“Dirty hotel and pushy staff”
Review of The Sunder

The Sunder
Ranked #353 of 1,146 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have stayed in numerous hotels in India and this is by far one of the worse ones.
We stayed one night in August - except for the free airport pickup everything else was horrible.
We bought an AC room but thy turned it off before we went to bed. Twice we had a rude staff member knock on our door and try to get us to eat at the rooftop resturant. We politly declined but they were really pushy and we had to make up some story about meeting freinds to get rid of him. The room was tiny and dirty. Lizards under the bed, black hairs on the pillow and the bathroom was horrible. So nasty we did not dare take a shower.

This hotel is dirt cheap.. and dirt is what you will get.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Perfect for exploring Delhi. Close to the metro station with easy cheap transport to the sites. This hotel was a luxury stop for 3 backpackers. A complete bargain when booked through agoda. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was a massive choice of good buffet food.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel has improved even since my last visit in 2012. Bathrooms and bedrooms have been upgraded. I was graded to room 302 which was quiet and spacious. It's only a budget hotel that I use when going to the airport but the staff and service is second to none for the price. Very old established. It is very safe and I would certainly recommend it even for lone female tourists.

Room Tip: back side room are nice
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Great location . near New Delhi railway station. just on the main road..in paharganj.I stayed in this hotel with my family for three nights...we spent quality time in the hotel. Hotel staff is really helpful and friendly. I specially appreciate Mr.Pritam from reception desk for his understanding attitude towards guests. Room is equipped with almost all needed facilities. The room service is available 24hrs. I checked in at 5 am and there was no problem.We found the accommodation to be clean and comfortable, and generally well priced. I liked very much the room for the price I got.

Room Tip: Overall we will recommend it to anybody , specially Recommended for budget Travelers .
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed there only one night for transit stay to Kashmir. The hotel is adjacent to wine shop, if you are with family, it feels unsafe to go out in evening. Our breakfast and dinner was already booked in hotel, but they denied to give dinner. The breakfast they given, four slice of bread and when we asked for more, they said it is chargeable. I never seen such kind of thing.
They have given one vehicle for half day sight seeing. We stopped at a restaurant "Delhi Darbar" for lunch. While paying bill we came to know, the driver have also taken lunch there and I have to pay the bill. I was unable to resist with driver in front of restaurant staff. So I had to pay driver's bill also.
In nut shell BAD SERVICE and BAD STAFF.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mukesh_gup
Reviewed 30 June 2013

If not extraordinary, it was a much better than most in this price range. I stayed at Hotel The Sundar for three nights with my family, in mid June. I feel that it was the best value for the each Rupee I spent there. Got a special rate under the deal for staying three nights. The best part was the absolutely free pick up we got from the Nizzamuddin Railway Station to the Hotel. We felt as if we were a VIP and the comfort and hassle free way to reach the hotel was much appreciated by all of us. Another good thing was its location. Well connected by three Metro stations, it was so easy to visit any part of the Delhi on our own. Staff was smiling and willing to listen to our requests. I think I can very safely ask my family-relatives and friends to stay here whenever visiting Delhi. There were couple of minuses also but given the facilities and cost, that can be easily ignored. In short, it was a good experience and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank druv
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Great value for money with very good and personalized service. I stayed there for three days with my family and enjoyed my stay fully. Staff was very friendly and helpful. What I truly appreciate is that we were offered free pickup from the airport which was done very efficiently. This not only saved time and money for me but also I was at complete peace as there were no hassles of searching the hotel or from the touts at the Airport. What I paid to the hotel was like peanuts in comparison to the facilities we received including free pickup and breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family