“Lovely home & hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ahtushi's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #85 of 1,128 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This B & B was a chance find through another place which was booked out. The host Ahtushi has a fabulous home, filled with artefacts, art and photographs from her trips all over the world. The accommodation was beautifully furnished and the bathrooms modern and swish! Another bonus was the great breakfast made by a lovely cook (whose name escapes me). I was picked up from the airport at a very late hour with no hassle and really felt comfortable looked after. As a woman travelling on my own - I highly recommend this place. Thanks again!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Suzie S

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I had the great fortune to find and stay at Ahtushi's B&B in Delhi. Ahtushi's and her home are lovely. I felt very welcomed and that she felt she was sincerely happy I was there. Gracious service and yet I felt like I was at home. My room was wonderful - big comfy bed and my own bathroom. Everything is very clean and nicely put together. The location is near the airport so it's perfect for stays of any length.

Ahtushi had a car pick me up when I arrive and I am waiting for one that she called right now to head back to the airport. Breakfast is great: cereal, toast, fruit, milk tea, orange juice, cheese omelet, and Indian hash browns (similar to those in Japan and to potato pancakes in Germany). Ahtushi offers dinner at an extra cost. I took it because it is dining with the family and I wanted that experience. She also has menus of good, safe food that can be ordered in. All the food was super and I feel great!

Yesterday, I had a free whole day in Delhi and Ahtushi recommended a few monuments to visit. She set me up with a driver for half the day who took me to the places she suggested.

This has been a stupendous experience on my first trip to/through India. I am very happy that I chose to stay at Ahtushi's B&B. You will be, too!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kitwynkoop
tashidelhi, Owner at Ahtushi's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dearest Kit,
The pleasure was equally mine of having you over at my home. I thouroughly enjoyed our animated discussions and thank you again for all the tips you provided for my professional work website. It is finally up. :)
hope to host you again.
warmest regards and best wishes
ahtushi

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I had a chance to stay at Atushi's house recently. I was traveling alone and immediately felt welcomed. The rooms are very nice furnished and the house is located in a gated area. I was introduced to the whole family and got a great Indian living experience. This is much more worth than staying alone in a 5* resort! IF I return back to Delhi I would for sure choose Atushi's B&B again and I can only recommend this beautiful place to anyone else.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank OliverSpeier
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Ahtushi's B&B has being one of my favorite discoveries in India. I've stayed there twice in the past two months, and plan to return next week for a third time. Ahtushi is a wonderful woman; she and her family are all helpful, kind, and have a big open heart. She picked me up at the metro station and gave me great tips for moving around in the big city. She also helped me complete some paperwork I needed to get done to travel to another country, stored my big extra suitcase for a whole month...AND invited me several times to eat delicious food with her family. The room where I stayed both times is lovely and clean, with access to an outside terrace where one can relax and enjoy of the sun. The place is located in Vasant Kunk, a very nice neighborhood in South Delhi, where one can find everything, while staying away from all the noise and pollution in Delhi. Ahtushi really helped me find the kind side of the city, and I must say, that even though I don't like Delhi too much, it's a pleasure to have the chance of staying at Ahtushi's again next week. A a woman traveling alone, it's nice to have a place that feels like home :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Natalia_Sotomayor

Dearest Natalia,
Hope you are doing very well. It was such a pleasure having you over at my home. We almost got along like old friends :) Thanks for all the wonderful insights into south america, as its certainly on my wish list of places to travel.
take care and all the best for everything
ahtushi

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Adding one more excellent review for Ahtushi's B&B, all I can say is this place is a home away from home. The hosts, Rahul and Ahtushi are the warmest hosts one can find. The caretaker, Anu is extremely efficient and very helpful, While the cute little Bilbo is one dog you can't avoid playing with. Within a gated community, the surroundings are quite peaceful. The room provided is largely adequate and the washrooms are meticulously clean. A warm cup of coffee on a cold evening in the terrace is a definite yes. For people with a passion for photography, this place is heaven with some of the wonderful clicks by Ahtushi dotting the walls. Though I only had an opportunity to stay one night, it was an experience that can't be easily forgotten. Will definitely visit this place again during my future visits to Delhi.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chintan_D
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I would not hesitate to recommend Ahtushi's B&B. I stayed here twice in September 2013 at the beginning and end of a cycling trip. It could not have been better.

Ahtushi helped me even before I arrived by finding out various pieces of information - which all must have taken time and effort. This level of help and hospitality continued throughout my stay and when I finally left I felt I was leaving a friend's house.

Here are just a few reasons why I would recommend Ahtushi B&B:

- On arrival a taxi was organised from the airport and I was called in the taxi to check everything was OK.

- My room was very large, comfortable and air conditioned.

- I was made very welcome by the whole family and enjoyed eating at family meals.

- The house is in a safe and quiet neighbourhood where you can feel totally relaxed.

- Ahtushi and her family are really nice!

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I had the pleasure of staying with Ahtushi and her family for nine weeks this summer, and I would strongly recommend her homestay for any traveler coming to Delhi for either a short or long term visit. She lives in Vasant Kunj, a quiet and very nice area in South Delhi, conveniently located next to major shopping malls and only a few km from the metro station. I had a spacious room that was always cleaned by Anu, the househelp, and I shared a bathroom with my friend and housemate. Anu kindly provided breakfast and dinner given that I was a long term guest, and for a small charge my laundry was washed and ironed as well. From the beginning of my stay, Ahtushi made me feel welcome. She provided a cell phone with a local sim, saving me the hassle of finding one, drove me to the mall so that I could become more familiar with the area, and even drove to locate the office I was working at. In short, she made my transition to Delhi incredibly smooth, and kindly helped my friends and I book train tickets for a couple of weekend trips. Even when she was away for work during part of my stay, her family was just as helpful and kind, and Ahtushi checked in to make sure everything was going well. I would recommend her homestay for anyone looking for a respite from hectic Delhi life, and if I ever return to Delhi I hope to stay with her again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business