“One of the best hotels...period!”

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights during a recent trip to India and I have to stay this is by far one of the best hotels I have stayed at anywhere. The staff works very hard to make sure everyone visiting the hotel gets a very warm welcome and is made to feel special.

The reception, restaurants, and rooms are very well designed and maintained. This truly is a palace experience. The in-room dining was excellent. A special mention to Rohan who provided wonderful service. The Spa just enhances the already wonderful experience. Whenever, I go back to India, I will definitely be staying at Leela Palace Delhi. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Anupam S
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for the generous endorsement of your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

The Palace team joins me in thanking you for kind praise of our staff services, especially that of Rohan and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Incredible India.

Louis Sailer

Write a ReviewReviews (3,034)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. We were given a lovely welcome as we arrived at the hotel. Our room was beautiful, large room and very comfortable bed. The bathroom was massive with a very big/deep bath and separate shower cubicle. The breakfast was buffet style and plenty to choose from. All the staff were very helpful and friendly. The swimming pool was on the rooftop, it was very relaxing sitting beside the pool. Would definitely return to this hotel and highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pstic

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you and your friends. I am glad to note that our accommodations with Delhi’s most spacious bathrooms met with your expectations. Our bathrooms and especially showers are unsurpassed in India and rejuvenate even the most vary traveller at any given time of the day.

Your wonderful recommendation our breakfast offerings at The Qube and the overall quality of the hotel are appreciated and we constantly strive to improve ourselves on the numerous feedback we receive form our dear patrons.

We look very much forward to your return to the Palace in not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our holiday required a Delhi based hotel and we stayed for 3 periods of 2-3 nights each time. The warm welcome on arrival and the personal identification from all the staff made us feel as if we were long lost members of the family.On arrival, the welcoming party gave the traditional forehead blessing and hung a garland around our necks before escorting us to our suite. There is no need to comment upon the actual room and hotel features as they exceeded our expectations and was not lacking in appeal or functionality befitting one of the best hotels in Delhi. . We occupied a grand de luxe suite and it was not lacking in the provision of any item you wanted or expected and should we have needed anything, our personal Butler, Thomas, was there to help.
Dining there was a wonderful experience with an absolutely extensive range of both Indian and European foods that were laid out buffet style and should you have requested anything the chef was there and did produce "tailored" breakfast requests.
Don't miss staying there if you want to feel special and have wonderful memories.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the gardens provide a more pleasant aspect.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamesdean25745
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for the choosing The Leela Palace for your recent stay in Delhi and I am happy to note that you enjoyed your time with us.

It is a pleasure to receive such heartwarming compliments and as our valued patron you are most certainly, now a member of our cherished Leela family.

The Leela Palace New Delhi and especially our culinary team at breakfast (which has an array of special breakfast dishes ready for you to taste and try), look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Thanks to a storm that took out my power connection, with no sign of recovery, I was forced to look for a hotel at 9 pm. The Leela was one of the closest to my house, and I thought I would experience the Leela for the night. So I called, unsure if I could get a hotel room at such short notice. The reservation line was very helpful - they got me a booking in 10 minutes, even at a negotiated corporate rate.

The stay experience was similarly spectacular. The rooms are beautiful - I opted for a grand deluxe room on the 2nd floor. The view was of a small garden, but what was most spectacular was the sleep - have not had such a wonderful rest in months! It was so good, in fact, that I completely missed breakfast the next morning.

The service was phenomenal overall. I had not asked for a smoking room, but the staff at check-in made arrangements to clean up a room for me at the last moment. They were even willing to accommodate my request for a late check out, which I ultimately did not end up taking.

Overall, I can see why the Leela is so highly rated - in fact, it is my highest rated hotel overall. Looking forward to the next storm so I have another reason to stay at the Leela!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank eLeCtRiKbLuEs
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for the wonderful endorsement and for choosing us as your preferred power outage getaway. I am delighted that this last minute decision turned into a success and that you got a well deserved rest. My staff joins me in thanking you for the kind comments on the overall facilities and our services.

I’ll be happy to invite you back for the missed breakfast at your convenience, as this is another experience surely not to be missed.

We are looking forward to many more reasons and opportunities to welcome you back for another stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been travelling to India for business for almost 6 years now, and the New Delhi Leela Palace at Chanakyapuri never disappoints. This admittedly is an expensive hotel, comparatively speaking, to others in New Delhi, but the services provided, property ambience, as well as attentiveness and professionalism of the staff cannot be matched in New Delhi. Although I have dined in nearly all areas of New Delhi over 6 years, the food offerings in the Leela itself are top notch and really there's only three or so other restaurants outside of the Leela that can compete. The staff itself will bend over backwards to keep you comfortable, and once a guest with the Leela its a guarantee they will remember you and your preferences the second time staying with them. When I'm away from home in New Delhi the Leela is considered my true home away from home.
Nick

Room Tip: If you can splurge for the royal club lounge package, including free happy hour, butler services, an...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicholas S

It is wonderful to read the heartwarming endorsement of The Leela Palace New Delhi’s unique features and staff services.

Thank you for being our guest and my team joins me in thanking you also for your continued patronage and the opportunity to be of service to you.

As we are launching a whole array of our new summer menu offerings across all our restaurants and bars we look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had never been to India and therefore in my research I looked for the best hotel in Delhi. I always start with American Express Fine Hotels and that is how I came to The Leela Palace. As promised as a part of my package I had someone waiting for me who took me to my BMW that drove me to the hotel in the middle of the night. I was greeted by a host of people who knew my name and welcomed me with a "lei" around my neck and a dot for my forehead...what a welcome to India!!

Then I was escorted to my room where they checked me in. I had been upgraded also as a part of my package and had goodies waiting for me. WOW! The room was gorgeous. One of the best bathrooms I have ever seen. So pretty and functional.

You can't go anywhere in the hotel without a hotel employee walking past you and saying hello and / or asking if you need anything. You absolutely do not want for anything. I had an amazing experience every morning at breakfast. I was provided such lovely service. I felt like a movie star the entire time I was there.

I hired a car through the hotel. It was a BMW - so reasonable. I had Vinod as my driver and we had a great afternoon of shopping. He made the effort to show me various things and take me to the tourist places. He even took a number of pictures for me as my phone died and emailed them to me. Just amazing.

This hotel is very very special and the price was incredibly reasonable. Same can be said about the spa. I took advantage of those services as well and it was a beautiful facility.

What a dreamy experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dianegooslin1960

Thank you for being our guest and for posting your kind review of your first India excursion and the recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

We very much appreciate your kind compliments and thank you for your recommendation of our award-wining spa services. I am happy to pass on your kind praise to Vinod and look forward to meeting you on your next visit to India.

General Manager.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Leela Palace is fantastic with wonderful rooms and very comfortable beds. I was however shocked by how much they quoted their airport taxi pick up to be. It was 25x more than the taxis you can get form the airport which are perfectly decent. Stay here but don't get a transfer!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J0ey3
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review and for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

I am very sorry to read about your displeasure in regards to airport transfer charges. Whilst the charges may not be that high, we do pride ourselves of offering the safest and most luxurious hotel fleet in the country. We seek your kind understanding for that.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back as our guest soon again.

Louis Sailer