“First time in Delhi”

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
“First time in Delhi”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This was my first time in Delhi and I am a firm believer that 90% of the reason that our trip was so enjoyable was the Leela Palace.

Staff were incredibly gracious and helpful and were always around if we needed to book a car or store extra luggage.

The room itself was something out of a fairy tale and really did feel like a Palace. The outdoor ballroom certainly made it easy to imagine what Royalty would be like.

I would highly recommend this Palace and will always choose the Leela the next time I am im India

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be of service to you and your family during your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

I am happy to read that our team managed to make a difference in your visit to India and thank you for your kind commendation of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

With warmest regards,
Louis Sailer,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We just spent a week here and this hotel is just amazing - it is the service, the food and attention to detail that sets this place apart from all the rest.

The service is just outstanding. You could tell that working there wasnt just a job but a passion for them - they take so much pride in their hotel and want to make sure that everyone has an outstanding stay.

It is certainly one of the best, if not the best hotel we have ever stayed in - my wife cried when we left she loved it so much! We can't wait to return

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris H
It is such a pleasure to cascade your highly encouraging review amongst my team which will certainly motivate them further to continue delivering the finest experience to each of our guests.

Thank you for staying with us at The Leela Palace New Delhi and your kindest endorsement of the overall hotel facilities and staff services.

Departures from our palace are indeed equally sad, but we eagerly await your return.

With kindest regards,
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Our stay at The Leela Palace was truly incredible.

My husband and I travelled to India for our honeymoon and we stayed at The Leela for 5 nights. I booked the Royal Club room which was exceptional.

The hotel is exquisite. The lobby, restaurants, rooms, spa room - everything just exceeded our expectations.

The service was unbelievable. Staff were exceptional - always polite and seeking to ensure our stay was perfect.

The food was delicious. Breakfast was divine - so much on offer and Mr Jolly, Sous Chef, was incredibly attentive. My husband loved the Indian breakfasts Mr Jolly selected for him.

Concierge also exceeded our expectations and we're extremely helpful when we had issues with our pre-booked external drivers. Concierge sorted everything for us. Thank you!

Another staff member worthy of a mention is Mr a Kumar who assisted us at the airport on arrival and departure. He made the process so simple. Thank you!

Overall, an amazing stay and we will definitely be back to stay at The Leela Palace. I will also look to stay at other Leela hotels when we next return to India.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank dace11
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
It is a true pleasure to read your glowing review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that our exclusive Royal Club accommodations, range of food & beverage offerings and our award-wining spa met with your expectations. The entire Palace team joins me in thanking both of you for giving us this opportunity to be of service to you and for your kind praise of the same.

Chef Jolly is ready to recommend some more new dishes upon your return and we look forward seeing you at The Leela Palace New Delhi and at our sister properties soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 18 August 2014

stayed at the Royal Club Room for 1 night and it has been one remarkable experience.....starting from the complimentary transfers to the check out ...its flawless service ..absolutely top of the line...I had to chose between the Lodhi and the leela palace while making the booking and am dead sure the i made the right choice....starting from the check in ...it was smooth as ever..staff very polite and generous , all of them ...the room was splendid..had stayed at the leela goa and leela kempinski gurgaon but this is a much superior hotel than the gurgaon atleast....had a butler all day long but he was spot on with service ....theroof top pool is just devine...service at the royal club lounge was very good specially saakshi and Preeti , I must say they are truly are an asset to the leela group and am sure people like them make the stay truly special..i will personally write an appreciation mail to the general manager for the level of service they provided..exceeded the expectation ....will be staying there again and again for sure....superb job and it is by far the best luxury hotel in New delhi....highly recommended to everybody....

Room Tip: rooms are pretty much same in decor and size...but the amenities for the royal club rooms and above...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank dj031979
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you and your family for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you during your stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi and for the glowing endorsement of our features and staff services.

We are heartened by your kind compliments on our butler services and for Preeti and Saakshi, who join me in thanking you for being our guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to The Leela Palace New Delhi soon.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed at the Leela's for 2 nights this month. I must say that the hotel truly exceeded my expectations and set a benchmark for the rest of my trip. It was ideally located in terms of getting there from the airport and as well as other major places in Delhi. The highlight of the Leela's was indeed their staff - They were super courteous and quick to attend to your requirements. Place a call and they are at your door in less than a minute. Couldn't have asked for anything better...or rather on 2nd thoughts, free wi-fi would have made it the stay PERFECT!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank ShebzGeorge
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you and your friends for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi and taking a note of our centralized location.

It is a sincere endeavor to tailor-make magical moments for each of our guests’, my team joins me in thanking you for your kind commendation of our staff services.

While Wi-Fi services still remain chargeable in India, we provide our guests with the best possible packages and we thank you for your understanding of the same.

I look forward to welcoming you all to your Palace in not too distant future.

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel is a must stay in Delhi. It is such an amazing experience. From the sheer opulence,
the attentive staff, wonderful restaurants to the roof top infinity pool we could not fault a thing.
It is a short ride to Connaught Place in the Delhi traffic and the hotel taxis are reliable and well priced. After staying here I don't think I could consider anywhere else in Delhi on my next trip.

Room Tip: All room exceptional
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kay F
Thank you for your kind endorsement of our unique features and staff services following your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

I am delighted to read that you and your family found time to sample our award-wining restaurants and the Delhi’s only rooftop swimming pool with panoramic views of the city’s skyline.

My team and I eagerly look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kindest regards,
goa
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 nights and were the best 2 nights of my hotel stay ever ..The warmth of the staff,the rooms,choice of breakfast and the DETAILS..No complaints of anything..Me being in the hotel business got to learn a lot..see you soon ,LEELA

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank gilbert f
The biggest reward to our efforts is to receive such a wonderful review from a connoisseur like yourself from the industry.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you and my team and I await your return to the Palace soon.

Warm regards,