“Finally!”

Saket Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 1,144 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I am writing the review fron this lovely bed and breakfast just because I think it is so great!. Clean, that in Delhi is not an obvious thing to find. the staff is corteous and very very nice! The rooms are bright, of a simple elegance and the bathrooms are spacious and clean. The Bed and Breakfast has a common living room, breezy and kissed by sunlight. As a plus, it has a view on treetops. Highly recommended!

Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Vane73

Reviewed 27 January 2011

Saket was a wonderful b&b. After already having traveled for a few weeks before arriving in Delhi, my boyfriend and I were tired of moving from one hotel to the next. Saket was such a delightful reprieve! Rather than an impersonal hotel with generic guest rooms, Saket felt like a home. We were able to relax, which is not something you typically associate with Delhi. The staff were incredibly helpful, and the homemade breakfasts offered sliced fruit you didn't have to be afraid to eat and delicious (and new for me) masala omelettes. We actually had other friends staying at the Taj and I much preferred our choice to stay at a b&b. I would recommend all of my friends to stay at Saket!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DB111
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We had been ill prior to arriving in Delhi. There is no question that this place saved us from being disillusioned on our trip by our illness. It was a spotless, friendly, homely respite to which we could return from exploring the bustle of Delhi, get onto the reliable internet to speak with family overseas, have a friendly chat with Tapas and Anand, and make a cup of tea or coffee. Our ensuite room was huge, fresh, modern, comfortable, with a large bathroom. Everything was built with comfort to the guests in mind. Breakfast and dinner were great. The Saket metro stop was a few minutes walk away (loved the ladies' only car while my husband had to squeeze into the men's section - quite funny). Brand new metro that works great. The City Walk mall is a 5 minute auto rickshaw ride away. Like being transported to the West, with prices to match. Good food courts. Cannot recommend this B&B highly enough. Well done, Anand and Tapas and thank you for saving us!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I visited this B&B with a group of school friends while traveling in India. It was a phenomenal experience, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for cheerful, "home-style" accommodations in Delhi.

The B&B is bright, clean and very modern. The rooms feel like Indian versions of upscale New York apartments. Large common spaces are also a big plus, particularly if you are traveling with a group of people. The service was exceptionally friendly and personalized. And most importantly, the breakfasts were delicious (I highly recommend the Masala Omelet). The only downside of the B&B was finding it: It took a while to get a cab driver who knew the address.

Overall, an amazing experience and extremely recommended! I stayed at both the Taj Mahal Hotel and the Saket B&B, and I would undoubtedly book Saket for my return trips to Delhi.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Very pleasantly surprised of the quality of this hotel. Breakfast in the morning is wonderful, with many options to choose from. The staff is always ready to help you with any needs. Rooms are very clean - you actually notice the attention to detail the staff has when it comes to cleanliness. Marble floors, comfortable beds, and spacious rooms make this b&b a nice place to come back to in a city that never sleeps.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Stayed at the Saket B&B before and after New Year's Eve. It's located in an apartment builiding where 3 apartments (top floors) have been converted to a B&B. This is a bit impractical as the staff isn't on all floors, so every time you have to get in, you ring the bell and the staff has to come down/up.
The staff sleeps in the kitchen.
The place is immaculate, rooms large, good toilet facilities, etc.
Delhi in Dec./Jan. was very cold and the small heaters couldn't warm the bedrooms. Breakfast is very basic and bland.
We were promised that the owner would be contacted about finding a seamstress to sew som clothes out of purchased fabric. This was never followed up.
All in all ok at the price, but lacks charm and true friendliness.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I have had a really bad experience in Delhi in 2009. So when I was going to India last November, I spent hours and hours on Internet researching the places to stay. I have found Saket Bed & Breakfast here, on Trip Advisor and I never looked back. This place is amazing ! Spacious and very, very CLEAN !!! Free wifi was definately a bonus. After exhausting few days in Punjab, all we wanted was to relax and to sleep. When we got to Saket, we were greeted by Arnand. He was very pleasant and very helpful. The other two guys helped us with the backpacks and served the cold drinks. Now, the shower. There is a huge, walk in shower! I have to embarassingly admit that the shower is bigger than I have at home. And hot water!
I am definately staying there when next time in Delhi and I have already recommended Saket to few of our clients going to India.
Big thumbs from me!