“BAD SERVICE and BAD STAFF”
Review of The Sunder

The Sunder
Ranked #352 of 1,143 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed there only one night for transit stay to Kashmir. The hotel is adjacent to wine shop, if you are with family, it feels unsafe to go out in evening. Our breakfast and dinner was already booked in hotel, but they denied to give dinner. The breakfast they given, four slice of bread and when we asked for more, they said it is chargeable. I never seen such kind of thing.
They have given one vehicle for half day sight seeing. We stopped at a restaurant "Delhi Darbar" for lunch. While paying bill we came to know, the driver have also taken lunch there and I have to pay the bill. I was unable to resist with driver in front of restaurant staff. So I had to pay driver's bill also.
In nut shell BAD SERVICE and BAD STAFF.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mukesh_gup

Reviewed 30 June 2013

If not extraordinary, it was a much better than most in this price range. I stayed at Hotel The Sundar for three nights with my family, in mid June. I feel that it was the best value for the each Rupee I spent there. Got a special rate under the deal for staying three nights. The best part was the absolutely free pick up we got from the Nizzamuddin Railway Station to the Hotel. We felt as if we were a VIP and the comfort and hassle free way to reach the hotel was much appreciated by all of us. Another good thing was its location. Well connected by three Metro stations, it was so easy to visit any part of the Delhi on our own. Staff was smiling and willing to listen to our requests. I think I can very safely ask my family-relatives and friends to stay here whenever visiting Delhi. There were couple of minuses also but given the facilities and cost, that can be easily ignored. In short, it was a good experience and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank druv
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Great value for money with very good and personalized service. I stayed there for three days with my family and enjoyed my stay fully. Staff was very friendly and helpful. What I truly appreciate is that we were offered free pickup from the airport which was done very efficiently. This not only saved time and money for me but also I was at complete peace as there were no hassles of searching the hotel or from the touts at the Airport. What I paid to the hotel was like peanuts in comparison to the facilities we received including free pickup and breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We are 18 members had a trip to Kedarnath and Badrinath via Delhi from our home place Vizag in AP. We booked hotel rooms through cleartrip. The rooms and other amenities are good. Especially the staff at reception counter are so nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank skgembali
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed at the sunder on numerous trips through Delhi and always found it great value. The travel desk is awesome for organizing trips through out India we have done three trips Rajasthan,Agra,Jaipur,northern India all the way to Gulmarg and the drivers were great sanjay especially. The hotel has a good restaurant and wi fi is available for a small free .Would have no qualms in recommending this hotel to anyone.and spacial thanx to TINKU

Room Tip: back side room have less noice
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The location in Pahar Ganj has character, but the area itself is grimy and feels quite unsafe for a solo traveller.

As mentioned in other reviews, the hot water is so brief it may as well be non-existent, while the sheets were stained and blankets were unwashed.

Avoid Tinku, he charges a premium for very poor quality travel planning - he sold me a day trip to Rishikesh by outlining the major attractions, neglecting to mention it was a 16-hour round trip. (For those who would cry 'caveat emptor', I'd argue that someone who purports to be a travel advisor should be trusted to avoid these... oversights.)

I would not stay here again, and would not recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Jared S
Reviewed 23 April 2013

They didn’t pick me up at the airport and were not even able to prevent me by mail or phone.
When I called from the airport at 11 pm the guy told me he wasn't going to pick me up because I had not written the flight details when I explained that I was going to be at the airport but I didn't have a flight, I was already in Delhi arranging some things in the airport. I explained them the situation by phone and mail.
At the end I went to another hotel because they were not serious.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo