“Nice”

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
“Nice”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

In few of words I'll complete my review ...
Rooms: nice
Food : great
Spa : good
Hospitality : good
Child care : awesome ( provided free chocolates --- toy--- baby food )

Unlike Taj here u have to tell staff what to do and when to do ... Nothing special for couple celebrating special days ... It was managed as per my guidance no innovation by them
Rest everything was well managed

Overall : 4.5/5

Stayed April 2014
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

I am glad to note that our services met with your expectations and thank you for the kind endorsement of our child services and food & beverage offerings.

Special occasions for our guests are very special to us and to avoid a standard experience we always try to seek every detail possible prior. We do regret if this has given the wrong impression.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Leela Palace New Delhi soon.

Yours sincerely,
Louis Sailer,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I travel to Delhi three to four times a year for business and I have stayed in all the 'best' hotels in Delhi (The Imperial, The Oberoi, Taj Palace) but the Leela is above and beyond the rest of them and I won't stay anywhere else now.

The service is absolutely outstanding, the staff are warm, friendly and can't do enough to help. I feel like I come home when I stay there. The food is amazing, Megu for wonderful Japanese food, Le Cirque and The Qube for a selection of Western and Indian food. The library bar is awesome and feels homely plus they do excellent cocktails!

The rooms are luxurious, spotlessly clean, well appointed with every need catered to especially in the bathroom which is huge. The tv in the bath is great, the penhalligans toiletries are great. The beds are huge, comfortable with great pillows you won't want to leave the room.

The rooftop infinity pool is stunning with a great view of Delhi and the spa is the best I have ever visited, the therapists are excellent! Highly recommended!

All in all the experience of staying at the Leela will exceed your expectations.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank luciusfogg
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful recommendation of The Leela Palace New Deli and for bestowing us such high marks among hotels in Delhi.

It is a pleasure to note your appreciation of our restaurants and bespoke accommodations with Delhi’s most luxurious bathrooms.

The team at The Leela Palace thank you for being our patron and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

new jersey
Reviewed 30 April 2014

beautiful hotel and most importantly great customer service. 4.5 stars tot he hotel as they still have some room for improvement - miss the "indian sweets" by the bedside, that they used to serve every evening!

5 stars to the one and only person I have dealt with everytime I stay there - Nancy Gujral. Great hospitality coupled by attention to detail and ensures stay is not only comfortable but absolutely delightful. Great hire by Leela Palace!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank almirch
It is a pleasure to read your kind review and I am delighted to learn of the recognition and praise for Nancy.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will surely bake some Indian sweets myself for your next visit to The Leela Palace.

Looking forward to the opportunity of meeting you personally upon your return to The Leela Palace New Delhi.

With kindest regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel only one night at the end of our trip to India, but it was a great last night in Delhi. The property itself is on a bit of a busy corner, so it doesn't have the closed in "compound" feel that the Taj Mahal Hotel did, but it is still very secure, with all cars getting checked before entering the property. The lobby is quite nice, and we were taken to our room, which was a gorgeous and clean, state of the art "business-like" room, with one exception--the bathroom was particularly gorgeous, with a tub its own separate TV and a very large shower (which, unfortunately leaked all over the bathroom floor), but hey--I am always a sucker for hotels that put effort into making bathrooms nice. We got in a bit late, but went to the rooftop pool for a dip before it closed, and were glad we did. The pool was gorgeous and the view at night was amazing. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was quite good, and had a restful sleep. Our last day in New Delhi our flight was quite late, so we arranged with the front desk to have a spa treatment and late check out. They have the right to charge for late check out (I think we checked out as late as 4 pm after our spa treatment), but they were very nice, and apparently had some vacancy and did not charge us. The spa was lovely--I wish we could have spent more time there if we weren't in a rush. We both got this very special Indian oil scalp treatment, which was very relaxing and I would recommend it as something different to try. The area around the hotel is very interesting. It is on somewhat of a busy street, and although most people wouldn't really consider Delhi much of a walking city, we wanted to walk around a little bit. We wanted to try Goan food, and it turns out that right near the hotel there are all of these buildings with relationships to different states in India. There is a Goan House within 10 minute walking distance of Leela Palace with a very good, affordable cafeteria serving Goan food, which I would recommend to anyone looking to try something a bit different. Charge for internet was really my only pet peeve with this hotel (as it was with almost all of the luxury hotels we stayed at), but I really liked this hotel overall, and would recommend it to people traveling for business or pleasure to Delhi.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed views of your recent visit at The Lela Palace New Delhi.

I am delighted to read that you got the chance to experience our rooftop pool with the panoramic city lights at night. We appreciate your kind comments on our accommodations as well as overall services and are happy to learn that you explored the local cuisines in our neighborhoods.

We thank you again for staying with us and we hope you welcome you both back again in not too distant future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Such a beautiful hotel with gracious, helpful staff. I stayed for a week on business and couldn't have been happier. The room was huge and beautiful. The staff was both ever-present and never in the way. The breakfast room had multi-story glass walls overlooking a garden. I particularly appreciated the concierge's suggestions for buying high-end saris and fabric.
And I commend the warm, helpful door staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for your glowing review of The Leela Palace New Delhi following your recent stay.

It is a pleasure to read your commendations and that your week with us was so enjoyable. My team joins me in thanking you for being our guest and we are already looking forward to your return.

With kindest regards,
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Rather an oasis of calm in fun and bustling Delhi. Service was excellent, everyone on the staff was friendly and efficient. Our room was well laid out, with a very comfy bed and all amenities, including a fine luxuriously large bathroom.
Breakfast in the Qube restaurant was excellent with great variety and service. We did not eat in the hotel (unfortunately as I think we missed out!). An evening drink in the garden was also very nice. The main bar is fine although rather quiet with no external view. Rooftop pool was very nice.
The spa was also excellent - and huge! - with very reasonable prices for a lovely massage, needed after the long trip to get here!
Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi. I am happy that you found our location an oasis in a bustling city.

I am sorry to read that you missed out on our wonderful restaurants appointed with Delhi’s finest open air dining venues including our tenth floor terrace at Le Cirque, however I am glad that you did experience the majestic views of Delhi’s skyline at our rooftop swimming pool and our award-wining spa.

Thank you for your praise on our facilities and staff services.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and hope you’ll have more time at hand to experience our vast variety of restaurants and exquisite cuisines.

Yours sincerely,
Hong Kong
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The interior of the hotel is ornate and can be ostentatious to some people, but the furnishings are all quality and tasteful. The room is spacious. I loved the in-room check-in and the individualized attention that you'd get as soon as you've arrived. You are acknowledged by every staff every time you pass by one in the hotel. The selections at breakfast was for the most part standard but I've loved the non-gluten offerings. The pool is stunning on the top floor. The concierge was friendly and helpful. Everyone was helpful, in fact, without making you feel like they are waiting for a tip. The only sad thing is that I heard the hotel is up for sale. I hope whomever takes over will keep up the good work.

Room Tip: any one will do