We are 6 peoples from Kerala stayed in two rooms for 2 days.Finding the Hotel location is difficult better call the Hotel and hand over the Phone to Taxi driver.Hotel Sunder looks small and cheap from outside but spacious and neat inside.Good & Co -operating staffs.They will provide you Good Blankets and Room heater without extra charges.Bed is large enough to sleep for 3 adults.If you paid for Extra Guest you will get additional bed and Blankets.
Thinks we don't like are as follows :
1.Need to call each and every time to switch on Water Heater.
2.Need to request to switch on Air conditioner even though we paid for an AC room.
3.Instead of powering AC they provided us Room heaters and we need to suffer its noise and health hazards.(you may need to keep your toilet door open whole night for ventilation.
4.We ordered dinner but really disappointed. Too much salty food (Fried rice and Biriyani) and unable to eat ,Complained but no use.) .
5. Hotel Location is difficult to find even for Taxi or Auto drivers .
6. Wine Shop just near by the hotel.( Walking outside at night is not recommended for Family groups).
7.No parking area ,the Hotel opens to main road.But these will not affect your stay inside.Surely no Noise or disturbances.
#Taxi fare is Rs 250 from New Delhi Railway station.Just around 2 KM distance and need to travel through congested short cuts.Beware of Drivers and agents at Railway station since they will tell you this hotel is not in Good area & not Family friendly.
To catch Metro train get Cycle rickshaw or auto (around Rs 20 per person) from Hotel outside & go to Ajmeer gate entry of Delhi Metro station.
Better to avail Hotel's own taxi for drop at railway station while check out .costs Rs 250.
# Keep some 20 or 50 rupees notes in pocket since room boys will demand for tips while check out.
# If you need call taxi reception boy will arrange it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel The Sunder , located most centrally in the heart of the city and is less then 1 Km from world famous Connaught place. Hotel The Sunder, provide the perfect accommodations for the budget travelers. Only 10 minutes walk from New Delhi Station, 20 minutes walk from Connaught Place & Janpath. The city’s busiest shopping districts, Karol Bagh, Chandni Chowk, and Palika Bazaar are all nearby, and easy access to other main tourist attractions !! In this regard, we wish to submit that we will offer free Airport/Railway Pickup to all the guests received through your network to ensure a hassle free transfer from the airport/Train Station.We feel proud to add here that our rooms are a perfect combination of elegance and comfort to suit your lifestyle. Along with the elegantly furnished rooms, we have many other extra facilities for our valued customers. These include Wi-Fi, Money Changer, Travel Assistance Desk, Laundry Service, 24 Hour Room services, 24 hour power supply, Cable T V with International Channels, Doctor on Call,In-house catering, all major credit cards accepted, Elevator, Fax, Photo state and STD. Our hotel has luggage storage facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sunder reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunder Hotel New Delhi