“Good for business travellers”

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Zambia
“Good for business travellers”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

After experiencing the gold standard for customer service (the Oberoi) the service at the Leela felt almost clinical. The staff were professional, but not warm nor did they give the sense that they would go the extra mile. The concierge, for example, often didn't pick up the phone when we called his desk and we were told by the operator a couple of times that he would tell the concierge to cal us back which he didn't.

The restaurant staff were the best and there is an amazing champagne buffet which we loved, though we had an unfortunate incident where we made an order only to be told 30 minutes later that the station we had ordered from had subsequently closed. Only after complaining did the assistant manager, who was wonderful, and the chef come to apologise.

It is the little things that spoil the whole experience, we very much got the sense that you have to be someone important for them to go the extra mile.

Compared to other business or 'big city' hotels, it is above average, the rooms are beautifully decorated, the staff professional, but I wouldn't put it at par with what I consider to be the Gold Standard of business travel, Four Seasons.

Room Tip: We loved our floor, I think it was the 7th or 8th where the suites were. We had a great view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and I am happy to read that you loved your accommodation and views they present. Naturally we are disheartened for not being able to provide a seamless experience during your time with us.

Please be assured that your comments have been duly noted and revisited with our teams.

We hope to have the opportunity of being of service to you again in the not too distant future and exceed your as well as our own standards.

Yours sincerely,
Louis Sailer,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Arrived at the Leela Palace after long flights from the US. Staff was gracious and very helpful in getting us settled. Room was large, quiet and very comfortable. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet and eating outside in the garden patio. The spa was awesome with great massage therapists.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Many thanks for recommending our luxurious accommodations and I am delighted that you found time to experience our award-wining services at ESPA along with the Delhi’s most beautiful alfresco experiences.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Leela Palace New Delhi and we look forward to seeing you both again in not too distant future.

With kindest regards,
Paris, France
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This property is well-managed and stunning. It is the only new property in the diplomatic enclave of New Delhi - a lovely, clean and safe part of the city. Staff welcome you by name from the get-go and are on-hand at all times - Louis, the General Manager, obviously has things under control. The building is full of amazing art-work, sculptures, chandeliers and the gardens are lovely. There is even a vertical garden adjacent to the rooftop swimming pool! I tested the ESPA spa and the massage I had was excellent. Rooms are lovely, the breakfast buffet ample and room service prompt. They have 3 other restaurants, including Le Cirque (same as in NYC), a Japanese restaurant and an Indian. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I particularly like the parlour rooms on the club floor - spacious junior suites with large bathroom...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
It was indeed a pleasure to have met you during your recent visit to The Leela Palace New Delhi and I am so pleased to read that we met with your expectations.

While I sincerely thank you for your personal recognition, it is my team, their dedication and big hearts that make The Leela Palace what it is today. Your kind endorsement on our services and facilities is greatly appreciated and we are already looking forward to welcome you back as our patron for another visit soon.

Kindest regards,
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 13 May 2014

It was a Dream Journey for me and my team members in Leela Place Delhi, we have enjoyed Rooms and Excellent Ball Room services for a conference ! it was truly world class & taken our brand image to the next level. I truly recommend Leela Place Delhi to any one who wants to look for a "ROYAL" hospitality.

Room Tip: all rooms are very goods
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vinit_5353
I am delighted to read that your meeting at The Leela Palace was a success. We pride ourselves on the best and most luxurious banquet & meeting facilities in the city and are happy that you and your colleagues found our exclusive banquet services to your expectations.

We hope to have the opportunity to be the host of your future gatherings and thank you for choosing
The Leela Palace to have been the venue of your choice.

With warmest regards,
Bradfield St. George, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

A hotel I found through other reviews and one in which we were not disappointed. An excellent hotel with beautiful rooms. Complimentary biscuits and fruit with the tea and coffee was a lovely touch . Very helpful and pleasant staff who are very willing to please. It was refreshing to hear the bell hop refuse a tip because it was against hotel policy. If you are satisfied with the service you can leave a gratuity in an envelope by reception when you leave. You were made to feel very much at home by the staff and there was a real warmth about the whole place. Meals were a little bit pricey but nothing was too much trouble. Food was excellent and they served one of the best breakfast buffets we have experienced in any of our trips. A hotel we are definitely going to stay in again and one I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
It is an absolute pleasure to read your very kind review following your recent stay with us at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

I must also thank you for your kind comments on my wonderful Leela team that strives very hard to deliver the finest guest experience in Delhi.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

With kindest regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I am a very frequent guest at the Leela Palace and a GHA black cardholder and have always enjoyed my stays at this beautiful property in Delhi.

As I had a late night flight, I requested a late checkout and was told I could have the room till 10 pm. Despite this, upon checkout in the evening, I was charged for an additional night's stay. A more reasonable compromise would have been a half-day charge, but clearly my loyalty as a (valuable) guest meant little to nothing to the Leela team.

I was shocked by this charge, which was unreasonable and in bad faith. I will think twice before staying at the Leela again, as customer loyalty clearly counts for very little with the hotel team.

For superior service, I would recommend The Oberoi New Delhi or The Lodhi for their spacious rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank R K
As our valued patron I am very sorry to read of your displeasure. May I take the liberty to contact you in a separate email and in the hope of getting a chance to speak with you personally.

Yours sincerely,
Newark, UK
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Lovely comfortable room and excellent staff.

The roof top pool is a real oasis with the wow factor and heated to the perfect temperature. It was great after a day exploring.

A fabulous breakfast offering which included a delicious and healthy smoothie bar. Great service, however it would be helpful if the process was explained as we found it confusing to know what to do.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi and for your kind review.

I am delighted that you got some time for yourself at our beautiful rooftop pool and for your commendation of our breakfast offering. I have noted your comment about the easing the process of orientation and will surely have our team improve upon this.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely, Louis Sailer,