“I am glad I stayed there!!”
Review of Dan & Clover Home

Dan & Clover Home
Dan & Clover Home
Ranked #96 of 1,066 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
“I am glad I stayed there!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The place was located in a very good location. Lajpat nagar central market and Gk market is nearby. The owners were very helpful and staff cooperative. I am glad I chose Dan and Clover, had a great time with family.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Thane, India
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Dan & Clover is an excellent place to stay in Delhi. Its situated in a residential premises which definitely gives you a feeling like home at the same time it does have the luxuries of the stay in the hotel. Rajesh who is the owner of the property is a very friendly host and ensures to make u feel comfortable and is always ready to help out. The caretaker of the property Pushkar is a simple guy but is also someone who will ensure all your needs are taken care of during your stay at the property. I would be visiting Delhi again next year and would definitely stay again at Dan & Clover.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I'd made a booking at Dan and Clover Home from Agoda.com for 7th June 2014 to 10th June 2014 and the booking was confirmed . To my surprise when I reached this place on 7th June, no one was available. I was told by a boy that no one is home. When I asked for a contact number, nothing was provided and I was told, everyone has gone to Nepal so they can't be reached.

I haven't had such a horrible experience at any place ever before. The least they could do was to intimate Agoda asking them not to initiate any bookings. I'd zeroed in at this accommodation after going through the reviews and made the booking a week in advance and It's a shame that this this is the kind of service meted be them.

I had appointments lined up for the day and instead of attending them, I spent the day in looking for an alternate accommodation in 47 degrees of Delhi heat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rajesh M, Owner at Dan & Clover Home, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Mr. Anshul,

Once again our heart felt apologies. I am really sorry that our summer holidays put you through so much discomfort.

We did have other booking during this period and all were well taken care of. Our boy Pushkar was out with another guest in the market when you had arrived and the new security guard messed up things. Sorry once again.

We will see to it that it never happens again.

most sincerely
Rajesh
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Hi There.
We booked a few days at Dan and Clover in Delhi last month, our first trip to India. We checked their ratings and booked. What a wonderful surprise! Nothing could have prepared us for the incredible hospitality and true generosity we experienced. Rajesh- our host and owner of Dan and Clover- spent our first evening helping us book train tickets, seems simple but it took about 4 hrs to do! He did this laughing all the way and regaling us with hysterical stories of his trips around India.
He then went on to help us with an local driver, seeing all the local off the beaten track sites and went as far as to spend an entire day with us. We felt VIP's!
The rooms were spacious, clean and very we'll appointed. Pushcar, helped with anything we needed, cooked fantastic breakfasts and was already to bring up hot milk.
Rajesh makes a fantastic cup of cooked coffee- Indian style!
I love learning facts about places and asked him daily twenty questions- he was happy to answer as many as possible and still researched the answers he did not know.
We are already planning a trip back and will without a showdown of a doubt stay with Rajesh. This time we'd like to meet his wonderful wife and two gorgeous girls.
We have a life long friend and home in Delhi!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the small road and it was quiet in comparison to Mumbai, the rooms facing away...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed 16 March 2014

During the two weeks my partner and I spent in Delhi, Dan & Clover was our refuge. Set in a quiet street and abutting a local park, it was a perfect location to come home to after exhausting days visiting Delhi's abundant historical and cultural venues. Rajesh and Rina were excellent hosts, ever available to answer all our questions without being intrusive. I knew we were in good hands when Rajesh instructed me to have our taxi driver call him at 2:30 in the morning so he could give the driver explicit instructions how to reach the guest house. (This proved to be most fortuitous since our plane landed in the densest fog I have ever experienced!). Staff member, Pushkar, cared for our every need, from providing delicious meals to helping us get a SIM card for our phone and ensuring the television worked properly. We arrived as foreign guests and left feeling that we were members of a warm and embracing family. Although I had lived in India 30 years ago, it was still an adjustment getting to know Delhi today. Staying at Dan & Clover made that so much easier than it otherwise might have been.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is a really great place to "land" in Delhi, or as a respite from more rustic travel. Rajesh is an outstanding host and made every effort to accomodate my needs, including moving furniture so I could have a work space, explaining things nearby, and even driving me himself a time or two... He and his wife are very personable, friendly people with great English. The rooms are pretty large. The street is relatively quite. Also, the breakfasts are outstanding.

Having stayed there for two longish stays (one of them for medical stuff), I consider Rajesh a friend now.

If it's within your budget, and desired neighborhood, you really can't go wrong with Dan and Clover!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel deserves a much better rating, as it is clean, has good location, very-very well furnished. I would give it a 5 easily. But the staff steaks no English! None at all!!! They smile and try to be helpful, but it just doesn't work. Dear owners, please teach Pushkar at least such things as "food", "where is..." and "come to the room..."

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple