“Pleasent hotel in good locality..!!!`”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Amara Hotel

Amara Hotel
Ranked #330 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Pleasent hotel in good locality..!!!`”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Located in a nice area of Delhi, GK1, the deluxe room here was very nicely decorated and furnished with rainforest shower. I really enjoyed my stay at the Amara Hotel. Staff was nice and cooperative. The Sales Manager "Mr. Sunil Bisht", who was so helpfull and co operative with our entire crew for 16days of our stay in Hotel Amara. The staff were also good and were ready for our help 24x7. The Breakfast was good, but we never got a chance to have our lunch or dinner over there. But the starters were excellent. A/C is very good. and the Wi-fi was also having a gud speed, so that we can work in midnight as well. Next time we would visit by saying "SUNIL KA HOTEL" in Delhi.

Room Tip: Rooms are small. But all rooms are Nice and clean. A/c is gud in every room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AmaraHotelGk1, General Manager at Amara Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Amara Hotel, New Delhi!!!!!!

Thank you for taking out time to share your wonderful, review for Hotel Amara, New Delhi.

We are truly pleased to hear that you liked the room's decor, location of the hotel and had a memorable experience that we strive to offer at our hotel.

We have also shared your special appreciation with our team and they are also grateful for the same.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Hotel Amara...

Team Amara Hotel
New Delhi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Located in a nice area of Delhi, GK1, the deluxe room here was very nicely decorated and furnished with rainforest shower. The service was good too, in fact the only thing that let the place down was the poor breakfast and fairly unappealing dining room.

Also, we were unfortunate to have a large and extremely noisy and inconsiderate family put in the rooms next to us - they kept their doors open for long periods as they moved back and forth, talking loudly and the children played with the doors. The stay was spoiled for us by this rude bunch but we would definitely stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lemec79
Mauritius
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Amara Hotel. Staff was nice and cooperative. I stayed there for 25 nights. location is perfect as it very near to M block market. I also enjoyed the"egg biryani" served at the hotel. It was my favorite dish. I recommend the hotel to any traveller who wish to visit Delhi.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 789Mevin
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I had booked JHT hotel but on reaching the hotel the manager at the hotel said it was full and you need we need to transfer you amara hotel. I guess we had no choice and as we had reached in evening and didnt knew much about the area we stayed at this hotel. To our suprise the room was small but clean and nice. I was on a business trip. In the morning we had out breakfast which didnt have any options to eat except for breads, sandwich and chole puri. when asked for hot chocolate the same was not available. They provided us with juices on request. We were dissapointed with the service. The location was good and the hotel was decent but the breakfast was not atall close to what was expected.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank neelanjshah
india
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I booked this hotel for 5 nights
becouse its near to nehru place and M block market
i was on bussiness trip.
very professional staff very clean bathroom and excellent value for money.
And Food is very testy
The choice of breakfast is good . The check-in and check-out is smooth. Rooms are good with all modern amenities. we also injoiy free wifi with hight speed.
I recommended this hotel to stay in delhi.

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank manojkumar609
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had to come to Delhi to renew my visa, and I needed to be near Nerhu Place, and whilst I was here I had a work project I needed to finish so I looked for a hotel nearby that wasn't too expensive but had Wi-fi so I could still do my work.

The hotel is really quite nice (although the food is mediocre at best), but despite what they tell you they do not have Wi-fi. Some days they have a very weak signal, and then it disappears after 30 mins. Each day they tell you it will definitely be fixed the next day, but it isn't. As I was working to NY timezone a lot of the time they were even less helpful telling me I couldn't possibly expect it to be working at night time.

It would have been fine but I really just needed somewhere to work more than anything else and they 100% failed on that front.

Do not come here if you need an internet connection.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed at Amara for 3 nights and had a very comfortable stay. The rooms were not lavish, but very clean and well maintained. Convenient location. The loo was a little small, but manageable.

Above all, the hospitality of the management and staff was exceptional. They were very accommodating with respect to specific requirements like food, late check out, etc. Excellent service. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Delhi.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo