“Hospitality should improve”

Ranked #27 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The staff at the restaurant, in my opinion, could do with a lesson or two at being more hospitable. They should be eager to serve you with a pleasant attitude & not indifferently. Overall, the employees at the hotel need to show a little more warmth towards guests & that would make a whole world of difference! This IS where the hotel really needs to work on.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CrownePlazaDelhi_NCR, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at our hotel. We understand this is a lapse at our end and corrective measures are being undertaken through reinforcement of our Service Behaviours and regular service training. We hope you do give us an opportunity to serve you again and do not let this experience mar your feelings towards us.

It is our constant endeavor that we meet the expectations of our guests. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Absolutely perfect hotel, great service, great restaurants (heard some people comment about known for it to be best of its kind in Dehli). Received a complimentary room upgrade with lots of space and clean. Was apparently a smoking room though even with my sensitive smell, it was clean and fresh. I took the option for the lounge club floor as I had a few meetings and couldn't bare another taxi ride through Delhi. Strong advice choose a good hotel and persuade others to have the meetings at this hotel... Life is too short for bad taxis and bad roads...

Stayed: January 2014
CrownePlazaDelhi_NCR, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla amongst many options available to you in New Delhi. We are pleased to know you consider us to be perfect and had a fantastic stay experience with us. Thank you for the kind words you have for the service and food and beverage offerings. We are happy to learn you enjoyed the complimentary room upgrade and conducted successful meetings at the Club Lounge.

Whether you're planning a business meeting, convention or social event, Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla looks forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Our tour booked this hotel for the whole group and I was very happy with the choice. It is certainly not a convenient area if you need to get to all the tourist attractions in Delhi on your own as it is in the southeast corner of Delhi but it worked for us since we had our own tourbus. There are no interesting shops or eatieries around it. I was very impressed with the breakfast buffet with a lot of protein offerings. I was not very impressed with how muggy it was though. I thought they would have air conditioning at the buffet. Everything about the room was excellent. The bathroom had a shower stall and a toilet stall and a huge bathtub and the whole bathroom could be opened to see the bed room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaDelhi_NCR, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience at the Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla. We are very happy to know you liked the lavish breakfast spread, our well appointed guest rooms with four fixture bathroom. We have noted your feedback with regards to the air conditioning and shared the same with the Chief Engineer. We are certain you will experience the difference in your future visits. The excellent location provides an ideal base for guests travelling for business or leisure as major tourist attractions like Lotus Temple, Qutub Minar and Akshardham Temple are all conveniently located within 20 minutes drive from the hotel.

Thank you once again. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I recently spent 9 days at this business hotel. As you will see from my profile, I travel globally on a regular basis. I do my best to differentiate properties based on that amount of travel. That being said, here is my bullet point assessment:
The Good:
* Spa services are incredible. Both my colleagues (one male and one female) both raved about the services. I myself had three swedish massages during my stay and all three were done by well trained technicians who were professional and deliberate. That along with a reasonable price for the services was a high mark compared to other hotels.
* Room cleanliness / attention to detail was well done. My room was spotless each and every time it was cleaned. I can't say that about all the hotels I've stayed in over the past four years.
* Food selection. Myself and my colleagues ate at every restaurant (breakfast each morning, and dinner each night at one or the other restaurant). Every meal we commented on how hot the food was, which I certainly appreciate resulting in freshly prepared meals. The selection at the morning buffet was vast, and included selections from around the globe.
* Front desk service. Whether the concierge, or other front desk personnel, service was attentive, quick and highly skilled. My compliments, especially given we arrived at 3am on the Lufthansa flight.
The Needs Improvement:
* The pool. Pictures make it look larger than it actually is; that being said, I was surprised the hotel didn't provide more lounge chairs given what appeared to be very high usage of the pool every time myself or my colleagues went to use the facility. Three times I noted people were sitting on the concrete due to lack of chairs. Also appears it is used as a smoking area for persons from the restaurant which was a very big turn off as the breeze blows the smoke into the pool area.
* Restaurant servers. Maybe a cultural consideration, but it appeared that each time the main meal was delivered, only once do I recall in nine days a follow up on did it meet standards, additional drinks necessary, or asking if we'd like the check. Many evenings the running joke was "would they deliver the check if we got up to leave". Again maybe a cultural thing, and overall the service was very good in all the restaurants, just a bit quirky with the end of the meal.
* Restaurant buffet labeling. Given most of the persons staying at the hotel appeared to be guests of India, I would have thought the labels on the buffet would have been more clear as it related to what the food was and ingredients. Myself and my colleagues wanted to try to the various dishes (both Indian and other Asian), but certainly didn't want to waste the food if we didn't understand the ingredients. Just a thought to help persons not from India enjoy the food a bit more.
* Pricing of alcoholic beverages. Honestly I was astounded at the prices; given I stay at other IHG properties over 40 times a year, this hotels prices in this specific area seemed far out of line. Maybe their big money maker, but again just very surprised.
* Location. Not the greatest if you want to visit some of the sites. We were close to our client which was key for us. However getting to Connaught Place, Red Fort, etc was quite a trek. However that is outside of the hotels control. Just an observation.

Room Tip: Upper levels and rooms not facing the main thoroughfare. The incessant horns even late at night wil...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking to time to share your stay experience at the Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla. We are delighted to know you consider us to be an excellent hotel. Thank you for the wonderful words you have for our housekeeping team and spa services. We are pleased to learn our well trained therapists delivered seamless service throughout your stay and you found us value for money. We are happy to know you enjoyed the food and beverage offerings at all our outlets including the lavish breakfast spread and appreciate the food quality. Your encouraging words for our front desk team members and concierge who were One Step Ahead, motivates them to continue to perform at the high standards expected of us.

We have noted your comment with regards to the pool side, restaurant buffet labeling and beverage pricing. We have taken care to see that the concerns raised by you are addressed by the respective head of departments.

On behalf of our entire team here at the Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, we thank you once again for sharing a detailed insight on your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Writing this review in the words of my mum & dad. They stayed here with the rest of the family for 4 nights from 30th April - 4th May. Though the rooms & hotel was good, the service was extremely poor as the attitude of the staff was rude, arrogant & just don't care for customers, basically TERRIBLE ! If someone is taking the pains to write a review like this you can understand. This was the thought of the rest of the family the other 3 rooms as well.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla amongst many options available to you in New Delhi. In reviewing your response, we noticed areas where you rated us below what we consider to be acceptable. Please accept our sincere apologies for all the discomfort caused during your stay. We would appreciate if you could treat this in isolation and do not let this experience mar your overall impression about the hotel.

It is our constant endeavor that we meet the expectations of our guests. We do hope you give us opportunity to serve you in the future. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 nights in May for business. The hotel seems very very new and the facilities in each room is great. Big bath tub, separate shower with awesome water pressure, soft bed with a great choice of pillows....unbeatable.

The pool looked great however I didn't have a chance for a dip. The gym opened early which is great for me and has a great range of machines and free weights.

The breakfast menu has a good combination of Indian and western with a small selection of Japanese. The food didn't really change from day to day but I'm ok with that. The fresh fruits and juices are great and definitely the highlight for me.

The only disappointing thing is the location. There nothing around the hotel and is definitely a business hotel rather than one for holiday makers. Fair enough but as this was my first trip to Delhi, I will be seeking a hotel that is closer to town or metro once I'm back in a couple stays.

Overall, great business hotel and can't ask for much more.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaDelhi_NCR, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla on your business trip to the capital city of India.

We are delighted to know you liked the facilities provided by us along with the bath experience, comfort of bed and specially the elaborate pillow menu placed in all our well appointed guest rooms. We are happy to know the range of gym equipment and free weights were to your liking. Our varied breakfast spread at Edesia is put together to ensure our guests can feel productive and re energized during the day. We appreciate the kind words you have for our choice of fresh fruits and juices.

We have noted your comment with regards to the location. The hotel offers easy access to shopping malls and multiplexes located 15 minutes drive from the hotel with free shuttle service over the weekend, twice a day. We also offer complimentary pick and drop to the metro station situated 2 kilometers from the hotel.

Thank you once again for sharing your stay experience. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Really, I consider the Crowne Plaza in Okhla as “my hotel”. The staff is so great, the rooms are outstanding and the service, impeccable. Still, though it pains me to do so, I must give a THREE STAR REVIEW for my last stay. Here’s why:

First, as I have done so many times in the past, I tried to book directly with the concierge (Nikhel) at the hotel. After three separate, and frustrating attempts, I just booked direct with IHG as he kept giving me a rate hiring than what I could find online (this has never been the case in the past).

Second, the restaurant is lovely, but has some issues, in my opinion. They need a new menu, number one. But that isn't a problem, as the food they serve is great. The problem is the wait staff has not been properly trained it seems. Tables are left dirty for a long time after a customer departs. Then they are only half way cleaned or only half the stuff is put on the table (I constantly saw people getting up, going to another table to get salt / pepper, or jelly, or a napkin). Getting a coffee refill is almost impossible. Surprising as I watched the servers take a coffee pot, fill up two cups, while walking by 4 other tables (with empty cups). In addition, the staff all seem to congregate together. Where there was one, there was three, at least, yet still dirty tables everywhere (keep in mind, this was not a one day experience. I had breakfast here every day for 8 days this trip, and had the same experience). So the wait staff needs training, I think.

Lastly, and the most disappointing about this stay, came in the spa. Before I elaborate, let me clarify, I stay at this hotel twice a year. One of my (well deserved, I feel) pleasures is to frequent the spa. At least every 2-3 days, during my 8-14 night stays, I get a massage. This time my regular masseuse gave me a massage on Wednesday, the day of my arrival. Unfortunately, she proceed to cough for TEN MINUTES straight, no exaggeration. Cough, cough, hack, hack while rubbing my back. That was bad, but what made it way worse was the fact that I came down with a terrible cold the following day. This basically ruined this business trip, thus my complete frustration. We all get sick, but please, if an employee is sick (clearly everyone knew it in the spa), send them home – do not let them infect customers.

All this being said, still, I am a firm believer in this hotel. I have numerous options for where I stay in New Delhi, yet I will continue to stay at this Crowne Plaza, what I consider, “my hotel”.

In their defense, there was some highlights to this stay. First and foremost, Priya, at the front desk is so wonderful. She is professional and knows how to handle customers. I applaud her enthusiasm and look forward to her moving up in the IHG family! She just does a great, great job. Other notables, Satish from Housekeeping, Nitiki from the club room and Madhur, the chef (great omelet) all did an outstanding job and should be commended.

In closing, of my longest TA review ever, I highly recommend this hotel!

(PS – please print a list of the TV stations and put in each room!!!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank johndfffff

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla as your preferred hotel amongst many options available to you in New Delhi. We value you as our esteemed guest and regret all the inconvenience faced during your stay, this visit. Please accept our sincere apologies for all the concerns you have about your experience with us. We have shared the feedback with the respective head of departments and understand it is a training lapse at our end. Immediate corrective measures have been taken to ensure no such lapses take place in the future. Specific service trainings will be imparted to staff in daily departmental briefings and reinforced during regular weekly sessions. We are certain you will experience a difference in your future visits.

Thank you for the kind words you have for Priya from front desk, Satish from housekeeping, Nitika from club lounge and Madhur from kitchens. You encouraging words for our associates, motivate them to excel further in service delivery. It is our constant endeavor that we meet the expectations of our guests.

We thank you for considering staying with us in the future and giving us an opportunity to serve you again. Please feel free to contact myself as soon as I can be of any assistance in arranging your next visit. We look forward to having you back.