“Exceeding all expectations!!”
Review of The Visaya

The Visaya
Ranked #105 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The choice of The Visaya for our group was by a highly professional tour expert in delhi though i had initial doubts if it will meet our expectations. But were we pleasantly surprised!!! For a boutique/business hotel it packed more than enough cleanliness, serenity, simplicity, freshness, great service from extremely courteous and friendly staff, great dining experience and overall value for money! Will surely go back anytime i have the oppprtunity to visit delhi.

• Stayed: November 2013
gm-thevisaya, General Manager at The Visaya, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We try our best to be your home away from home. You are the reason that we are here, so we will do whatever it takes to make your stay as seamless as possible.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very important to us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have just returned to Australa after a 23 day women's tour of India. We experienced many types of accommodation during out trip and spent the final three days at the Vissaya. Although it is a little out of town it is a wonderful place to stay. The hotel is modern, clean and well appointed. Our room was the same, a nice place to return at the end of a day in smoggy Delhi. The only disappointment was not being able to enjoy wine or beer with our dinner. The staff were very polite especially a waiter called Sanjay, an absolute delight.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
gm-thevisaya, General Manager at The Visaya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel and we are delighted to hear about your positive experience.

It is indeed a matter of pride to learn that you were happy with the room, the services, the staff and also the ability of the hotel to resolve your predicament and make your stay an unforgettable one.
We are happy that our constant efforts have been reflected in our services and we always strive to improve this further.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Visaya.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel is little isolated from the city centre, It was calm inside though and was the ideal for business stay. It was has all western design & fiitings, which makes comfort, you find lot of foreigners in this hotel. The rooms were neat & clean.

staff is very kind & polite food is good but little expensive,

In morning breakfast includes lot of western choices keeping foreigners choices in mind, a very less local items.

Room Tip: its not a family or leasure hotel, for business visits it is good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GururajRavi

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoy staying at The Visaya.

I will share your feedback with the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Hi guys,

This hotel is situated right on the highway on the way to the Airport in Delhi. It was not noisy inside though and was the perfect place to spend the last night before heading home. It was obviously fitted out by a western designer (I say this as an architect myself), which was a nice creature comfort considering some of the places we'd stayed. The bathrooms were clean adn the staff very helpful
The hotel food was expensive by Indian standards and we did see a mouse run inside from the courtyard (hardly their fault) but the food was great, and even included western choices for those who had stomach problems on the trip. I wouldn't recommend it for someone wanting to see Delhi for the first time as it's too far away from everything, but as a stop over, it's perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
gm-thevisaya, General Manager at The Visaya, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your very kind review. I am glad you appreciated the décor of the hotel and you enjoyed your room. We are happy to know that you consider our location to be excellent especially with our direct access to the airport.

In regards to your comments about the mouse, let me apologize for any inconvenience and would like to assure you that this is not common. I have initiated immediate steps to prevent such happenings in the future.

Our aim is to have a high standard of product and presentation and in order to achieve this ambitious goal we require constructive feedback like yours and take them into serious consideration.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I arrived in the morning, about 11 am, and, fortunately, I was given free early check-in. From my point of view, there is really big difference between hotel's pictures on the web-site and real hotel. In reality hotel is very simple, minimum furniture, but according to the web-site I was expecting to see a kind of luxurius boutique hotel. So first impression was a bit dissapointed.
Anyway, I had very pleasant check-in and was offered free welcome drink. My room was very very spacious, very well equiped. There was a bed, long table, minibar and sofa where it was so nice to sit in the evening! Tea-coffee facilities are for free. Towels and toilettries are in the bathroom. Internet is payable. There is computer on the first floor, also need to pay for it.
But breakfast is definitely an area to be improved. FB manager didn't smile, didn't welcome guests. Breakfast is very poor, small choices of bread, juices, fruits. I ate only once in the hotel and then took breakfast outside.
Staff on the reception are incredibly good. Very polite, very hospitable, they really care about their guests and nothing was too much trouble for them.
Location I didn't understand. I mean, hotel is located on the South Delhi, but I had a car so have no idea about public transport accessability.
All in all, I had very pleasant stay, I will recommend this hotel and I won't mind of staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
gm-thevisaya, General Manager at The Visaya, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know about your experience. I am particularly concerned about the breakfast experience including the manager’s behavior. I apologize that the experience did not match the others you had at the hotel. I will personally ensure proper training is imparted to the staff and I have initiated the process of having the breakfast revamped.

Thank you so much for sharing your sentiments and also letting me know that you would still return as a guest to the hotel, it is truly appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Visaya.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We arrived mid evening, to be shown to a dingy room and a bathroom that could have done with a good scrub!
We had a look at the buffet dinner on offer and chose soup from the a la carte menu as a much more appetising option.
There was a wedding taking place outside, which was a little noisy, but generally noise levels were fine.
The kettle didn't work, and when I reported that the hairdryer also didn't work, was advised that they would be fixed before I returned. This was not the case, and when we came back to the hotel after a long day, the hot water was cold.
The buffet breakfast was extremely disappointing, and overall reflected the poor standard of this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write about your visit.

It is extremely dissapointing to know that we did not match your expectations. I am thankful that you spared time to write your comments and explain the points in details. I assure you that we have already started working on the things that we missed out on. I hope that you will notice a difference by the time you visit the hotel again.

May I request you to treat this as an isolated incident. Please do not let this obstruct your faith in us. I look forward meeting you in future. Please do write to me at gm@thevisaya.com the next time you plan your visit to Delhi.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

A spick and span modern joint, the Visaya was wonderful to stay at for a week. Tastefully decorated and conveniently located a short walk away from a Metro stop, Visaya gave us a warm welcome. Throughout our stay, their staff went out of their way to cater to us. Comfy beds, wonderful showers, a hearty breakfast and a lovely little garden outside all hit the spot. The only issue we faced was with the room card keys, but not that a big deal, given how good everything else was. Would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BaggageClaim
gm-thevisaya, General Manager at The Visaya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Guest,

It is indeed a matter of pride to learn that you were happy with the room, the services and the staff.

I have discussed your comments regarding the key card locks in length with our team and we hope to get a resolution from the service provider very soon. I apologize for the inconvenience is has caused to you.