“Loved The Leela Palace!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Leela Palace New Delhi

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 705 Hotels in New Delhi
Atlanta, Georgia
“Loved The Leela Palace!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Leela Palace in New Delhi. The facilities were grand to say the least, but what really left an impression was the staff and their attention to detail. The staff had this uncanny ability to make us feel welcomed and cared for. I'll never forget the kind and attentive service received from all the staff members, but in particular the service received from Chef Jolly, Chauffeur Naresha, and Bellman Yogesh! Every morning we looked forward to going down to the Cube were Chef Jolly would be waiting with delicious fresh juice. Moreover, for my birthday I received a delicious chocolate cake and red roses. Our driver Naresha said it best, “I am happy when you are happy!” Thanks, LEELA PALACE New Delhi, now we are off to the Leela in Chennai!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Happy Birthday and thank you for the very kind review you have written following you and your family’s stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

It is our sincere endeavor to ensure that all of our guests feel at home away from home and to meet and exceed their expectations. It is a pleasure to pass on your kind praise to Chef Jolly, Narendra and Yogesh and wonderful to note that our fabulous sister hotel in Chennai will also have the opportunity of your patronage as well.

We wish you a wonderful journey forward and hope to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace New Delhi in the near future.

Louis Sailer
Geenral Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently spent 3 nights at the Leela Palace on a business trip. I have traveled to Delhi a number of times and this time someone else made my hotel reservations. I was really hoping to stay at another hotel so was not too excited when I was told I was staying at the Leela - because I was not familiar with it. However, upon entering the hotel, my view totally changed and when I go back I will stay at the Leela again. It is a perfectly beautiful hotel in the finest grand luxe style - but with every possible modern amenity, as well as a totally charming staff at all levels. Great hotel for business or pleasure. Really an all around top choice. Very impressive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for your kind review and to the individual, responsible to introduce you to The Leela Palace New Delhi. Thank you.

It is a pleasure to read of your experience and we look very much forward making the palace your preferred hotel when visiting Delhi.

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Leela Palace soon.

General Manager.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I recently returned to New Delhi for a 4 day pause in my travels to rest and relax in luxury at The Leela Palace. Wonderful experience.
Superior concierge picked up my shattered IPhone on Sunday morning at my room and delivered back in three hours fully repaired while I lounged at the sky deck pool.
This is the first hotel I have given a perfect score. Enjoy.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your high endorsement of The Leela Palace New Delhi following your recent stay with us.

I am happy to read that our concierge team managed a successful turnaround for your iPhone and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Normally staying in Taj Mahal and quite happy with it (although it is a bite dated). However Leela was just so perfect. Possible one of the best hotel in India. The room is will designed, the lobby cafe is so plesent to have meetings with clients.

I don't normally like the hotel buffet breakfast but Leela's one is worth to get up earlier in the morning to have breakfast there. Love the courtyard!

There was a small incident about the power supply and not the best communication from the service desk. However the issue had been fixed very quickly and professionally. Well done!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for posting your feedback following your stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

I am thrilled to take a note of your keen recommendation of our features and services over many other hotels in Delhi.

My sincere apology for the power issue you have encountered and in our endeavor to constantly learn from each of our guests’ feedback, your comment about the service desk is well noted and addressed.

We look forward to welcoming you as our patron soon again.

Nashik, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Well i was searching for some nice hotels in Delhi and was advised by a friend to The Leela Palace.
It is really a very nice hotel. The hospitality is amazing and the staff is very good.
One of the best hotel in this area,

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MrKhan2014
I am pleased to read your review following your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi and am glad that our facilities and services met with your expectations.

A big thank you to your friend for recommending The Leela Palace New Delhi, as it is personal recommendations that are of the highest value to us.

We hope to being of service to you again in not too distant future.

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Within ten minutes of arriving at the Leela Palace, I ditched plans to see more of Delhi in order to really enjoy it. Not only was the welcome warm, but checkin was a breeze (done in-room), the room classy and exceptionally well maintained, and facilities like the rooftop pool, gardens and spa so inviting. Do not stay here for just one night, as you will definitely want to discover the wonderful delights on offer. I spent a whole day in the spa which was absolutely sublime. When using the rooftop pool, a rattan hamper was brought to me complete with complimentary freshly made lemonade, bottled water on ice, lemongrass scented little face towels (each presented rolled in a glass, atop one fresh, red rose petal), and a magazine. The service throughout the hotel has exactly the right touch. The breakfast buffet has no peer, and the staff anticipate what you might like, and will surprise you. Without doubt the best hotel I have ever stayed at. What an experience!

Room Tip: Any room. I asked for nonsmoking, and the whole floor was nonsmoking. I doubt there would be any roo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

I am delighted to read your beautifully penned experience and am so pleased to that our features and staff services were a success.

As you rightly said, one day is certainly not enough to discover the many delights we have to offer and I hope to prepare the pool basket already for your next visit.

Thanks again for your kind words and we are eagerly looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at this wonderful hotel in May 2014. This was my third stay at this hotel. Leela Palace mpresses you by the excellent service, high quality and very good atmosphere. Although it was my third stay there within a short time, I felt impressed by the very high level of service from very single member of staff I was in contact with. This time I´ll highlight these: Right from when you are welcomed at the airport, chauffeur, the housekeeping staff, the Doormen, the security staff and all others.The rooms are very nice, Royal Club service is excellent and everything is maintained to the highest standard.
The detail of art and fresh and beautiful flower decorations contribute to the very good impression of the hotel.
All restuarants are very good, I´d like to highlight Megu, the japanese restaurant. The interior of the restaurant is breathtaking, the food is excellent and there is a very nice atmosphere in the restaurant, also thanks to the very efficeint and courteous service.
I´ll look forward to be back- hopefully soon.

Room Tip: Royal Club rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am absolutely delighted to read your endorsement of The Leela palace New Delhi following your recent stay with us.

Thank you for highlighting our very special and luxurious Royal Club accommodations and for taking note of details of our palatial décor. I am happy to read that it was your third visit and Chef Saito from MEGU and the entire Palace team already look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With very special thanks,