“Good.”
Review of Hotel Hare Krishna

Hotel Hare Krishna
Ranked #690 of 1,136 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I had a good experience at the Hare Krishna Guest House.
My room was clean, so was the bathroom.
The sheets were okay.
I loved the rooftop with a pretty good restaurant, open 24/7. There were some nice views.
The staff at the reception were not friendly.
I loved that it is on the main bazaar street; 5 minutes away from a metro station. It was very easy to go around the city.
There were many cafes, shops and money exchange/transfer places around.
Overall, it was a good experience.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor. It was good but pretty dark with no views. However, no need for that...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 October 2011

When we arrived the hotel the staff said the room was still being cleaned, we said we were happy to wait. When we checked into the room I noticed that quite obviously the sheets had not been changed. I went down to the front desk and said I did't want to be rude but could the sheets be changed. The staff member said as soon as we paid for the room we could have clean sheets 'if' he had any. I said I would rather get the new sheets and then pay for the room (I had an inkling that as soon as we handed over the money we would be stuck with the old sheets) The guy went crazy, it was actually rather amusing at first to watch a grown man acting like a 2 year old. Eventually he stomped up stairs, got us soon clean sheets and snatched the money. All very silly and unnecessarily we checked out in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Do not stay there!!!!My property (digital camera,telephone,credit card) was stolen in this hotel, BUT all time the door was locked and the key was with me. I hate this hotel, his owner, who was extremly rude with me and my husband after this case. Theft - is a part of busines of the owner, take care of your property, and better - try to find another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 21 August 2011

It has a small entranceway which properly reflects the tone of the hotel - quiet and tastefully elegant. The rooms are very spacious and impeccably maintained.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank bred p
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Despite being paid up beyond my expected departure time, was asked to leave my room hours before taxi to airport booking, because another couple wanted the room. Staff banged on my door at 3 a.m. to see if I was awake and would leave, when I said no the staff member tried to shame me. This kind of behavior is a simple cash grab, and lousy business with no respect for the customer. I guess they don't expect to get repeat business. They won't get mine.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Sukoshizutsu
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Finally the location is ideal. Its a short walk to many restaurants, shopping and famous sites like Cannaught Place. It is a few minutes to the metro line which is convinient way to get around in the city.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2010

This Guesthouse was the worst place in our India trip. The staff was unfriendly. It's on a dirty road and when we arrived there in the night it looked like an red light district. The room was smelly and mouldy. The whole ceiling was wet and the bed linen never change since years. It was definetly to expensive but we had only a view hours to sleep before our plane was leaving. It was a sad end of a nice trip through India.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple