“Nice stay”

Ranked #31 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Stockholm, Sweden
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for 3 nights in the end of May 2014. Nice hotel, quite big room and very helpful reception. Pick up service at the airport is reliable. Good breakfast. Would recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 322Elena
razdan2013, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to read the heartwarming endorsement of The Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi’s unique features, size of the rooms and staff services.

A big thank you for recommending Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, as it is personal recommendations that are of the highest value to us.

We hope to being of service to you again in not too distant future.

E: shashi.razdan@ihg.com M: +919582227001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
London
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Being a Gold member staying in this hotel since last three fours years and find service quite ok my previous experience when I stayed in April was bad as them duty manager (not Priya),she was uncooperative and Rude
On this stay,I should be upgraded but not being done
However experience of staying was not bad

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jaiswal98
razdan2013, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla for your stay.

I appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Trip advisor.

It concerns me immensely that you left our shores during your previous stay with a negative impression, we had made a note of your previous experience and action has been taken against the concern duty manager. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused .

Same time I am happy to hear that your stay this time was comfortable at the hotel and you found improvement in our services from your previous stay.

To restore your faith back into our brand promise, Great Hotels Guest Love, you would treat this as one odd incident. We complete acknowledge and value your patronage towards us and being a Gold member.

I trust, and we look forward to have you staying with us in the future and allowing us to take care of you the manner that you so rightfully deserve.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and time.

Assuring you the best of attention and service at all times.

SHASHI RAZDAN - DIRECTOR SALES & MARKETING
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stay at this hotel a total of three nights in May 2014. It has a large, modern and airy lobby. There's a cafe in the lobby where you can order sandwiches and pastries. The rooms are large and well furnished (although the leather-like chair at the desk was a little worn and needed replacing). The king size bed was very comfortable and the pillows contributed to a good night's sleep. The bathroom and very clean and large with a large separate natural stone shower and bath. The free breakfast included with the room was outstanding with a wide section of both Indian and continental choices. This included made to order eggs, pancakes etc. The location is close to a major road but we didn't hear any noise at night. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be anything of interest or places to eat within walking distance so, you are limited to the hotel unless you take a taxi somewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NorthTX
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to be of service to you and a heartfelt thank you for the glowing appreciation of our features and staff services.

I am happy to know that you liked the breakfast / lunch buffet spread at our award winning EDESIA restaurant and also our spacious rooms with four fixture bathroom.

Your wonderful review is the true testament to our daily efforts and the team at The Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla and I am looking forward to welcoming you back as our patrons soon.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Value for money hotel in the heart of south delhi. Nice and clean. Chinese is a good restaurant. Front desk is efficent and so are rest of the staff. Not very far from Lajpat Nagar where I was visitng almost everyday

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
razdan2013, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla.

I am pleased to note that all our facilities & services specially ChaoBella our award-winning restaurant was to your satisfaction.

My team joins me in thanking you for your commendation of our services and accommodations.

We are already looking forward to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is the best choice for people who wish to stay connected to south delhi. Brand new, spic n span fascilities, super courteous staff, excellent food. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. All in all a fantastic experience. Would highy recommend .

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to read the heartwarming endorsement of The Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi’s unique features and staff services.

We hope to being of service to you again in not too distant future.

Houston, TX
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Have NEVER been subjected to an experience like this one. Am a Platinum Elite Member of InterContinental Hotels, which includes Crowne Plaze, Holiday Inn, Express etc. Reserved a 1 bedroom suite on the IHG website, & was given a 1 bedroom suite upon check-in. Staff could not have been more accommodating & pleasant, & eager to provide service. Used their car/driver service 3 times & very pleased. Restaurant/bar service excellent. Housekeeping great & the accommodation quite acceptable. So there would have been no complaint about this hotel, until checking-out. Noted on the bill a charge labeled "Luxury Tax 10%" which was next to our nightly rate of 7,150 INR. As such, 10% would have been 715, not 1800. And this same 1,800 "luxury" tax was added for 3 nights for a total of $90 USD. When I questioned this, the front desk clerk called her "manager" who came to the front desk & stated: "We upgraded your room". When I pointed out that they HAD NOT upgraded our room, since we had been assigned precisely the accommodation we had reserved, he replied a 2nd time & then a 3rd time "we upgraded your room". Hotels do periodically upgrade guest rooms, especially for their most frequent guests, & I am a Platinum Elite with InterContinental Hotels & get frequent upgrades. However, voluntary upgrade by hotels DO NOT translate into some type of higher charge to the guest, since hotels do so "voluntarily". When I mentioned this, the front desk manager then stated that "all hotels in India charge a luxury tax on the highest rack rate for the room assigned". A first for me after traveling to 100+ countries, & having already spent 2+ weeks at other InterContinental properties in India, which I pointed out. He then stated that is was only in New Delhi. When I provided the printed copy of the Crowne Plaze reservation confirmation, the then stated that the printed confirmations from the hotel website were NOT correct & they DID NOT have to honor them. Really? He told me that the "regular rack rate" for the room I was in was $300 USD, so I was being charged 10% of THAT rate (1800 INR), even though that IS NOT the rate I had booked online, NOR was it the rate confirmed & sent to me by Crowne Plaze --- NOR was it the tax rate listed on the printed reservation form. As such, I was charged a 10% Luxury Tax for room rate which I did NOT reserve, & which was NOT what was on the printed confirmation sheet from Crowne Plaza. Definitely a first for me in thousands of hotel visits, & should be a heads-up to guests who might consider this property when visiting New Delhi. Great property. Great Staff. Horrible Front Desk Management. Be forewarned!
Otherwise the property is about 45 minutes from Delhi Airport, & there is basically zero in the immediate area. Nowhere to walk & eat, have a drink or shop. You are just stuck in the middle of nowhere unless you are in that area for business. Nothing wrong with the property as long as you know where it is & what to expect ---- except for the "luxury taxes" on room rates you did not book or have confirmed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank smvhou
razdan2013, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla for your stay.

I appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Trip advisor.

It concerns me immensely that you left our shores with a negative impression, I have made a note of your feedback about your check out experience and miss-communication at our end and definitely it could have been handled in a way better manner. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We do take great care that our esteemed guests don’t face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met, and we have not succeeded in meeting your expectations.

Customer feedback has always been an integral part of our learning curve, understanding and catering to the needs of the esteemed guests.

We duly appreciate your feedback and the same has been taken care with the concerned HOD and corrective measures have been taken by him. Also, I would like to share with you that we are imparting training to our team members on guest handling to ensure the same is not repeated in future.

To restore your faith back into our brand promise, Great Hotels Guest Love, you would treat this as one odd incident and would come back and stay with us. We complete acknowledge and value your patronage towards us and being a platinum member.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and time.

Assuring you the best of attention and service at all times.

SHASHI RAZDAN - DIRECTOR SALES & MARKETING
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here recently for three nights while working fairly nearby and was very impressed with the restaurant (I didn't try the Chinese / Italian downstairs) - the selection of food was fantastic.

I also used the gym, which was pretty good as hotels go (plus points - bench and dumbbells, negatives - heaviest dumbbells are 20 kg and there is no squat rack / Smith).

I also had a massage, which was very reasonably priced.

Can't comment on breakfast because I don't eat breakfast.

Room was high quality and quiet.

Would look forward to staying here again if I need to work in Delhi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JamesWainwright
razdan2013, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla.

I am pleased to note that all our facilities and award-winning restaurants were to your satisfaction and we have taken a note about certain Gym equipment's.

Yours sincerely,