“Probably the best hotel in New Delhi”
Review of The Visaya

The Visaya
Ranked #107 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I Stayed at The Visaya in last weak of Sep with my wife.It was a wonderful experience at The Visaya .Front office staff was very courteous,food was excellent and room service was upto the mark, Front office staff allotted us a room with fantastic view of Garden and which shows their kind hospitality..Best part of this hotel is the location- 20 mints from Domestic Airport and 5 mints walking distance from Hauz Khas Metro Station.

I really look very hard to find anything to fault this hotel.

Last but not the least We are very thankful to the Front Office Manager who was really helpful
during our stay and who make our stay at the Visaya a memorable one.

I only have praise for this hotel and I wish all our hotels could be like this one, as from now we keep saying about other hotels [ yes is nice but it is not the Visaya}

I will definetely come back in this hotel whenever I will coming to Delhi and surely I will recommend

my friends to stay at The Visaya only and even I would request you to please give The Visaya a change to serve their hospitality You too.

One Word for The Visaya Team is "Well done"

Cheers....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank anupreet_kaur25
gm-thevisaya, General Manager at The Visaya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments in relation to your recent stay. We try our best to be your home away from home. You are the reason that we are here, so we will do whatever it takes to make your stay as seamless as possible.
Please feel free to contact me directly at gm@thevisaya.com should you require any assistance making any reservations.

There are newer reviews for The Visaya

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Before 3-5 days ago, I have stayed with hotel The Visaya with my family and I am sharing my experience with this hotel. Really its a fantastic experience for me. All the staff of this hotel is very good and very-2 supportive in nature. They were taking personal care of their guests. Check In facility is excellent and very fast. Food is very good and tasty as well. The services of F & B deptt is very good. Rooms are large, clean and well maintained. Housekeeping services are also very good. Conveyance is also very good here, as this hotel is very closed to Hauz Khas metro station. There is only 5 mins walk from Hauz Khas metro. Really its a good and safe hotel to stay with family. In future whenever I will come back in Delhi, I will again stay with this hotel and I will also recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aakash650
gm-thevisaya, General Manager at The Visaya, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay. We have built our company’s reputation by paying attention to the needs of our guests and we are pleased to learn we exceed your family’s expectations. We are happy to know that you consider our location to be excellent especially with our closeness to the Hauz Khas metro station.

We appreciate your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Was my first trip to Delhi and a local chose this hotel. Was a really nice place and the food was excellent, enjoyed the breakfast downstairs. The outside area in the back of the hotel was calming. Close to shopping and nice restaurants. The room was really clean and had every convenience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 4563am
gm-thevisaya, General Manager at The Visaya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel and we are delighted to hear about your positive experience.

It is indeed a matter of pride to learn that you were happy with the room, the services and the staff. We are happy that our constant efforts have been reflected in our services and we always strive to improve this further.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Visaya.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is great place to stay. The people here are excellent - very polite, helpful, co-operative friendly and most importantly, caring ! They take care of each and every need of yours. The rooms are neet and clean. Get lot of testy delicacies is break fast. u get good speed internet with Wi-fi. Good connectivity with public transport.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay. We have built our company’s reputation by paying attention to the needs of our guests and we are pleased to learn we exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The staff at The Visaya were very good and took personal care of guests. The food was also tasty and the rooms & toilets were clean.Good hotel to stay with family
and is in panchila park very near with Haus Khas metro station.Whenever i will come back in delhi,i will stay with The Visaya only and i recommanded to this hotel to my friends also .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoy staying at The Visaya.

I will share your feedback with the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We are provided with accommodation by the company for overnight stay. Our company regularly books 2-3 rooms on more than one occasion every month.

Hotel is located in next to a busy road...so rooms towards the park are quieter. But overall service is average. Staff don't turn up till we call them more than twice. Front desk staff mannerism is pretty poor. The rooms are big, but lack quiet a few basic amnesties for the price of the hotel. The food spread for the breakfast is minuscule compared to the other hotels we are provided in the same area. Restaurant is pretty expensive. The terrible part of it is the automatic key system was not working from the time we checked in and we had to be behind the pathetic staff members to open our rooms!!! There are good alternates nearby and we have recommended the same for the company people now for our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. On the outset I would like to apologize that the service did not meet your expectation. I have investigated the matter but have not been able to ascertain the incidents.
I have noted your comment about the electronic key system malfunction and have strongly taken it up with the company responsible for the locks.
I again apologize for the inconveniences that you faced and would like to know the instances. May I request you to please send me an email at gm@thevisaya.com with your contact details so that I could speak to you at your convenience.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

to goitodelhi

letter sent to dept of Tourism India

Dear Sir

I prepaid my hotel accommodation at the Visaya Hotel and arrived there on Saturday morning

By Saturday afternoon my room was flooded with water from the rain. it was coming down the walls and created a pool of water on the floor. This water most probably was electric was it eventually fused the power points in the room.

I complained and demanded another room as no alternative was even offered.

They showed me two rooms smaller and with less amenities such as power points for computer etc..

The worse thing was that not even the door key worked and I had to call the reception desk to get access to my room every time I went back from reception.

Even the kettle had to be boiled by putting it on the ground as the cord was too short.

They charged me for full internet access even though with the power failure I did not even get 25% of the allowance for which I paid.

I think that this hotel has an obligation to repay my deposit as I had to leave on Sunday morning due to the substandard conditions of the room.

I am staying at the Royal Plaza which far more accommodating to my needs and the hotel and staff are fabulous.

I think that the Visaya Hotel should be closed and health AND SAFETY STANDARDS BE CHECKED IMMEDIATELY.

I await your reply

Thanking you

Mr. A. Caravousanos

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank andreascc8
gm-thevisaya, General Manager at The Visaya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Mr. Caravousanos,

Thank you very much for your feedback in connection with your stay at our property. At the outset I would like to apologize for your poor experience during your stay with us and let me assure you that such an incident has never happened in the hotel before. Delhi faced a major thunderstorm on that unfortunate day and the air sealing in the window was not up to the mark. I had personally seen your room after your check out and also checked with the staff that had interacted with you. The water was coming from the window joint and was nowhere near any electrical point.
As the hotel only had 02 available rooms that night, my staff offered both of them to you. They were of the same category but did not meet your expectation. I had already instructed my team to upgrade you to the next category of room however; you decided to check out before I could personally meet with you.

The power of the hotel went off as the power lines of the entire locality were shut by the power distribution company in view of the severe thunderstorm. Sir, let me assure you that The Visaya meets all the statutory safety standards. The hotel undergoes regular surprise inspections from the various public safety departments of the government.

As your reservation was through a travel agency, I had already instructed them to refund you the money for the dates when you were at Royal Plaza.

Once again, I apologize for the shortcomings that we had during your time with us. I know we can do better and have already instituted the necessary maintenance work required.

I hope we'll have the chance to welcome you back some time in the future and if I can help with that, please do not hesitate to directly contact me at gm@thevisaya.com