacious and comfortable.
The breakfast buffet more than met our needs.
The roof-top pool area is gorgeous and I had a treatment at the Spa which was great.
Security - no concerns at all.
So it ticked all the boxes - well yes but no!!

While the staff were busy being ultra-efficient and uber-courteous, for me the service style was just too rigid and too formal and consequently lacked genuine warmth. There were a few notable exceptions Arif and Sachin on the Club Floor and our driver Hari - all of whom were very professional but also welcoming and friendly. The perfect balance!

A gorgeous hotel but not quite the right fit for me.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay on the club floor - it entitles you to free hotel transfers, complimentary aftern...
1 Thank Sue M
I am very glad to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

Thank you for kind comments on the panoramic view of Delhi’s skyline at our rooftop swimming pool and your encouraging words on our luxurious accommodations and the breakfast services.

While it is our sincere endeavor to offer heartfelt service to all our guests, I have taken a careful note of your feedback and will ensure our young team’s confidence levels are raised.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

With warmest regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a lovely stay in Delhi, and upon arrival, the staff were able to ensure that we stayed in the same room for the duration of our stay even though the entirety of our stay was made with two separate bookings, which is considerate. I also like that you check in in your room; it's nice considering we arrived at 2 am.

Not much to fault with the rooms, they are the same in any Leela Palace Hotel; you can sink into the mattress and not want to get up the next day. The bathroom is the nicest I've seen in any Leela, the bath, with bath salts is lovely, as is the powerful shower, though it took a couple tries to figure out. It's a nice idea having a television in the bath, however, it isn't very effective as the TV is too high for you to view when lying down in the bath.

I did find that the service was not quite to the level I expect of the Leela. When we had afternoon tea we had to order twice, and the same thing happened multiple times; I had to ask for drinks at breakfast more than once, for drink menus when outside and sitting down, and I had to chase up drink orders after waiting for 15 minutes for 3 bottles of Kingfisher! I expect more attentive service for the price you are paying in India.

The hotel guide in the room states that the pool bar is open til 9pm, but when we went up at 6.30 we were refused service, which is disappointing.

The cars are also misleading; I asked for an airport transfer and the 'menu' of cars included a Toyota car (the cheapest), however when I went to pick-up I had a BMW, which cost a bit more. Perhaps their order system needs to be updated and that they do not have Toyota cars anymore? When I ordered my car on the final evening, they started quoting me 5000 rupees for the car when I remember menu stating 4000. They said they would 'give me at 4000 this time' but the car ordering policy prior to arrival needs to be made more clear.

Overall, a lovely stay with just a few small points; but they do not do much to take away from a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you and your family for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi and for your comments on the overall experience during your stay with us.

While I appreciate your kind compliments on our accommodations, I am greatly disheartened to read about the imperfections you have encountered with some of our services. I would like to assure that our team is disheartened for not delivering on our service promise and will do their utmost to improve in the indicated areas.

I have noted your observation regarding food & beverage services at our pool. While the pool is open from 6am till 9pm at night, food & beverage service is available from 11am till 6pm. My apologies if this was not explained properly and we'll certainly make sure to be clearer for all our guests.

We also thank you for your comment on transportation charges and have shared your observations with our external reservation department for further improvement.

I sincerely hope to welcome you and your family back to The Leela Palace New Delhi in not too distant future.

Cotswolds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Greeted by kindly, welcoming staff who remained incredibly attentive throughout our stay. Bedrooms stunning, bed has to be one of the comfiest and largest of all our travels; incredibly powerful shower and plump, fluffy towels!

Location may be in a quieter part of Dehli (Diplomatic area) but this means that you are not within easy walking distance of the 'hustle and bustle' and therefore could be anywhere in the world.

Breakfast a little disappointing - whilst ample choice of curry, pastries, yoghurts, cereals etc, the glisten of freshness was not evident though sadly the odd fly buzzing around was.... not really as classy as all other areas of the hotel appeared.

Would we stay here again, yes, if only for an incredible good night's sleep! (Give the Indian restaurant a try within this hotel ... may not be cheap, but the BEST food we had throughout our Indian experience, 5 areas, 7 hotels!)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
It is a sincere pleasure to know that our staff services and traditional Indian welcome met with your expectations.

We are happy to know that you liked our great powerful showers and of your appreciation of high quality accommodations.

As you have rightly mentioned, while we are not in the direct center of Delhi’s hustle and bustle, the prestigious diplomatic enclave is in short distance of many historical monuments and markets. Our concierge team is always at hand to provide tips for quickest access to all sights Delhi has to offer.

I am sorry about the odd intruder during breakfast. While the lush gardens at the Palace are home to many, we certainly try our best to keep them within their colorful premises.

We hope you will give us an opportunity to welcome you to The Leela Palace in the near future.

With kindest regards,
General Manager.
Madrid
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I wanted to start and finish off our trip to northern India with a little luxury. I wasn't disappointed. On arrival you are warmly greeted (as in any good Indian hotel) and check in on the two occasions took place in the room rather than the reception area.
The rooms are extremely well appointed with comfortable king size beds, good size TV and a well stocked mini bar. Bathrooms are spacious and well designed with a spa and a separate shower area.
Breakfasts were out of this world in The Qube restaurant in the garden and we also ate in La Cirque restaurant on the 10th floor - an Italian / French fusion cuisine styled restaurant. A little pricey but definitely worth it!
The roof top pool was stunning with views of India Gate to the north and the Qutab Minar to the south.
Although the most interesting thing I found at the hotel was going into the basement (as they have an ATM machine) where all the workers congregate before and after their shift and on the wall of the stairwell - you can see various posters in frames stating amongst others that a smile costs nothing - but can spread happiness to all.
And it is true each and every bellboy, cleaner, waiter, chambermaid etc had warm smiles for everyone.
We also hired an amazing driver from this hotel - after previous trips to India and other places in Asia, I have realized the importance of having a good reliable and steady driver. We met him on our second day - Yogesh Tokas and I could feel that he knew his job. He didn't get stressed in traffic and knew how to get to out of the way places. On the drop off to our next hotel in Agra, I decided to play safe and took him on for a further 4 days. His knowledge of Agra, Fatehpur Sikri and Jaipur were second to none. Thank you once again Yogesh and the Leela for making our trip just that extra bit special.

Room Tip: All rooms are extremely well appointed with good views!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi during your recent journey through India.

It’s so heartening to read the wonderful compliments on our hotel and services and we are especially pleased of your recognition of our fleet department. As you rightfully mentioned, a professional driver can make a great difference in exploring the sights and sounds of colorful India. Our team and Yogesh were delighted to be of service to you.

Thank you once again for your wonderful endorsement and we hope another trip to India is not in the too distant future.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 19 April 2014

we stayed at leela palace during our visit to new delhi. The hotel is very luxurious with amazing restaurants. The front desk staff are very friendly and the rooms are quite spacious. We liked the hotel over all although is was pricy for India hotel levels.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your kind review. We appreciate your kind patronage of our award-wining restaurants and your special commendation for our Front desk staff services. It will give me great pleasure to share this with the team.

For future visits, please take advantage of our Leela Website, which always offer great packages and special deals.

We hope to welcome you back soon.