The Leela Palace New Delhi
US$71
US$180
US$164
Priceline
The Lalit New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$138
US$108
3,184 results
All reviewsrooftop poolle cirquelibrary barqube restaurantroyal clubcube restaurantbeautiful hotelflower arrangementsindian restaurantpillow menudiplomatic enclavepure luxuryluxury hotelclub floorbreakfast buffetan oasismegu
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Any city hotel I stay at will be compared to the Leela Palace. I could almost not have asked for anything more.

Welcome: As we booked a club room we had a complimentary BMW pick up from the airport. Car had water and refresher wipes. Driver friendly and professional. Car very clean. Welcomed into the hotel with a bindi (red mark on forehead) a flower necklace we were taken directly to our room for check in formalities. No waiting at reception here :-) we were given information about the room and hotels facilities while being offered welcome drinks and having our documents scanned by a portable scanner in the comfort of our room.

Room: we booked a club room which was on the 8th floor with access to the club lounge. The room was lavishly furnished, spotless and had fresh fruit, chocolates and cookies. Tea selection was from Newby. Bathroom has separate bath, shower, double sinks and glass enclosed toilet. Bed was super comfortable. High quality thick slippers.

Club room: club room was HUGE. More like a luxury apartment. Ample couches, tables and chairs to dine or just relax. A bit disappointed with the dinner selections. There was spring rolls, vegetable soup, spicy fish pieces and a selection of desserts. By no means you would have a substantial dinner as you could in some other 5 star club lounges. Alcohol is also ordered so you cannot help yourself. No biggie for me as I'm not a big drinker anyway. Lunch on the other hand had a wide selection of canapés and nibbles and desserts which hit the spot nicely.

Staff: VERY welcoming, friendly and kind. I didn't find them overbearing, after a while it just becomes normal that everyone will greet you. Breakfast staff attentive.

Pool. Pool is on the roof with an impressive setting and views over the very green Delhi. From here you can see that the roof is a bit worn and some parts are falling off. It's also a favorite spot for pigeons. Only small water bottles were offered. No refreshing towels, drinks etc. I'm not sure if there's any bar or service offered there. I was never offered a menu and went to the pool three times. There's also a quite a few bugs in the pool but I believe they're harmless.

Food: Only ate at the Qube all day dining restaurant for breakfast buffet. Stuffed myself silly. Everything fresh, well presented and of good quality. Staff remembered previous days drink choices. Lovely view of the hotel's garden.

Would definitely stay here again. My only advice is that the hotel assist guest with transport options other than what's provided by the hotel. I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg to go to Agra and only very limited options were provided. I organized a private taxi on my own and cost a 1/3 less.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CallumZW
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you so much for the review. It is a pleasure to read your kind appreciation of our unique features and services and we appreciate your commendation on Delhi’s most spacious bathrooms.

I am delighted to note that you could sample our beautiful rooftop pool and breakfast offering at The Qube.

My team and I are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

we visit india mainly to eat great indian food, leela is one of the great. great fresh juice. also chefs are ready to make whatever you want. very nice hotel staff. while drop off to airport, hotel staff will even come to airline counter and make sure everything is ok, great service

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you very much for kind comments of your recent visit to The Leela Palace and New Delhi.

I am happy that our chefs excelled and were up to your expectations. Our team is always on hand to offer a little suggestion to explore the culinary wonders of Indian cuisine and beyond. Please ensure you try Chef Jolly’s wonderful egg-white Masala Omelette for breakfast on your next visit.

Our Leela on-site and airport team thank you for being our guests and we hope to welcome you soon to The Leela Palace New Delhi again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

It was a first stay for us at one of the Leela hotels. Got to admit it was one of the best hotels I have stayed in, the other being Shangrila. The superior management of the hotel comes through in every aspect of the hotel. The food at Qube was excellent. The ability to watch TV while relaxing in the tub was a nice touch. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The sole drawback was the wifi connectivity which comes as a paid addition. Even this was slow. A hotel of this caliber would add a feather to its cap by providing hi quality wifi as part of its regular services.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

It is a pleasure to learn that your first experience at The Leela Palace was a success and thank you for being our guest. We are happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and your comment on Wi-Fi is duly noted.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you all back for another visit to The Leela Palace soon.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I thank you all the fabulous staff at the Leela for my visit.
Despite the very annoying fact that they did not have an upgrade available, or so they say, i did enjoy the royal club very much.
The service there was outstanding and the airport check in service was exemplary and great!
The food at Megu was okay but iit cost more than the Okura in Amsterdam, which has 3 Michelin stars so 140 Euros for lunch for one and one small sake i find too much!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us at The Leela Palace New Delhi and your wonderful recommendation of the overall quality of our features and staff services from our dedicated airport team.

I am glad that you enjoyed our exclusive Royal Club services and highly appreciate your kind understanding of the upgrade not being available due to high occupancy.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Service was fantastic . Beautiful interior. Food delicious but expensive. If you can afford to stay here. Then everything would be excellent . Staff were really very good. I loved my stay..............

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ArpitAggarwal
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

It is a sincere pleasure to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

Thank you for your wonderful recommendation of our staff services and the overall quality of the hotel.

I do hope to welcome you and your friends back to the Palace soon.

With kind regards,