“Unexpectedly good :)” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Akshay Deluxe
Ranked #416 of 1,049 New Delhi B&B and Inns
“Unexpectedly good :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel on a very hot May summer afternoon, I was with my family and on a tight budget too, I was skeptical looking at the area and the location of the hotel but once we entered we were very warmly received by the staff, the rooms slotted to us was very good, the best part was availability of multi cuisines at Hotel Akshaye deluxe, the room service was very prompt in it's service. Thankfully the hotel had power back up the whole time. The reception also gave us a good package of 'Delhi Darshan' the very next day. The bill I paid was very economical and Overall a very good stay, I just wish the hotel was a little towards the main road easier to get auto and public conveyance.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank traveltard

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

I came from Chennai with my husband and we hadnt booked a hotel.This hotel was very close to the railway station and in the heart of Delhi.
We got a warm welcome from the reception staff,the staff was courteous and helpful.
We ordered south India food which to my surprise was very well cooked.
The staff also gave us a good packeage for Manali and Delhi sight seeing.
Since the hotel is in heart of Delhi it was very convinient for us to go anywhere.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank simran c
Bangladesh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

me and my partner were taken by a taxi to this hotel since we both were new to the place and we didn't have any booking anywhere. we reached delhi early in the morning around 7 am from Shimla. the room was nice with ac. since we have train ticket for next evening, we have to pay for one and a half day. the price was reasonable.

we ordered food through the room phone in their restaurant. 1 hour went and it didn't arrive so we called again.. they didn't reply properly. then we called on room service and said about it. they replied that restaurants dont tell them so we have to order through room service. we were hungry and we have to wait again till the breakfast arrives. then we ordered lunch later, which arrives on time but they didn't bring the spoon and fork. So, we asked for it and waitied. they didn't come. so we ate with our hand. its better to stay hungry than eating over there.. really bad.

if you are in delhi for short visit and you just need room then its perfect otherwise select another. the room looks good with huge bed and ac and furniture. they dont have dustbin in a room and toilet. the floor is of tiles and there is no mat/foot towel outside of the bathroom, so be careful, for you may slip. power cut many times. room service is pathetic.

p.s. the hotel staffs makes alot of noise. since we arrived in the morning, i tried to sleep but couldn't sleep because of their chatting and walking and the pathetic room bell

Room Tip: top room to avoid noise
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I happned to be in Delhi this summers with my family. The auto rikshaw guy suggested me to this hotel. Had a warm welcome from the Hotel Manager. The hotel is recently renovated and and offers good rooms at reasonable prices. It is very close to New Delhi railway station, so saves lot of your time. Has a good resturant too with room service. Thanks Hotel Akshay delxure for making my stay comfortable.
However, room service can be further improved.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We arrived at 0400 and agreed to pay a half-day rate until check in time that day and the full room rate thereafter for 2 nights. I obviously should have heeded the advice that one should get everything in writing and signed in advance, but it had not been neccessary prior to this while travelling in India. Upon check-out a staff member who had not been present at check-in, and who apparently had no record of my advance payments, attempted to make us pay something around 8000Rs for the 2 nights and 8 hours we'd stayed there. When i said that he was attempting to rip us off he became defensive and refused to negotiate, obviously hoping we'd give in. I ended up threatening to leave and/or call the police and he settled for 3500 including what I'd already payed. the difference in his claim on the bill and what he accepted (4500Rs) to me indicates that he was fully aware of what the true cost of our stay should have been. I do not mind staying in hotels that have dirty sheets, windows that dont close and drains that- lacking S-bends- vent the smell of the sewage system beneath the building into the room. But i do not mind this because, typically, they are low cost and I'm not in India for fancy hotels. What I do mind is when people think that it is acceptable to attempt to exploit foreigners out of their money by some twisted personal ethical standards, and proceed to defend their underhanded manner as though you've insulted them. If i could have it my way this hotel would be closed and these men never allowed to manage a hospitality business again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Pune
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

I was on my business trip to Himachal pradesh. While returning I had some business work in delhi hence I had to stay one night in delhi along with my colleagues. We were total 3 personnel to rest there at night.

The hotel was suggested by rickshaw driver. It was around 10 min distance from New delhi railway station at Paharganj side. We decided to see it and then finalize to stay there or not. We kept luggage in their lobby and saw the room. It was 3 bedded AC room with good aesthetics. At first glance we felt the room ok for stay and paid the advance to reception. The rates were little high but we preferred to stay there as we didnt want to search the hotel at night.

The room was nice and we could feel that the hotel was just built and started. Hotel staff also told us that this is very new hotel started few months back only. The room finish was fresh and nice. Plenty of lights there for different moods and work were there. Air conditioner worked properly whole night. Cool air from AC was just perfect for the hot and humid climate outside which is typical in Delhi in rainy season. We switched on LCD TV in the room and watched it for some time. Meantime I worked on my laptop also. Then we had some chitchat and time pass till sleeping. The 3 beds were nicely maintained just to make you sleepy.

The bathroom was also feeling fresh and looking nice. In many hotels rooms are nicely finished and maintained but bathroom / toilet is not upto the mark. But since this was newly built hotel, it was very good feel. In the morning we all freshed and got ready for our next business work. Normal things like water, electricity etc. were good. They had 24 hrs room service and also food supply in rooms. We took tea and light breakfast there.

Few negative points also to be noted which they can improve. For example they gave us just 2 bath towels although we were 3 people there. Also bell switch near bed is not marked and hence we pressed in 2-3 times even though no service was required at that time.

We checked out the hotel @ 10 am. It was good stay in overall. Also reaching the hotel from New delhi railway station is easier. Ramkrishna metro station is also near by. I felt that following the rickshaw driver was not bad decision. But you need to be careful and see the property before finalizing the deal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business